Ramble Away...

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Ramble Away...

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:10 am

AZDehlin wrote:Honestly the ANCD is almost exactly what I thought I was getting when I got a Tamaskan.
That's what i have thought every time someone ask's about yarrow... Everything about them is what Lynn described the Tamaskan as which is why i think i had a difficult beginning with Sam's stubbornness... Wasn't expecting it and he is strong willed... I have often wondered, if i got an ANCD next, would it help with SA? Not sure on that tho.

I think they would be a great addition in future lines...
Last edited by Katlin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Got rid of the extra quote tag.

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Well since the ANCD is still a new breed much like the Tamaskan, I can't really say for sure if all of the ANCD live up to Ann's goal temperament-wise. I'll give it some time to develop before getting my own.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:39 pm

BUWAHAHAHA!!!!!
This is so hilarious :lol:

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:33 am

Off topic: My band class is going to the Cantado festival in Edmonton this coming week! :D I'm so excited!

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:46 am

Coolies! Where are you from in Canada? Ed is about 3 hours north of me :)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:16 am

The stupidness of people never ceases to amaze me...

On fb, someone was looking for a "cheap puppy", no regard into every breed different and not all breeds suit some people... No, that didn't matter as long as it was cheap...
I went on to say cheap puppies usually come from back yard breeders and mills. Parents are not health tested or vet checked and neither are the puppies hence been cheap due to no vet costs... she went on to say her sister got a cheap pup off someone who had problems selling them (insert the biggest :roll: ever here) and that puppy is fine.

Some one else chimed in saying he got a dog for £30 about 40 years ago and that dog was the best dog he ever had (because yeah... vets are still as cheap now as they were then right? :roll: ).

Well, she sure proved me wrong with her £40 illegal jack russell x jiu jitsu which is a brindle, pitbull and julias ceaser (I'm having a hard time finding results on Google for Julias Ceaser...)

Someone is even offering advice:
I have research for U hum all pitbulls and PitBull cross are ok
WTF!

I am 100% against BSL but i'm also 100% against putting dogs at unnecessary risk!

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm from Manitoba, so we're taking a looooong bus ride there, leaving on Saturday night :)

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:32 pm

TerriHolt wrote:The stupidness of people never ceases to amaze me...

On fb, someone was looking for a "cheap puppy", no regard into every breed different and not all breeds suit some people... No, that didn't matter as long as it was cheap...
I went on to say cheap puppies usually come from back yard breeders and mills. Parents are not health tested or vet checked and neither are the puppies hence been cheap due to no vet costs... she went on to say her sister got a cheap pup off someone who had problems selling them (insert the biggest :roll: ever here) and that puppy is fine.

Some one else chimed in saying he got a dog for £30 about 40 years ago and that dog was the best dog he ever had (because yeah... vets are still as cheap now as they were then right? :roll: ).

Well, she sure proved me wrong with her £40 illegal jack russell x jiu jitsu which is a brindle, pitbull and julias ceaser (I'm having a hard time finding results on Google for Julias Ceaser...)

Someone is even offering advice:
I have research for U hum all pitbulls and PitBull cross are ok
WTF!

I am 100% against BSL but i'm also 100% against putting dogs at unnecessary risk!
The planet is full of idiots, some are so dumb that arguing with them won't make a difference.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Oh i have given up arguing because apparently buying 'cheap' off back yard breeders is acceptable and my advice about every dog been different and not for everyone is considered 'having a go at the poor girl' :roll: .

I've never heard of the breeds the dog is apparently crossed with and I hope for the dogs sake it looks more like a JRT than pitbull.

I can't find much on Google but someone who owns pitbulls told me that there are 2 types.
1) The pitbull is bred by genuine people with a love and passion for the breed as well as trying to give the breed a good rep.
2) Then there is a jiu jitsu which is known as a jiu jitsu fighting dog... Basically a pitbull chose for it's ability to fight and aggressive nature. Any dog with a good temperament is not bred from. (he went on to tell me how they go about this which disturbed be a bit so i'll leave that bit off).

