Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Tamaskan Dogs (and lookalikes) available for adoption.
Post Reply
User avatar
blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: Lincs, UK

Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by blufawn » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Winnie is available for rehoming, she is a non registered Tamaskan cross. She is almost 2 years old (next month). She has completed health tests, she is wormed, microchipped and vaccinated, but she will be spayed before she is rehomed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
.............................................................
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

User avatar
Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:37 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Lynwae » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Really? Why would you rehome her? Is it because she could not be registered?
Where is the rehoming possible, I may have some contacts interested in her...

User avatar
HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 4802
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Princeton, TX US
Contact:

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:19 pm

I still wish to see a photo of her father :oops:
Image

User avatar
Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1205
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 1:08 am
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Gaby » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Ahh.. Beautiful Winnie for rehoming? I did not expect that, I thought she would be a new bloodline, regarding to this topic: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic ... 10&p=49168 And your message is only posted a few days ago. :? I've seen her and she is lovely, she has a beautiful coat and colour and I thought her health tests were good too. Can't her puppies be registered as Tamaskans? Won't that be a loss for the Tamaskan breed?
blufawn wrote:
AZDehlin wrote:I would like to see new outcrosses, all tamaskan are way to closely related personally.
I'd have to say I disagree with this statement. If you check the inbreeding statistics for the Tamaskan breed they are a perfectly acceptable and other than one accidental mating between half siblings no 'inbreeding' has taken place.

New outcrosses are being added all the time including Apache Horse, Winnie, Rann, Dashka and Nanna in the past 5 years with the possibility of 2 RPK pups being registered this coming year (pending health tests and TDR approval)

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Nino » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Gaby wrote:Ahh.. Beautiful Winnie for rehoming? I did not expect that, I thought she would be a new bloodline, regarding to this topic: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic ... 10&p=49168 And your message is only posted a few days ago. :? I've seen her and she is lovely, she has a beautiful coat and colour and I thought her health tests were good too. Can't her puppies be registered as Tamaskans? Won't that be a loss for the Tamaskan breed?
I believe that the one puppy she have had will be registered, but due to her not being able to be registered it would defeat the purpose letting her breed and the pups being registered (besides the one she have already have) when she cannot be bred herself.. at least that's what I think..
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1205
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 1:08 am
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Gaby » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Nino wrote:
Gaby wrote:Ahh.. Beautiful Winnie for rehoming? I did not expect that, I thought she would be a new bloodline, regarding to this topic: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic ... 10&p=49168 And your message is only posted a few days ago. :? I've seen her and she is lovely, she has a beautiful coat and colour and I thought her health tests were good too. Can't her puppies be registered as Tamaskans? Won't that be a loss for the Tamaskan breed?
I believe that the one puppy she have had will be registered, but due to her not being able to be registered it would defeat the purpose letting her breed and the pups being registered (besides the one she have already have) when she cannot be bred herself.. at least that's what I think..
I'm sorry, I don't understand that. If the pups can be registered, there is no need to spay her I would think? Having another litter with her only would improve the variety in bloodlines I think.

User avatar
blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: Lincs, UK

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by blufawn » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:50 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:I still wish to see a photo of her father :oops:
Your all smart people, I'm sure you can work it out on your own. After all, how many males do I own that she could possibly have been accidentaly mated to?
If you do manage to work it out then please don't blurt it out on the forum but keep it to yourself.
Thanks
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
.............................................................
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Katlin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:04 pm

blufawn wrote:
HiTenshi16 wrote:I still wish to see a photo of her father :oops:
Your all smart people, I'm sure you can work it out on your own. After all, how many males do I own that she could possibly have been accidentaly mated to?
If you do manage to work it out then please don't blurt it out on the forum but keep it to yourself.
Thanks
Oh oh....I got it... I guess that explains the tail :P I'd take her in a heartbeat if I was in the UK :(
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

User avatar
blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: Lincs, UK

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by blufawn » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:43 pm

The one puppy she did have was registered, you are right. I am not rehoming her purely because she is not registered. I would continue to breed her (and not register the puppies if I had to) if I believed she would produce quality puppies but to be perfectly honest I did not like Crazy Peanut at all.
I do have to cut down on the number of dogs that I own because for the next few years I know I wont have the time, money, space or energy to care for them all as they deserve.
I made my choice to keep the best quality and let others go. Winnie is not the first to be rehomed (Maverick has already gone to Blustag) and she will not be the last this year. Its a hard choice but I cannot keep more than 7 dogs, I made that promise to myself so if I want to keep puppies from upcoming litters then I must make space for them.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
.............................................................
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

User avatar
Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 am
Location: South Carolina, USA

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Ciaobella » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:30 pm

I understand why you are rehoming her and I hope she finds a great home! I'm sure she will :D
Katurah

User avatar
Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:53 am
Location: UK

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Blustag » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Id just like to say here that Winni is a lovely lovely girl and exceptionally intelligent. I did a lot of training with her last year and she
is sooooo responsive. She would do well in a home where she could be worked or even do agility. She is very sweet natured and I
will miss her when she is gone.

juice
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:20 pm
Location: scotland uk

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by juice » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:19 pm

winnie is a lovely dog. shame you have to rehome her wish i could take her. you will be busy in the coming months ;). if you have any males let me know maybe able to help.

