Pictures of Dogs with Horribly Burned Paw Pads

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Pictures of Dogs with Horribly Burned Paw Pads

Post by firleymj » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:30 pm

We've seen a number of grisly photographs of burned paw pads allegedly caused by walking on asphalt. The worst of these pictures actually refer to a dog that was abused and kept on a hot roof in extreme heat a few years ago.

Here's some facts:

Take care when exercising your pet. Adjust intensity and duration of exercise in accordance with the temperature. On very hot days, limit exercise to early morning or evening hours, and be especially careful with pets with white-colored ears, who are more susceptible to skin cancer, and short-nosed pets, who typically have difficulty breathing. Asphalt gets very hot and can burn your pet’s paws, so walk your dog on the grass if possible. Always carry water with you to keep your dog from dehydrating.

The signs that a dog has burned pads are limping, refusing to walk, darker than usual pads, blisters, redness, missing parts of the pad or licking and chewing the foot.

A dog that has been in the water for a while is more easily injured due to pads that have been softened. If your dog experiences any of these symptoms, the best treatment is to immediately flush the injured paw with cool water, get the dog to a grassy area, and carry him/her if possible.

So while it is indeed possible for dogs to sustain paw burns under conditions of excessive heat, it’s unlikely this situation would escape the notice of an attentive walker.

Read more at http://m.snopes.com/burned-paws/#VicrWsZ6vz7uolvH.99
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com