Tamaskan shot in BC

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
Nimwey
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Tamaskan shot in BC

Post by Nimwey » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:41 pm

I haven't been here for a few years, I was just reading the Tamaskan Wikipedia page when I found out this happened a few months back. I went to check on the forum, expecting a very lengthy thread, but found nothing.

I also found this video about the event. Warning, in the text (no speaking) segment in the middle of the video, there is a photo of the dead dog. I am usually very hardy with looking at the most horrific abuse and death, but this still upset me greatly since I have spoken for years about hunters killing dogs, thinking they are wolves or coyotes.

They have even killed mastiff-type and lab mixes believing them to be wolves. So I guess, it was only a matter of time before they killed a Tamaskan.

I feel very sorry for her, and for her family, and for all the wolves killed by this ridiculous law and these bloodthirsty hunters.

Mother Nature does not rule by fear and anger, but by calm strength and assertiveness - Cesar Millan

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Tamaskan shot in BC

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:05 pm

The death of Kaoru (Tamrakar Hermione) was a terrible tragedy, which will hopefully result in new changes to the gun laws in B.C. as well as, hopefully, a shift in public perception about wolves and, also, how wild wolves differentiate from wolf-lookalikes. When I first heard about Karou's death, I reached out to Canine Valley to express my condolences and (long story, short) Carl and Vale ended up getting two puppies from us: Senshin (Sylvaen Blizzard) and Keiko (Sylvaen Tempest), two siblings (brother and sister) from our Storm litter, to be trained as potential service / therapy dogs. Although Kaoru can never be replaced, hopefully her legacy will continue to live on through these two pups who are following in her footsteps to serve their local community.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.