Now i can't find any of this on Google so i don't know if he knows what he is talking about or just claims to, nor can i find a breed known as a Julias Ceaser. I did find out the man him self liked the mastiff tho and that crossed with a dog bred to fight is worrying. I know dogs are not born fighters but generations of breeding dogs with bad temperaments can't possibly give them a good start in life.

There are a lot of aggressive dogs living where i live, i'd hate there to be more :( I hope she puts more effort into her research in dog training than finding a breed to suit her and her life...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by balto13 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:38 pm

the most unfortunate thing is most people cannot identify an actual pit bull because it is an incredibly widely used term for dogs such as; staffordshire terrier, bull terrier, inu tosa, dogo argentino (ect). I think the two different varieties are mainly those who wish to further the breed, and backyard breeders (I have never heard of jui jitsu fighting type pit bulls).

I personally love this test (can you pick the pit bull?) http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

even the CDC (when reporting attacks) only use the word "pit bull type" so I don't think any BSL laws against Pit Bulls (any breed really) could ever be fair until professionals who know how to recognize a breed are hired to say what breed a dog really is (sorry for the poor highlighting job, I am new to the screen shot/editing thing. lol)

" It does not identify specific breeds that are most likely to bite or kill, and thus is not appropriate for policy-making decisions related to the topic." - quote from website posted under the table (which is old and I wish the CDC would make a new one)

and, now to get off my soap box :D I adore pit bulls, and pit bull types and there is so much to the breeds history people don't know - I could talk about them for days.
EX: they were originally bred for herding cattle and helping pull carts, hence the strong broad chest and the pain tolerance, then people noticed how tenacious they were and exploited them for fighting - kind of like roosters. That was pretty far back though.... sorry... did it again :oops: :)

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:27 pm

balto13 wrote:I personally love this test (can you pick the pit bull?) http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html
Yes, yes i can :D . I also got it first go on the other one too but i think with the dogs used it's kinda obvious...

Here in the uk, they have found breeders are intentionally breeding aggressive dogs to sell them [on the black market] for higher prices than the family friendly counter parts... The rarer the breed (banned) the higher the price. I can't find where i found it now, been looking all morning...

I also love pitbulls from what i've heard owners say about them... I was 6 when they became hugely discriminated against and it's a sad thought never meeting one...

An even sadder thought, there is a bigger public call to have staffies a banned breed (but there would also be an riot from staffie owners), the media likens them to pitbulls and has in some cases called them the new pitbull. If a yorkie kills a baby, we will never hear about it... If a staffie even nips a child we hear about it for weeks :roll: It's al down tot he media how people view things.

A 14 yr old girl got mauled to death by 4 dogs Bull mastiff, two Staffordshire bull terriers and an American bulldog. <-- This really got people going
They were called 'out of control' dogs but it doesn't say why she was alone in the house eating a meat pie...
Police had to use riot shields when they stormed the house in Atherton, Wigan, to prevent the dogs escaping, before marksmen killed the snarling animals.
I'm pretty sure my dog would be deemed 'out of control' through sheer panic at the sight of police in full riot gear with huge body length shields busting through the door... I bet they were terrified...

But that fact as well as the girl was alone in the house eating food makes it the dogs fault.

The words the media use are what are turning people against breeds and making them fear the breeds... snarling animals? I very much doubt it, more like terrified...

I have seriously got off the subject at hand here :oops: :lol: Soap box mode having spent all morning 'educating' an idiot on yahoo...

I messaged the person with the... ummm, whatever it is cross breed and asked if she saw the parents. She said she didn't but she saw litter mates, the mum was staying with a friend. People wasn't coming for the other pups till the week after [when they are 8 weeks], she couldn't wait for hers...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:30 am

Here's my attempt to hijack this thread to change to subject to something more heartwarming: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -city.html :D

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:33 am

arianwenarie wrote:Here's my attempt to hijack this thread to change to subject to something more heartwarming: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -city.html :D
A fun article :)

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 am

Awww, "And sometimes they fall asleep and get off at the wrong stop." Don't worry puppies i've done the same thing on the train :D

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:47 pm

#16 is the American Pitbull Terrier. It was SO obvious!

