What happened with the two TDR-founders Alba and Moonstone

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
ursus71
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

What happened with the two TDR-founders Alba and Moonstone

Post by ursus71 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:13 pm

Hello,

at the moment I'm waiting for my first Tamaskan ;) and I've been reading a little bit in the forum. The threads about breeding history of Tamaskan I found very interesting. There were some questions that I didn´t find in the threads. :?: I hope I've read in the forum enough that I do not double a question. Please let me know.
In 2006 there were three founders Blustag, Alba (both a lot of dogs) and Moonstone (dogs: Robbie, Zev, Shiloh). In the forum I read, when Moonstone knowed, what Right Puppy with its dogs has made, Moonstone stopped. Had 2 breedings. Did they belong to the TBA?
Alba in Scotland was apparently also a co-founder of the TBA and returned to the TDR in 2013.
6 breedings in TDR and 5 breedings in TBA. What was after the return?

Were Alba and Moonstone also Ute breeder befor TDR?

thank you
Ursus71

Wolfsbane
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: What happened with the two TDR-founders Alba and Moonsto

Post by Wolfsbane » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:13 am

Moonstone was never a part of the TBA as far as I know, they stopped breeding before the TBA was founded.
Alba has bred several litters after getting back to the TDR, but as her dogs were not tested for DM (Degenerative Myelopathy), and this is a requirement, those litters were never registered. She then stopped breeding altogether and said she was going to move to Spain and sell most of her dogs. However last month I came across an advertisement from her on a UK marketplace site were she was selling Tamaskan puppies from an 'oopsie' litter, location UK.

Blustag/Blufawn, Alba & Moonstone were all (British) Utonagan breeders before founding the TDR and changing the name of their dogs to Tamaskan.

ursus71
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: What happened with the two TDR-founders Alba and Moonsto

Post by ursus71 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:04 pm

Thank you, Wolfsbane. :)