Welfare Funds Urgently Needed for Nanaki

Tamaskan Dogs (and lookalikes) available for adoption.
michifloo
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Welfare Funds Urgently Needed for Nanaki

Post by michifloo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:44 pm

Nanaki's current (and forever) adoptive home loves him dearly! It is horribly sad that the poor dog has had two episodes of grand mal seizures since arriving there. The first one came about 3 weeks after his placement and the other just last night, more intense than the first. When I adopted him out to this home, they were fully informed of his history and Nanaki (AKA Naki) has been fully and meticulously medicated, however, the idiological seizures have persisted....

The adoptive home consists of a single mother, civil servent ( a police officer for the state of Wisconsin) with one, very attentive and attached 14 y/o son.

My goal is to raise $3500 to help cover the costs of this last seizure episode and fund an MRI for Naki which will give the adoptive home more information about his treatment....

The adopter is way to proud to ask for help herself........ Please, please help in this effort! Naki is worth it.... even if you can afford a dollar or two, that would be so helpful! I am personally going to contribute to this.....

You may contribute to the NTCA Rescue through PayPal. Just make a note that the donation is for the Naki Welfare Fund. You can find find the rescue on PayPal by using: michiftamaskan@yahoo.com

In the whole 2 months he was with me in our rescue, I never saw any seizure activity and never for one second suspected it would be so severe! Naki is so in love with his girlie dog friend and kitties, it just breaks my heart that this poor little guy has such a horrible disorder....
"I like my dogs more than most people"

sky
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Welfare Funds Urgently Needed for Nanaki

Post by sky » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Unfortunately even with the MRI and spinal tap the outcome could be epilepsy which means a lifetime of medications. Juneau is on three meds now and they keep increasing his dosages as he still has grand mal and clusters monthly. Just had 4 this weekend. We are at $250/mo. For meds. We take pheno, keppra and topramax. They are talking another few meds to try, but we are working on dosages and timing of medications for now. If they prescribe him keppra let them know to call Costco for the cheapest prices. Where the normal pharmacies wanted $300/mo for it, Costco wanted only $90. Hopefully they have Costco up there. I also found one online pharmacy that was as cheap if not. Let me know if she needs any support.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:54 am

Poor boy! I'm just happy he is in a forever home now. I still love him and want to help out as much as possible, just trying to get a credit card bill down right now (still because of medical bills from husband's staph infection) so can't afford anything atm. But as soon I can I promise I will send something!

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Denise, is that the right e-mail address for your paypal, it looks like you have put an extra a in Tamaskan?
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

michifloo
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by michifloo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:49 pm

What a messy few days!

There is a mispelling in the PayPal address... my sincere appologies.

michiftamaskan@yahoo.com

michifloo
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by michifloo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:33 am

I presented the gift of $400 to Naki's mom tonight... she was a little tearful (but so was I) and kept saying that I "didn't have to".... Naki is doing very well on his new medication reg... he seemed bouncy and sparkly! A special thanks to those of you who really couldn't afford anything, but gave anyway :) And another (extra special) thanks to Fiona, who ended up giving twice ;)

I think we all feel connected with this dog, having followed his plight for almost a year... I will continue to collect funds to help Naki's family out... just make a note on the PayPal donation that it is for Naki....

PayPal ID:

michiftamaskan@yahoo.com

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and support for Naki!

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:42 am

I really think you are the one who is to be thanked Denise as you have done so much to help him out and get him to a better home :D I do miss him and wish him the best and you have helped achieve that! (great, now I'm getting teary-eyed)

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:44 am

michifloo wrote:I presented the gift of $400 to Naki's mom tonight... she was a little tearful (but so was I) and kept saying that I "didn't have to".... Naki is doing very well on his new medication reg... he seemed bouncy and sparkly! A special thanks to those of you who really couldn't afford anything, but gave anyway :) And another (extra special) thanks to Fiona, who ended up giving twice ;)

I think we all feel connected with this dog, having followed his plight for almost a year... I will continue to collect funds to help Naki's family out... just make a note on the PayPal donation that it is for Naki....

PayPal ID:

michiftamaskan@yahoo.com

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and support for Naki!
I gave twice too :) glad to hear Naki is well.