TDR Logo

Comments and suggestions concerning the forum; a place to report bugs, errors, problems, etc.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
Post Reply
User avatar
Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:37 am
Location: North Carolina USA
Contact:

TDR Logo

Post by Tarheel » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:04 am

The logo looks nice and clearly states that the forum is affiliated witht the TDR. Very nice; however, I was on the forum for over an hour before I scrolled all the way to the bottom to read the breeders section, and then is when I noticed the logo.
Is there any where else to put the logo so it will be seen upon entering the site?
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

User avatar
Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 5112
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: TDR Logo

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:28 am

I could do an index / landing page - in-front of the forum - but that might get annoying. General consensus was that down at the bottom would be a good location for the logo (rather than up at the top where it takes up too much space)... keep in mind, if you are logged out (or a guest / visitor) then the forums are hidden... so the logo appears much closer towards the top of the page, which is most important for newcomers. Everyone who already is a member here should know that the forum is affiliated with the TDR by now, if they didn't already. :)
Image
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3107
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: TDR Logo

Post by Nino » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:42 am

Sylvaen wrote:I could do an index / landing page - in-front of the forum - but that might get annoying. General consensus was that down at the bottom would be a good location for the logo (rather than up at the top where it takes up too much space)... keep in mind, if you are logged out (or a guest / visitor) then the forums are hidden... so the logo appears much closer towards the top of the page, which is most important for newcomers. Everyone who already is a member here should know that the forum is affiliated with the TDR by now, if they didn't already. :)


How about making it part of the banner on the right or left side or something?

I know it would have to be smaller but you could maybe have both..
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:53 am
Location: UK

Re: TDR Logo

Post by Blustag » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:28 pm

Just shows how much attention I am paying. I have only just seen the logo at the bottom of the forum.... when was it put there?? lol.. Yes definately needs to be in a more prominent place for sure. I almost didnt see it and just caught a glimpse of some colour before I went back up again so had to do a double take to see what it was. Dont think the bottom is good ;)

User avatar
Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1731
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 3:31 pm
Location: Central Scotland

Re: TDR Logo

Post by Misaya » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:48 pm

I think it is ok at the bottom. I usually have a look there to see who is on and if its anybody's birthday, but maybe I'm just nosey :) . Another option would be to add the bit about the forum being affiliated with the TDR to the top banner.
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3107
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: TDR Logo

Post by Nino » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:32 pm

I dont know how long it has been there?

I only saw it because I wanted to see the commircial banner thingy
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2722
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: TDR Logo

Post by Katlin » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:12 pm

I like the looks of it down there, although it is quite out of the way for registered members it is clearly visible :) However the link is doing something weird. Looks like it's showing you the source links...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN @ Polarose

User avatar
Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 5112
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: TDR Logo

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:37 pm

Misaya wrote:I think it is ok at the bottom. I usually have a look there to see who is on and if its anybody's birthday, but maybe I'm just nosey :) . Another option would be to add the bit about the forum being affiliated with the TDR to the top banner.

I think that if it was at the top, it would take up far too much room... a smaller logo at the top might look too "busy" and cluttered. I'll try to see about incorporating a text link near the top at some point soon. If you log out, you can see that the logo is positioned much higher up on the page and is very obvious to anyone who is not yet a member.

Nino wrote:I dont know how long it has been there?

I only saw it because I wanted to see the commircial banner thingy

Both were added at the same time. ;)

Kaemaskan wrote:I like the looks of it down there, although it is quite out of the way for registered members it is clearly visible :) However the link is doing something weird. Looks like it's showing you the source links...

Unfortunately the TDR website is broken at the moment... it looks like the whole homepage (and subsequent html pages) have just completely disappeared. Hopefully Jennie can fix it soon....
Image
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

User avatar
Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 5112
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: TDR Logo

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:00 am

Swapped to the correct logo and made it a bit smaller, plus added a link / statement to the top... feedback? :)
Image
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

User avatar
HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 4805
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Princeton, TX US
Contact:

Re: TDR Logo

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Me thinks it looks good :)
Image

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: TDR Logo

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:09 pm

i thinks it looks good too :)
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3107
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: TDR Logo

Post by Nino » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Sylvaen wrote:Swapped to the correct logo and made it a bit smaller, plus added a link / statement to the top... feedback? :)


hmm.. still white background (but smaller) here.. whaat
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1731
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 3:31 pm
Location: Central Scotland

Re: TDR Logo

Post by Misaya » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:00 pm

Looks good :)
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2722
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: TDR Logo

Post by Katlin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:02 pm

I like it better like this :D
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN @ Polarose

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests