Trying to understand wolf content in my Tam (still confused)

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
Jen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Trying to understand wolf content in my Tam (still confused)

Post by Jen » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi all........ I haven't posted here in a long time as life takes over and with two young children , doing as you wish is just a distant memory!! I proudly own my wonderful girl Sasha who is a four year old Tamaskan from Blustag ( yes I know now!!!!!) who after many tricky years has become the most wonderful girl as a family pet to us and our two young children and the most sweet aunty to my litter of Springer Spaniel pups I bred last year!!! She truly is such a special and gentle girl.

My question is......... I have been very aware of all the information that has come to light about the foundations dogs used in Tams and the actions of the "Blu's" but what I just cant work out for myself is what the wolf content is in my girl!!! Sasha is out of Skye/ Susi. I have seen it stated that Skye was a f2 wolfdog, that Susi was a husky or cwd etc but the is so much different info that I am left confused!!! It won't make a bit of difference but does anyone know, with her parentage, what is my Sasha!!!!????!!!! Many thanks :D :oops:

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Trying to understand wolf content in my Tam (still confu

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:01 pm

Hey Jen :)
It's nice to see you back here on the forum!

With regard to wolf content...

SKYE:
Skye.JPG
Ivan (aka Boogie) is a high content wolfdog (not a pure wolf, probably F1/F2 or so)

SUSI is 75% husky and 25% CSV:
Susi.JPG
This means Sasha is (at the most) an F5 wolfdog but very low content... not enough to be concerned about. :)

The main issue isn't really the amount of wolf content, which (for most Tamaskan bloodlines) is virtually negligible but, rather, the fact that the Blus deliberately and consistently denied any wolf content whatsoever and purposefully mislabeled / marketed the breed as "Wolfdog without the Wolf" which is a lie (false advertising).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Jen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Jen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Thank you so much for that Debby!!! As I said it makes no difference to us here at all but I just wanted to know her "wolfy" status for sure. Although I haven't posted here in a while I have been quite aware of what has happened with Lynn and Jenni which is sad although not altogether supprising to me!!Sasha remains a wonderful , strange and lovely girl who is an honour to own :D

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:37 pm

No problem :)
I'm glad to hear that everything is going well with Sasha... she's such a gorgeous girl! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Jen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Jen » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Awwww.......thanks!! She is such a star :D