Purebred Tamaskan needs new home

Tamaskan Dogs (and lookalikes) available for adoption.
Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Purebred Tamaskan needs new home

Post by Valravn » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Found this girl. Anyone know who the breeder is?
http://spokane.ebayclassifieds.com/dogs ... d=28497619
Our dog needs a new home. Her name is Freya, she is a 10-month old purebred Tamaskan. She is NOT fixed. This is a $1000 dog, purchased directly from the breeder as an infant, that is well trained and extremely playful. Good with children, cats, and other dogs. She was trained as an indoor dog but also loves the yard and walks. She never barks but is very vocal with muffled howling that's adorable. Unfortunately we have a changing family situation and cannot properly take care of her and would like to find a family that can.

She is microchipped, papered, and has also had a DNA test to prove she has no wolf in her. All documentation will be provided with the dog.

We're asking $600 as a reasonable re-homing amount for this beautiful dog, or best offer. Also comes with a $100 crate and a few-day supply of food to get you going. Please reply to this ad or text me at 509-979-7701. I prefer texts. Thank you.
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

Whiltierna
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Purebred Tamaskan needs new home

Post by Whiltierna » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:36 pm

I wonder why they didn't go back to the breeder for rehome help.
From the breeder review list on this forum, the closest in geographical location is Conchur (Regina Skarzinskas) - Oregon, USA.

Man I wish we had our own homing situation set to adopt a Tam, she's beautiful!

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:18 pm

It has to be a Blufawn or Blustag dog because the Quicksilver litter is already over a year old. Next youngest litter are Tarheel's...this dog doesn't look like Tarheel's dogs either; not that I'd even imagine either Debby or the Bannows not knowing about one of their pups being rehomed.

Nevada/Bodie pup? I think that litter is about 10-11 months old now. Hunter/Shogun pups were born around October, so only about 8-9 months old or so.

Whiltierna
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Whiltierna » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:19 pm

Arian, I will message you when we begin our search, you know a lot about the breeders pups!

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:20 pm

Whiltierna wrote:Arian, I will message you when we begin our search, you know a lot about the breeders pups!
lol. I'm just obsessive...that's all. XD

EDIT:
I have emailed the ad poster for more info. Hopefully, they'll reply.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:55 pm

Did you speak to Denise Wetzel about this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:53 am

The ad says she is purebred but don't RPK and Ratliff also claim to sell purebred Tamaskan? It says the dog was purchased for $1000 so she might very well come from one of the US puppymillers.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Rahne wrote:The ad says she is purebred but don't RPK and Ratliff also claim to sell purebred Tamaskan? It says the dog was purchased for $1000 so she might very well come from one of the US puppymillers.
That could also be why they are rehoming instead of giving her back to the breeder. She's very pretty.
Image Image

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Could be a Ratliff-bred dog but I don't know. I'm only guessing as I've noticed that the Ratliff dogs still look mostly like legitimate Tamaskans while most of the dogs bred by RPK have apparently become more Malamute/Husky looking in many of the most recent photos I've seen on facebook. Still I won't rule out the possibility that this dog could just be another crossbreed bred by someone else besides the two. I've seen numerous Tamaskan-looking yet apparently unrelated crossbreeds ending up in the In Harmony with Nature Shelter in Florida, some of which are also alleged to have wolf-dogs in their background.

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:39 pm

I don't know… she reminds me of some of the Saxon pups… The thing that really worries me is that she isn't spayed. I'd hate for her to end up with the wrong kind of people.
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:39 pm

She reminds me of a dog i've seen recently... I just can't remember who or where.

She could be a Blu dog that has been imported... Also a valid reason for not sending back to the breeder. Lynn recently put on her forum about a female needing a new home, i just don't know the age?

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:13 pm

TerriHolt wrote:She reminds me of a dog i've seen recently... I just can't remember who or where.

She could be a Blu dog that has been imported... Also a valid reason for not sending back to the breeder. Lynn recently put on her forum about a female needing a new home, i just don't know the age?
Which forum? The one that they claimed has technical problem or the even more newer one that she and Jennie just put up a few weeks ago?

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Tiantai wrote:
TerriHolt wrote:She reminds me of a dog i've seen recently... I just can't remember who or where.

Which forum? The one that they claimed has technical problem or the even more newer one that she and Jennie just put up a few weeks ago?
I was told the advertised on both? I honestly don't bother with them or register on their forums tho because it confuses outsiders ("if they are such big bad puppy mill type people why to TDR people register on their forums and join their groups" <-- yes, this has been asked)... I figured it's best not to add to their numbers ;) ... I think there was a male too, I deleted the message a few weeks back...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:23 am

Definitely not Regina's pup. Looks very different from like my girl Froya. Pretty girl. Hope someone good takes her.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Sad to see a pup being advertised on EBay like that, I too have believe that she may be from RPK (Yadkin, Blustag in NC) or Ratliff (Ratliff who has purebred Tamaskans but I believe they are half-brother and half-sister, or worse could be full since RPK does not keep good records). Like Rahne said, spending only $1000.00 is what the price usually is if the pup came from either of those puppy mills, would cost way more for import and the age plus looks does not match any of the US breeders.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:30 pm

I've contacted them to see what I can do, still waiting for them to get back to me.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Has anyone gotten a reply back yet?

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:31 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:Has anyone gotten a reply back yet?
Not from my end. :(

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:46 pm

She contacted me back - "she's taken" and that's it :roll:
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:30 pm

I wonder if the person is reading these posts. It's possible they knew that we have been onto them from the start?

Whiltierna
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Whiltierna » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Everyone likes a good origins story. We were all interested in the pup (although not from an adoption perspective). :)