Tamrakar Fred and Ginny

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
Rahne

Re: Tamrakar Fred and Ginny

Post by Rahne » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:55 pm

chelle784 wrote:
Rahne wrote:Umm I can understand why you feel it's rude but it's not meant to be... Dutch people are very direct, they like to give their opinion (whether or not it is asked for or wanted) and not twist around to make it look prettier. I guess it's a good thing you can't read Dutch because our 'own' Dog Forums are like war zones, very heated! Please don't take it too personal, you have a nice dog and that's all that matters right ;)

Now I will zip my mouth because you are probably not looking for discussion about early neutering :mrgreen:
Having lived in The Netherlands for 3 years when I was younder and having a Dutch best friend now I would say the Dutch are probably the nicest people anyone could ever meet :) (Opinion shared by my husband who has dutch friends and my mother who also lived in the Netherlands).

Rahne you are also right - I shouldn't take it personally but it is hard too especially if those sort of comments happen every time I put a new photo up and then builds up if that makes sense.
Yes I always try to say that to people when (again) I have offended them lol. When you really get to know us personally, we are very nice! But online, like forums and stuff, well we just say what we think and that's not always nice... we really don't mean to hurt people by that. It's just part of our culture I guess, so others (especially Americans) seem to think we are very rude people.

But I understand why you are upset about some comments. I personally try my best to think twice (or more) before I post a comment that might come across rude, while it's not meant to be. Anyways, just wanted you to know that those comments are really not meant to hurt your feelings!

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Tamrakar Fred and Ginny

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Apologies...
I maybe don't see things the way you do because I keep in mind we are all from all over the world and have varying ways of expressing opinions.
I, my self have been penalized for words I used in a sentence because It's a common descriptive word here where I live (and I couldn't think of a better one at the time) but to the person it was seen as an insult so I can see how annoying it is when someone takes what you say the wrong way (as per Vajente's post and not 'seeing' the insult)...
(not trying to dig a bigger hole, honest)...
It's easily done when viewing the written word, it just depends on how you want to view it. I try not to be too negative in life so try not to see things as insults, something that really bothers me, I pm and talk it over :)
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:38 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Tamrakar Fred and Ginny

Post by chelle784 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Rahne wrote:
chelle784 wrote:
Rahne wrote:Umm I can understand why you feel it's rude but it's not meant to be... Dutch people are very direct, they like to give their opinion (whether or not it is asked for or wanted) and not twist around to make it look prettier. I guess it's a good thing you can't read Dutch because our 'own' Dog Forums are like war zones, very heated! Please don't take it too personal, you have a nice dog and that's all that matters right ;)

Now I will zip my mouth because you are probably not looking for discussion about early neutering :mrgreen:
Having lived in The Netherlands for 3 years when I was younder and having a Dutch best friend now I would say the Dutch are probably the nicest people anyone could ever meet :) (Opinion shared by my husband who has dutch friends and my mother who also lived in the Netherlands).

Rahne you are also right - I shouldn't take it personally but it is hard too especially if those sort of comments happen every time I put a new photo up and then builds up if that makes sense.
Yes I always try to say that to people when (again) I have offended them lol. When you really get to know us personally, we are very nice! But online, like forums and stuff, well we just say what we think and that's not always nice... we really don't mean to hurt people by that. It's just part of our culture I guess, so others (especially Americans) seem to think we are very rude people.

But I understand why you are upset about some comments. I personally try my best to think twice (or more) before I post a comment that might come across rude, while it's not meant to be. Anyways, just wanted you to know that those comments are really not meant to hurt your feelings!

I guess it was just the build up of comments that got me upset and that was the last comment that tipped it!

I understand about your point about the culture differences - Canadians that I work with think the way some of the UK people in our company email/write is rude (I am from the UK and transferred from the UK company to the Canadian one this year)

User avatar
chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:38 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Tamrakar Fred and Ginny

Post by chelle784 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:07 pm

TerriHolt wrote:Apologies...
I maybe don't see things the way you do because I keep in mind we are all from all over the world and have varying ways of expressing opinions.
I, my self have been penalized for words I used in a sentence because It's a common descriptive word here where I live (and I couldn't think of a better one at the time) but to the person it was seen as an insult so I can see how annoying it is when someone takes what you say the wrong way (as per Vajente's post and not 'seeing' the insult)...
(not trying to dig a bigger hole, honest)...
It's easily done when viewing the written word, it just depends on how you want to view it. I try not to be too negative in life so try not to see things as insults, something that really bothers me, I pm and talk it over :)
I know what you mean - it wasn't just the one post - it was that one post that tipped it over from previous posts if that makes sense! If it was just that one post I wouldn't have said anything.

User avatar
akaye531
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Tamrakar Fred and Ginny

Post by akaye531 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:02 pm

+1 for wanting to see more photos :)
Rahne wrote:
chelle784 wrote:
Rahne wrote:Umm I can understand why you feel it's rude but it's not meant to be... Dutch people are very direct, they like to give their opinion (whether or not it is asked for or wanted) and not twist around to make it look prettier. I guess it's a good thing you can't read Dutch because our 'own' Dog Forums are like war zones, very heated! Please don't take it too personal, you have a nice dog and that's all that matters right ;)

Now I will zip my mouth because you are probably not looking for discussion about early neutering :mrgreen:
Having lived in The Netherlands for 3 years when I was younder and having a Dutch best friend now I would say the Dutch are probably the nicest people anyone could ever meet :) (Opinion shared by my husband who has dutch friends and my mother who also lived in the Netherlands).

Rahne you are also right - I shouldn't take it personally but it is hard too especially if those sort of comments happen every time I put a new photo up and then builds up if that makes sense.
Yes I always try to say that to people when (again) I have offended them lol. When you really get to know us personally, we are very nice! But online, like forums and stuff, well we just say what we think and that's not always nice... we really don't mean to hurt people by that. It's just part of our culture I guess, so others (especially Americans) seem to think we are very rude people.

But I understand why you are upset about some comments. I personally try my best to think twice (or more) before I post a comment that might come across rude, while it's not meant to be. Anyways, just wanted you to know that those comments are really not meant to hurt your feelings!

This is a lovely post. As a very non-confrontational American, I have at times been taken aback by some of the very forward comments/opinions that have been made by some on the forum as well as on FB. This helps put things in perspective for me. Thanks Rahne!

User avatar
chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:38 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Tamrakar Fred and Ginny

Post by chelle784 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:15 pm

I agree! It was this post that made me feel a lot better :D

Rahne

Re: Tamrakar Fred and Ginny

Post by Rahne » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:27 pm

:D

StunningMorelia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:56 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Tamrakar Fred and Ginny

Post by StunningMorelia » Wed May 18, 2016 8:21 am

Rahne wrote:hmm, but looking at some dogs:

Pepsi (ANCD) = dominant black, agouti
Image

Xena (ANCD, mother of Pepsi) = dominant black, no agouti
Image

Notice the difference between Xena (mother) and Pepsi (daughter). Xena is jet black without (much) greying while Pepsi has greying in her coat, giving her a 'phasing look'. Winnie has greying her in coat too and so do her black pups.

All Wolf/Red Grey Tamaskan carry agouti btw, Siberian Huskies can carry it too (among several other breeds).
Pepsi and Xena are stunning! Very very new regarding all this but keen to learn more. Who bred those two?

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Tamrakar Fred and Ginny

Post by Booma » Wed May 18, 2016 1:37 pm

they are Alaskan Nobel companion dogs.
Image Image

Post Reply