Help with I.D.ing a Tamaskan

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
carlosmorera
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Help with I.D.ing a Tamaskan

Post by carlosmorera » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:44 pm

I recently adopted my dog from a shelter in Northern Cali. She looks (to me) very close to a Black Tamaskan. She seems to have the same shape. The marking around the eyes, red undercoat around her neck and white undercoat on her thighs...any thoughts would be appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Help with I.D.ing a Tamaskan

Post by Booma » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:45 am

Sorry, not a Tam. There are only a few black Tams and I believe they are all in Europe and UK. Looks like a border Collie x to me..
Image Image

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Help with I.D.ing a Tamaskan

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:34 am

Does not look like a Tamaskan. Size looks a bit small, floppy ears, different structure, and as Booma said.

Best answer is, if you have to ask, then it is not. Tamaskan breeders microchip and DNA profile their pups as well as have contracts with the adopting families that should they need to rehome them for any reason, the family must return the pup/dog back to the breeder.

Due to outcrossing, it is common to come across a dog in rescue or a shelter that will look similar to a Tamaskan, but it would not be one. It is the bloodlines that make a Tamaskan a Tamaskan, not the breed mixes or the specific look.