Lenka

All topics pertaining to health and diseases that may affect your Tamaskan Dog, as well as treatment.
wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Lenka

Post by wicca1 » Sun May 22, 2016 10:40 pm

we had our tamaskan lenka for eight years with no obvious health issues. on sunday 15 may my husband and myself were taking lenka for a walk when she collapsed and died( we suspect a massive heart attack).we had absolutely no warning that anything was wrong with her, until that point she had been a happy healthy girl,as everyone can understand we are devestated, has anyone heard of anything similar happening with the tamaskan breed ?.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: lenka

Post by Katlin » Sun May 22, 2016 11:17 pm

Wow I'm so sorry! That's horrifying....I know that this can happen with Arrhythmias, maybe she had one?
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Lenka

Post by Sylvaen » Mon May 23, 2016 9:23 am

so sorry for your tragic and sudden loss, RIP Lenka :(
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:45 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this :( We send our condolences.

rosemont
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by rosemont » Mon May 23, 2016 8:49 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss :( as for your question - what is her registered name/who are her parents? There's a list of known health problems on the forum somewhere, but I'm not sure about known heart problems. I don't know if something like that would be genetic or not but it's definitely tragic :/

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:23 pm

hi thanks for all your kind messages , lenka was a alba dog who we rehomed when she was a year old,according
to her paperwork she was called Alba Ori. her date of birth was 14/11/2008. her parents were Moonstone make me pure at alba and Alba Brusi.as I said she was a happy healthy dog and we are totally at a loss as to what happened to her.i was hoping to let her breeder know what has happened but I read she has given up breeding and gone to live in spain. however I hope we gave our girl the same love and happiness she gave us. she was a big soul in a small body and will be sadly missed by us and all our friends and neighbours.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I wonder if it might have been SAS (Subaortic stenosis)... apparently, it can cause a dog to just suddenly drop dead at any time and it is known to exist in the breeds that make up the Tamaskan Dog though we don't (yet) have any confirmed cases as far as I know. Also, I'm not sure if Alba has already moved to Spain or not, I think she might still be living in Scotland.

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:14 pm

hi thanks for your post, as I said we have no idea what happened to our girl as we were just taking her for a walk and she just literally dropped down dead . nearly two years later we still miss her as much as the day she died. don't know if I'll ever get over losing her.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:44 am

wicca1 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:14 pm
hi thanks for your post, as I said we have no idea what happened to our girl as we were just taking her for a walk and she just literally dropped down dead . nearly two years later we still miss her as much as the day she died. don't know if I'll ever get over losing her.
No problem. I can only imagine. :cry:
At least, if it's any consolation, it was very quick and she did not suffer... but still, incredibly sad and tragic nonetheless.

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:30 pm

hi it is a consolation it was very quick , but I feel cheated that she didn't have the long life I hoped she would have,.she was such a happy girl and loved everyone she couldn't get enough fuss and love from everyone she met.and everyone who met her loved her .we still have not found a new dog yet and I'm not sure we ever will.