Ramble Away...

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
ASaroka
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Ramble Away...

Post by ASaroka » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:43 am

250 check outs today and 240 check ins. Work is going to be super busy at the end of my shift and the beginning of the next.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:36 pm

What do you do?
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:58 pm

Sounds like kennel work...I know what thats like. Lol. It can be smooth or chaotic depending on everything is run. ^^'

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:10 pm

Oh man I do NOT miss my days at kennels. We worked alone with 17 dogs and up to 15 cats at a time. sooo stressful when we were fully booked.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Katlin wrote:Oh man I do NOT miss my days at kennels. We worked alone with 17 dogs and up to 15 cats at a time. sooo stressful when we were fully booked.
Thats it? I was assigned 25 cat kennels and 50 dog kennels when were fully booked. If anyone called in sick, which always happens, I get another 25 dog kennels. Now, mind you, that doesnt necessarily equate to 1 animal per kennel...it could be up to 3 per kennel. Small dogs, we allow up to 4 per kennel. Plus activities, meds, vaccines, baths...omg. it was torture!

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:48 pm

17 dogs, 2 dogs per walk, lots of them were dog aggressive and on meds. So about 11 20 minute walks per day, plus 11 10 minute walks per evening (2 sets of walks per shift). Then feeding. We only accepted animals on meds, most cats were on 1-2 meds and most dogs were on 3-7 meds per. playtimes 1-2 dog per 30 minutes per playtime. So yeah, we got less than 50 dogs, but they were a TON of work. For only one person I earned my money hahah.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Wow. Sound like lots of work for the amt of meds involved. Lol. Not all the animals needed meds, so that helped. We had indoor/outdoor dog kennels so any dog who didnt go in their kennel would be walked to the grass. Two 30min playtimes a day, some got indivual 15min playtimes. Cleaning kennels, writing report cards, laundry running dogs back and forth and all over the place. Yea..more than enough work. Lol. Sometimes, we had to board the city police dogs...PITA.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:14 am

Oh yeah we had lots of kennels to clean. And because a lot of them were on meds and old, they couldn't hold it for very long. Absolute nightmare trying to scrub poop off of stucco, I don't recommend it. The only really fun part was taking pictures during playtimes and making a "holiday journal".
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:25 am

Oy...stucco is bad. I dont envy you. Lol. We were lucky to have pvc/metal kennels with plexiglass doors.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:49 am

After I've had a few hate messages from the Blus :roll: I was sent this in an email from a friend who knows what's going on, love it!
anX7yq5_460s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:08 am

*like/stealing* :]

ASaroka
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by ASaroka » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Exceedingly late reply....

I work as the Overnight Guest Service Agent/Auditor for a hotel. I balance the books, flip the business day, as well as all the responsibilities of checking a guest in/out, helping them with questions, etc. It's great because my roommate is home at night with the dogs, and I'm at home during the day with them. :D

With the Garth Brooks Concert this weekend, we've been having literally the whole hotel check in/out every day for it. It was 269 out yesterday, and 258 in. We have 258 due out this morning with business people checking in for the week, so only 75 ins.

We've had an unusually busy "slow season". I usually never see overtime except in the summer. I had two weeks OT beginning of January, and I have OT going into this week as well.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Whooo, have not been on the forum for SO long that I suddenly don't recognize many people (except for the admins and mods) here. :lol:

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:28 pm

A new wind turbine has rose in Paris. This turbine is set to go on trial runs for the months to come and is favoured by a lot of folks including those that opposed the previous versions because of their infamy for injuring and slaughtering many avian species.

The newer turbines resemble trees and are more quiet which makes them a lot more suitable for urban parks. Check them out ;)

http://www.iflscience.com/technology/ne ... ming-paris