Generous Scots schoolboy turns down iPad for Christmas...

A place to share magazine articles, adverts, films, TV-shows, and music videos that feature Tamaskan Dogs!
Rahne

Generous Scots schoolboy turns down iPad for Christmas...

Post by Rahne » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:27 pm

Generous Scots schoolboy turns down iPad for Christmas to help neglected animals

28 Dec 2012 00:01
ELEVEN-year-old Liam Munro donated his Christmas money to the SSPCA in a bid to help abandoned and neglected animals.

SELFLESS schoolboy Liam Munro gave up an iPad for his Christmas and donated the £400 it would have cost to the animal centre that saved his best pal.

The 11-year-old said: “It’s better to give the money to someone who really needs it.”

Liam and his family got Wolf, a two-year-old Tamaskan sled dog, from the SSPCA centre at Drumoak, Aberdeenshire, last Christmas.

Wolf came to the charity from a breeder who had badly neglected him. He was thin and frightened and his coat was in a shocking state.

But the loving care he received at the centre transformed him into a loving family pet.

And although Liam badly wanted an iPad, he felt he had to do something to thank the staff and help other neglected animals.

Liam’s mum Janette, 45, and dad Sid, 47, were stunned when he told them what he wanted to do. But the couple are very proud of their son.

Janette said: “He is quite a generous wee boy. When we’re out and I’m paying for something, he will say, ‘Are you sure you’ve got enough for that, mum?’

“He is quite a softie, especially when it comes to animals.

“Liam did get some gifts at Christmas because everybody thought he was being so generous, but he gave up a lot.

“He’s had so many messages of support on Facebook since he made the donation. He was delighted with the messages.”

Liam, of Portlethen near Aberdeen, has been to Drumoak with Wolf and the rest of the family to hand over his donation.

A spokeswoman for the Scottish SPCA said: “We think Liam is an absolute star and his family should be extremely proud of him.

“Wolf was so frightened when he first came into our care.

“But with the love of the Munros and their Staffie cross, Buddy, he has come so far.”

Liam said: “We saw pictures of Wolf before we took him home and he was in a right state. I thought I might as well donate to get more help for animals like him.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... ad-1508171

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Generous Scots schoolboy turns down iPad for Christmas..

Post by Nino » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:39 pm

What an awesome kid!

does that look like it could be from the same lines as Zuul?
>> Nino <<

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:54 am

Wow, not many kids like him around... Awesome lad! :D

The comment underneath is a prime example of why i despise humans and why i would rather give to animal charities...
What a lot of rubbish. I cant believe that this wee guys mum and dad actually allowed him to give £400 to an animal charity! If he really wanted to give his money away to charity then one that actually benefits people would be better than worrying about dogs etc. Why do people continually give money to cats and dogs when there are kids charities that need the money?! Baffling!

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:21 am

Amazing, looks like the pup could of come from Alba lines.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:13 am

Wow Terri, that post made me want to punch the computer lol...what an imbecile!

What an amazing young chap! I definitely agree that it could be alba lines
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:35 am

Katlin wrote:Wow Terri, that post made me want to punch the computer lol...what an imbecile!

What an amazing young chap! I definitely agree that it could be alba lines
Same here, if I know who that Gerry guy is and meet him in person I'd kick him in the weak spot for that statement as well. :roll: Animals are just as important as we are, no species is more superior over another no matter how many nutshell humans may think that we are.

Liam I am very proud of you :D

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:10 pm

TerriHolt wrote:Wow, not many kids like him around... Awesome lad! :D

The comment underneath is a prime example of why i despise humans and why i would rather give to animal charities...
What a lot of rubbish. I cant believe that this wee guys mum and dad actually allowed him to give £400 to an animal charity! If he really wanted to give his money away to charity then one that actually benefits people would be better than worrying about dogs etc. Why do people continually give money to cats and dogs when there are kids charities that need the money?! Baffling!
I think it's very obvious that the commentor probably never had any pets of their own and thus has no compassion for animals whatsoever.
My mum and I planned for next Christmas to not buy any gifts at all, and instead donate the money to a shelter or some animal charity.
And I agree, the comment is a great example as to why I would rather spend my money on animals than other people.

That aside, Liam's a really great person and it would be awesome if more people would follow his example :)

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Tatzel wrote: I think it's very obvious that the commentor probably never had any pets of their own and thus has no compassion for animals whatsoever.
My mum and I planned for next Christmas to not buy any gifts at all, and instead donate the money to a shelter or some animal charity.
And I agree, the comment is a great example as to why I would rather spend my money on animals than other people.

That aside, Liam's a really great person and it would be awesome if more people would follow his example :)
Prior to an unfortunate event that happened to me last fall, I was also just donating to animal service and rescue causes in my area and paid little attention to the people. But now I am trying to balance both. There are lots of animals who are in need just as much as there are children out there and it's unfortunate that the animals who will live shorter lives than the people are often ignored. Still, I don't excuse that ignorant comment made by that person! I can see that Liam did the right thing and I'd be incline to do what he did too if I was not in college right now.