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by balto13 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:23 am

that's the thing, it's not always going to be SO obvious, hence why there are a lot of dogs who are wrongfully euthanized and it contributes to the breeds rep. Many animal control officers cannot tell an American Pit Bull Terrier from other dogs who look like them ... sad :(

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:21 pm

balto13 wrote:that's the thing, it's not always going to be SO obvious, hence why there are a lot of dogs who are wrongfully euthanized and it contributes to the breeds rep. Many animal control officers cannot tell an American Pit Bull Terrier from other dogs who look like them ... sad :(
Here in the uk, they don't care what the dog is, only what it looks like
The Kennel Club wrote: Q. Surely there is a DNA test that can be used <--- Side note, i thought so too (the one that indicated breeds used)... Or is it inaccurate?
A. Not at present. In any event, the legal test is predominantly on the basis of physical conformation so it isn’t just about the breeding but is about what the dog looks like.
That is the saddest bit of all... For the most part they go on looks... In the human world it's called discrimination.

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:34 am

As with the case with Lennox. The law really sucks.
Just as they discriminate against dogs that to them looks like a pitbull (I can tell the difference having met the real thing but I wish many others can too), there are also those places that discriminate against dogs falsely thought to be wolfdogs when in many cases actually are not.

Karen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Karen » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:05 am

In the NL we had a pittbull law for years, but not anymore :)

But what was a pitbull? Just everything that looked like any bull kind of dog and didnt have any official pedigree papers. So, Am. Bulldog, bullterrier, Stafford ( Eng or Am) etc.
Yes, it sounds discriminating, but it is also very clear. The owners KNOW what they are getting into when they buy any kind of bulldog lookalike that didnt have papers.
As much as I hated the law, I could always get angry with the owners who knowingly got such dogs and then got angry with the system that confiscated the dog. They were the ones that took the risk!

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by balto13 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Karen wrote:In the NL we had a pittbull law for years, but not anymore :)
yay, I am so glad to hear that :D
Karen wrote:But what was a pitbull? Just everything that looked like any bull kind of dog and didnt have any official pedigree papers. So, Am. Bulldog, bullterrier, Stafford ( Eng or Am) etc.
Yes, it sounds discriminating, but it is also very clear. The owners KNOW what they are getting into when they buy any kind of bulldog lookalike that didnt have papers.
As much as I hated the law, I could always get angry with the owners who knowingly got such dogs and then got angry with the system that confiscated the dog. They were the ones that took the risk!
I totally hear ya, but I guess its hard to turn down a dog that you have fallen in love with, and know that it has a better chance of not getting euthanized in your care than it does at the shelter... talk about being between rock and a hard place :?

Karen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Karen » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:40 pm

The pups are only produced by backyard breeders and puppymills because people buy them... No matter how hard it is: Dont buy them!

I hated the law...dont get me wrong. But people blame others for their mistakes. By buying those pups, they keep the system alive.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:47 am

But then what do we do about the people who ALREADY have bought those dogs? I understand where you're coming from and I'd never encourage promoting a puppymiller either. I'd rather see them go out of business. However, there are people who were conned and legitimately did not know what they were getting when they got their dogs only to end up with a mutt (one that LOOKS like a pitbull) that has temperament issues and so on BECAUSE it was from a puppy miller/backyard breeder. We can't just go up to them and say "you're living in fear of the dog being taken away? You deserved it!" especially if it is being raised by a good owner who is devoting time and efforts like any family member!

I can only hope that the law here in Ontario changes in the future so that those few pit bulls and their mixes can walk the streets freely again. It's stupid how the law just simply labelled "dangerous breeds" out of ignorance!

darazan
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by darazan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:28 am

There are plenty of breeds that are getting put on a "dangerous breed" list or vilified, and it usually has to do with how SOME people train their dogs. Pitbulls are loving family dogs that just want to make you happy, no matter how. They can be horrifically abused and still be happy to see you at the end of the day. Even most fighting dogs can be rehomed after rehabilitation, but so many people automatically seal their fate simply due to how the dog looks and assume it's an aggressive and monstrous animal. Pitbull's aren't the only ones facing this kind of treatment, though. German Shepherds, Huskies, and Chow Chows are also getting treated with the same lack of respect. Many apartments won't allow these breeds (along with the pitbull) due to their "aggressive nature." I call BS here, dogs are not fundamentally aggressive. You have to train them to be that way. Even German Shepherds used as police dogs are not aggressive, though they do have that training for the job that they perform, and as such cannot be as easily rehomed as a pet after retirement due to the extra handling requirements.
-Crystal

Karen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Karen » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:37 am

Tiantai wrote:But then what do we do about the people who ALREADY have bought those dogs?
They had to be spayed/neutered and muzzled in public. And always an the leash. At least that was the rule here.
Pretty transparent.