User avatar
Canadia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:16 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Canadia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:46 am

I would take Winni in a second if I had the resources - whoever gets her will be extremely lucky - I'm already jealous.

User avatar
Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1205
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 1:08 am
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Gaby » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:25 am

Why didn't you like Crazy Peanut Jennie? Did Winnie pass through traits you didn't like? I only saw two pictures of him at facebook, I have no idea. He looked very cute. Do you have him still or is he with a new owner?

User avatar
blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: Lincs, UK

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by blufawn » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:46 pm

He is with his new ownerss now. His conformation was not good in my opinion, he looked like a Tamaskan of course. I suppose his structure could be blamed on the fact he suffered with being very fat because of being the sole dog at the milk bar, because of this he walked very late and had little muscle when he left here. Its hard to say. His head was also a little broad and his tail while not curly was not quite straight
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
.............................................................
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

User avatar
Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:53 am
Location: UK

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Blustag » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Well I thought him a nice puppy and am interested to see how he grows ;)

User avatar
Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1205
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 1:08 am
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Gaby » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 am

I'm also interested in how Crazy Peanut will grow up. Do you have some recent pictures of him? Even though the conformation of her puppy wasn't the way you wanted to, but it is difficult to judge on what she reproduces because she had only one puppy. And being very fat and building up muscles late doesn't help with that of course. I understand you have to make space though, I don't think it is bad to rehome her, in my opinion. But I find it a pity to cut her out of the Tamaskan bloodlines, I believe that she has a lot to offer. I wish I had more space and could take her, but unfortunately I can't. :(

User avatar
JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2535
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Gaby wrote:I'm also interested in how Crazy Peanut will grow up. Do you have some recent pictures of him? Even though the conformation of her puppy wasn't the way you wanted to, but it is difficult to judge on what she reproduces because she had only one puppy. And being very fat and building up muscles late doesn't help with that of course. I understand you have to make space though, I don't think it is bad to rehome her, in my opinion. But I find it a pity to cut her out of the Tamaskan bloodlines, I believe that she has a lot to offer. I wish I had more space and could take her, but unfortunately I can't. :(
I agree, maybe with a different male, and more than one pup they could look better, or at least add something to future generations. Would it not be worth seeing if someone you trust to breed responsibly would want her? She is a stunning looking dog and her photos do not do her justice, it seems a shame to loose a fresh bloodline, even if it was an accident. I also understand why you have to rehome, with a new baby on the way you have to be realistic on how many dogs you can take care of to the standard you are happy with.

User avatar
blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: Lincs, UK

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by blufawn » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:23 pm

I may have found her a home with my family (my OH's sister) on breeding terms that she comes back to me for one litter. She was waiting for a CED pup from Riker x Rogue, will keep you updated.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
.............................................................
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

User avatar
AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3039
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 am
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA (for now)
Contact:

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by AZDehlin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:35 pm

blufawn wrote:I may have found her a home with my family (my OH's sister) on breeding terms that she comes back to me for one litter. She was waiting for a CED pup from Riker x Rogue, will keep you updated.
I would like to see her mated with Rann to see if we can create some more black grey's :)

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Booma » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:37 pm

More black Greys would be nice :)
Image Image

User avatar
blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: Lincs, UK

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by blufawn » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:20 pm

She was / is planned for Diesel ( Rann x Tums) who is a black grey
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
.............................................................
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

User avatar
Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:37 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Lynwae » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Great news, it would be awesome if she could be used with diesel in the future... Black grey tamaskan are beautiful :)

User avatar
susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:01 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by susann » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:37 pm

Lynwae wrote:Great news, it would be awesome if she could be used with diesel in the future... Black grey tamaskan are beautiful :)
Agree... I like them dark too...black/grey.. I only liked light grey/red earlier. :)

User avatar
Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Valravn » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Will the pups be registered?
Image
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

User avatar
JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2535
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by JulieSmith » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:35 pm

blufawn wrote:I may have found her a home with my family (my OH's sister) on breeding terms that she comes back to me for one litter. She was waiting for a CED pup from Riker x Rogue, will keep you updated.
That is great news, and you get to keep in contact with her. :D

juice
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:20 pm
Location: scotland uk

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by juice » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:26 pm

great news fingers crossed :)

User avatar
Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 5190
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: Winnie (Blufawn Chives)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:31 am

Valravn wrote:Will the pups be registered?
I think they would be.
Image
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Post Reply