Nicknames

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Nicknames

Post by Tatzel » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:14 am

We have a thread about what's behind our dogs names, but what about nicknames or cutie-names?

Sometimes I call Monobi "Mr. große Ohren" (mr. big ears), "Butz", "Butzbär", "Hexe" (witch - even though he's male haha), "Alte Hex'" (old witch), "Butzbär Peter Karl Heinz Monobi" (always going with a " - das ist dein Name!" this is your name!), Maus (mouse), Babyloo... he does have quite a lot, but I guess he only listens to his actual name, and when I usually say "Hexe!" when I want to play with him and he understands it as play-cue

So, what about you? Got any nicknames for your doggies?

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Nicknames

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:43 am

Well, when he's in trouble, he is "Samantha" ( :oops: it sounds better with the 3 syllables in a stern voice), when we play or we both get excited he is "Sammy" like "has my Sammy been a good boy while i not been in" (he loves that one) and when he farts, he's... well, maybe i should not say that in public :D (i have worked out that when he sleeps and wags his tail, he's not having a nice dream.... He farts and wafts :roll: ).

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:18 am

I have a lab name Sam as well. If he's in trouble it's Saaaaaaaam! Other than that is Sammy, dumby, or dog! Snoopy is Snoopers, Snoop, or poopie haha
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:27 am

For Ulric, he does not have too many, there is Ulrich von Lichtenstein, Fluffy Butt, my husband will call him Big Ears even though bis ears are not that big.
Zelda is already earning some nicknames, Hyena, because when she cries while in the crate she sounds like one, my husband will call her Piranha because of her sharp puppy teeth. Even less often I will call her Little Bird because her wimper whine sounds like a baby bird, so cute.
Rukia, our German Shepherd mix, has the most, Brat because she just acts like one, Princess since she does not like getting dirty, Dingo because her looks remind us of a black dingo and after researching the breeds in her, it was thought that dingo might be in part of what made the Heeler, Camel because she can hold a lot of water until she decides to relieve her bladder, and Daddy's Girl which is obvious to see when you meet her.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Tatzel wrote:We have a thread about what's behind our dogs names, but what about nicknames or cutie-names?

Sometimes I call Monobi "Mr. große Ohren" (mr. big ears), "Butz", "Butzbär", "Hexe" (witch - even though he's male haha), "Alte Hex'" (old witch), "Butzbär Peter Karl Heinz Monobi" (always going with a " - das ist dein Name!" this is your name!), Maus (mouse), Babyloo... he does have quite a lot, but I guess he only listens to his actual name, and when I usually say "Hexe!" when I want to play with him and he understands it as play-cue

So, what about you? Got any nicknames for your doggies?
Actually Hexe can be males too. I know a male GSD in my neighbourhood nicknamed "Valkyrie" which as of some modern 21st Century anime the Valkyries now have male counter-parts :lol:

I love the Maus however.

iamnic
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by iamnic » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:18 pm

LOL love this topic.

Naima is known as Naima-lula, Cuddlebug, Princess Naima, and the Mad Queen (she's a diva). On occasion she also referred to as Crazy Face and Little Beggar.
Kona's nicknames are Kona-Kaboom and Kona-Kabob, which has morphed into variations such as Kona-bob, Kabobs, Bobbers and Bobs. The vet calls her Kona Coyote hah.

Whispyr
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Whispyr » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:49 am

My families favorite nickname for Naima the Shiba Inu is to call her Bucky Fuzzbutt. :P

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by balto13 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:27 pm

okay, our dog Luna has earned her self A LOT of nick names, such as;
Lulu
luna dudu
ms.otter face
dragon roll (because she likes to curl up when she sleeps and she looks like a dragon sushi roll)
sushi roll
pretty girl
fluffy butt
(the fur on her rear end feather out and always makes it look like she is running super fast)
llluuuunnnaaaa

it's a good thing animals don't get embarrassed by silly nicknames :lol:

kcyin1569
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by kcyin1569 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:58 am

My standard poodle Tonks doesn't have as many nicknames. When she's in trouble, we call her Snot or her full name (Nymphadora Tonks). She also gets called Babe, Baby-girl, Fluffy, and Mis Sass (she gives us sass by "talking" when she doesn't want to do something. She still does the command/instruction, but she lets us know how much she doesn't want to do it). She really only responds to her name or Babe (when she's being bribed by food).

Teddy, my schnoodle, has quite a few. He's called Tedders, Cheddar (he was a blond streak down his back), Bubbas (one of my personal favorites), Mustache Man, Little Snot, Feather-Tail (his tail is purple and flagged, so it looks like a giant feather from far away), Little Man, and Schnoodle Noodle. He responds to all of these names, but he considers Teddy and Bubbas as his main names and he thinks of them as recall (which is nice. He comes when called no matter what else he might be getting into).