The law got overturned in 2008

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by balto13 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:22 am

Karen wrote:The pups are only produced by backyard breeders and puppymills because people buy them... No matter how hard it is: Dont buy them!

I hated the law...dont get me wrong. But people blame others for their mistakes. By buying those pups, they keep the system alive.
I was talking about pit bull type dogs already in the humane society, not puppies in mills. Sorry for the confusion - but yes, backyard breeders & puppy mills have done some serious harm to the breeds rep and over all health

Karen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Karen » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:28 am

balto13 wrote:
Karen wrote:The pups are only produced by backyard breeders and puppymills because people buy them... No matter how hard it is: Dont buy them!

I was talking about pit bull type dogs already in the humane society, not puppies in mills. Sorry for the confusion - but yes, backyard breeders & puppy mills have done some serious harm to the breeds rep and over all health
Dogs that ended up in shelters ( like you have humane society) were "judged" by a committee on character and appearance. Depending on that committee they were spayed/neutered and up for adoption or euthanized.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:15 pm

darazan wrote:There are plenty of breeds that are getting put on a "dangerous breed" list or vilified, and it usually has to do with how SOME people train their dogs. Pitbulls are loving family dogs that just want to make you happy, no matter how. They can be horrifically abused and still be happy to see you at the end of the day. Even most fighting dogs can be rehomed after rehabilitation, but so many people automatically seal their fate simply due to how the dog looks and assume it's an aggressive and monstrous animal. Pitbull's aren't the only ones facing this kind of treatment, though. German Shepherds, Huskies, and Chow Chows are also getting treated with the same lack of respect. Many apartments won't allow these breeds (along with the pitbull) due to their "aggressive nature." I call BS here, dogs are not fundamentally aggressive. You have to train them to be that way. Even German Shepherds used as police dogs are not aggressive, though they do have that training for the job that they perform, and as such cannot be as easily rehomed as a pet after retirement due to the extra handling requirements.
I agree, even a Labrador or Golden Retriever can be dangerous if treated poorly or trained to attacked. ANY dog can be dangerous, and yet it's these large breeds that get blamed. I often draw comparison on how so many assholes out there would let a chihuahua launch its carnassial at a passing person and just laugh it off while the larger breeds would be punished for doing the same thing. It shouldn't be about breeds but about the PEOPLE raising the dogs!

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:57 am

Sorry folks, here's where I (yet again) derail the thread with something cute: http://www.snotr.com/video/9252/The_Mos ... Thing_Ever

Poor dog gave 5 exaggerated yawns through the video...and you can see his "Joan Rivers" face too! He/She is suuuuper stressed out. lol. But Tam owners: would y'all rather have your dog like this or swim in drool? :P

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:54 am

Too cute :) Kind of a hard choice for me, don't want my pup feeling sick, but don't want them feeling stressed out either. Zelda has strong paws and will use them often to tell me something, might not be too fun if she did this since I drive a stick-shift :P

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:55 pm

:lol: Love it!

It looks almost as if the dog is saying "why didn't you fasten my seatbelt?"

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Awww, how cute... I'd just settle for sam getting in the car :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:20 am

Ok, it is now official. I have the worlds most awkward dog!

He will eat any meat off the bone, pork ribs and lamb ribs defrosted... Chicken legs and lamb legs have to be frozen.

As most people know I ordered from DAF [Durham Animal Feed] (turns out it's enough to last 6 months, over ordered), mostly minced chicken, beef and a couple of assorted's, tripe&chicken and some fishy stuff...