Both of them get called Stinky whenever they come in from outside because they both love to dig and sometimes they get something smelly, like Skunk Cabbage (if you uproot it, it smells absolutely awful).
When the wolves cry
to the Blue Corn Moon,
When they howl at
the passing of mountains,
When their gold eyes
pierce your mind and soul,
When you become one
with the wolf within,
then I will love you.

darazan
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by darazan » Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 am

Before my cat Kaos died, my in-laws would call him Monster. I can't really blame them since he was a fantastic hunter, but also so affectionate that he would bite your face. Not always, but we think he just got so over stimulated from affection that he would just occasionally lash out like that. He was usually very affectionate.
-Crystal

Vajente
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Vajente » Thu May 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Ravi is mostly called stinker, zwijn(pig), poephoofd(poophead), stinkzwam(fungus), because he stinks obviously, my friends and family always think twice before petting him :lol:
or I call him Raaf, which is just short for Ravi but also the dutch word for raven

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu May 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Sounds like Ravi could use a bath :O

Wylie is Wyles, Wy, and Eggo (from the Eggo waffle commercials "Leggo my Eggo" Wylie doesn't like to let go of his toys)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu May 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Jasper: Jaspy-Paspy / Mr. Pasper (Dino's nickname for Jasper is Jasperm, which I hate - lol)

Vixen: Vixie-Pixie / Vixy-Pix / Vixel (rhymes with Pixel)

Vega: Veggy-Breggy (lol also like "Eggo") / Vegica (Croatian-ized word for 'little Vega' : pronounced Veh-git-sa)

Vala: LaLa / Lala-kins / Lala-Palooza / Vala-LooLoo / Sasquatch

Zora: Zora-Pora-Japanora / Zoooor-rah / Cheeky Madam
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Cornelia1986
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Cornelia1986 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:06 pm

Sylvaen wrote:Jasper: Jaspy-Paspy / Mr. Pasper (Dino's nickname for Jasper is Jasperm, which I hate - lol)

Vega: Veggy-Breggy (lol also like "Eggo") / Vegica (Croatian-ized word for 'little Vega' : pronounced Veh-git-sa)

:lol: Love this names!
There once was a wolf-
a wolf lonlier than the mountains

TParham86
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by TParham86 » Fri May 17, 2013 5:16 am

I don't have too many nicknames for my babies but the few I do have is below :)

Mona Lisa: Mona / Sweetie (cus she's such a sweet heart) ;)

Luke: My little fatty (cus he's always hungry) ;)

Tear: My little princess (cus she's the baby of the family) ;)

Maayke
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Maayke » Fri May 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Aydin's nicknames are:

Al qaedin - Because sometimes when I come home it's like he's blown up the place (yes I know it's wrong haha!)
Papayadin - Because he loves fruit XD

And maaaany other names, especially things we can end with 'din'. :D

Vajente
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Vajente » Fri May 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Katlin wrote:Sounds like Ravi could use a bath :O
no use, the second I let him go he is off rolling around in horsepoo again :roll:

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri May 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Abby: Abbykins, Baby, Bebe, Abbybaby, Kid, [Idiot, Jerk, Jerkface] - I use these when she's acting like a lunatic, which results in injuring me (i.e. stepping on/scratching/mouthing me when she's jumping around like an goof, knocking me off my feet, etc).

akaye531
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by akaye531 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Mowgli: Mo, Mowgs, Munchkin, Munch, Fluffbutt, Buttcheeks

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by balto13 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:31 am

Its awesome to see what everybody calls their dog :D

Cornelia1986 wrote:
Sylvaen wrote:Jasper: Jaspy-Paspy / Mr. Pasper (Dino's nickname for Jasper is Jasperm, which I hate - lol)

:lol: Love this names!
agreed :D

how did Dino come up with Jasperm? :lol:
Vajente wrote:Ravi is mostly called stinker, zwijn(pig), poephoofd(poophead), stinkzwam(fungus), because he stinks obviously, my friends and family always think twice before petting him :lol:
or I call him Raaf, which is just short for Ravi but also the dutch word for raven
:lol: :lol: I am having too good of a laugh reading all these nick names, awesome!

ASaroka
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by ASaroka » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:47 am

I usually call my dog Ianto (named for Ianto Jones from Torchwood) or Bud, Buddy, Buds. When he's in trouble, he gets called Dog.

chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by chelle784 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:37 am

Pepper: Peps, Pepper Potts (from Iron Man), Peppercorn, Peplicorns (not sure why), Pep Guardiola (footballer/football manager)

Phoenix: Butler, because she follows you around like the creepy butler in the old tomb raider video games and 'Phoenix' (said in different languages which happens to be very similar/same in some)

Husband is a french speaker so they both get called their french equivalent.

highasakite
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by highasakite » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:48 am

My girl Madi has a few cute nicknames, though they usually include her actual named. My favourite one is Madi Moo, but we also call her Madi Q, Madi Goose, Goose, Fluffy-Butt, and Native!

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:53 am

Aww I like Goose, my kitty Meeko was called Goose a lot (silly goose).

Wylie's new ones are Woo since he likes to Woo-ooo-wooooo at me and Wy-guy by my roomie.

I definitely still call him Eggo though >_< he needs to learn a better "drop-it" command for his tug ropes :roll: :lol:
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Freyja: Spanky (when she has lost her coat after a litter she's nearly naked LOL), Frajeeta-bonita-momasita (for some reason that stuck--just a silly, made up Mexican name), or just Frajeeta.

Darwin: Sir Derwood (no idea, we just make things up), or just Derwood, Darwinian, little man,

Raven: Doodlebug (because she loves chasing bugs), Doodle, and my favorite: Runs With Wild Abandon (LOL!)

Ruuq: Legs.

All the girls get alternately called: sweet pea, sweetie, little girl, sweetheart…

And Fenris, our lab mix, just got a new nickname: Fenders. We took him to dock diving and the instructor thought we said "Fenders" for his name. It stuck. LOL
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:13 am

Kona's official nickname in our house is Ate Chechela (Ah-TAY Chey-chey-la) <Lakota, "Little Father" (OK, "Father that is little") from the wonderful litter he sired for us.

We also call him "Friend" as that is what his name means in English.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com