The first one went down really well, the 2nd not too good and since then has just spent most of his time picking bits out and piling it up next to his bowl. I thought he would eat it if he was hungry but noooo! Se spent yesterday vomiting bile... So i was kinda worried i had 6 month of food and no dog to eat it... Also a dog to feed and no money to feed him with since his monthly allowance went on this.

Out of curiosity I gave him a frozen one and he ate it :roll:

This it's self wouldn't be a problem but anything frozen or solid he won't eat unless he is in the livingroom... carpeted livingroom i might add (kitchen = easy clean, living room.. not so much)... and if he eats it too slow, this stuff bleeds A LOT. So now i'm hoping he will continue to eat fast enough until i can buy a huge plastic sheet for him to eat on (and knowing him he will eat anywhere but the plastic sheet :roll: ).

I have honestly never had such a difficult to feed dog! I mean, how is chicken off the bone different to on the bone? It can't be the bone because he eats ribs :?

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Ryphen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Ryphen » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Kumho likes to run off with certain things and eat them in the living room too. The carpet in there is crap, so I don't care all that much about it, but if I throw a towel down in his favorite spot, he's content to eat on the towel. The fish and pork bones he's especially apt to carry off for whatever reason.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Ryphen wrote:Kumho likes to run off with certain things and eat them in the living room too. The carpet in there is crap, so I don't care all that much about it, but if I throw a towel down in his favorite spot, he's content to eat on the towel. The fish and pork bones he's especially apt to carry off for whatever reason.
:lol: Good to know others prefer to eat in comfort too...
It's not the carpet that bothers me (in fact i really hate the carpet, it's previous owner was an old lady), it's more the fact the kids play on it too and i have yet to invest in a carpet cleaner (going through gallons of disinfectant spraying the carpet after he had chicken)... I've just found an old bed sheet and keeping fingers crossed blood doesn't soak through :D .
I'm hoping to get wood floor down after i (if i ever) get my kitchen finished... Easier and less germ-y :lol: ...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:22 am

Can u cut up a large garbage bag so that it lays flat on your carpet and then cover that with a old towel? Maybe that's a temp solution until u figure out soemthing else...or rather, until Sam finds a new spot to have his meals. lol.

------
Ranty Rant: I waited all day and finally got my shipment of dog food only to find that the bag is damaged. There's NO way I'm feeding this to Abby...I'm paranoid about airborne bacteria/germs contaminating the food. Thankfully, the company I ordered from are awesomesauce and they're shipping me a replacement bag free of charge (and expedited!!!). I asked if they want me to return the damaged bag, but they told me to just throw it away. Well, I'm just going to donate it to a dog food bank since it's not a big rip - about 1/8" near where the top of the bag folds.

I'm glad I didn't wait until last minute to order this food...still have about a week's worth of kibble left. YAY! :P

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri May 03, 2013 1:28 am

Boooo....the online retailer that I usually get my dog food shipped from won't be carrying Orijen/Acana anymore since Champion Pet Foods is limiting their distribution to select online retailers and pet specialty stores. :( I guess I'll have to pay more at my local store. Ugh. At the store, I pay about $75/bag. Online retail store, I pay about $69 + free 2 day shipping.

On a brighter note, I have about $700 in my puppy fund jar as of last month!! Whoo hoo! :D I wonder how much I'll have in there 2 years from now. lol.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed May 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Sam growled at me, sounded like he meant it too :(

Sometimes when i give him breakfast he doesn't eat it and, because he will only eat it frozen i usually put it back in the freezer.
Well... today he didn't eat it and when i went to pick it up to put it back in the freezer he stood up really fast with his ears back, picked it up and growled at me (no teeth baring tho).
He has never given so much as a rumble before (except during playing tug etc) so it was quite shocking and upsetting. He has grown up with me and the kids stroking him while he is eating and i have always removed food and given it back with a "good boy" as well as occasionally hand feeding to avoid this...
I'm kinda hoping he is feeling under the weather (nothing serious, just grumpy enough to explain the grumble) and it's not yet another changer in behavior (under the weather sounds plausible since he was ok yesterday and grumpy today).

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu May 16, 2013 4:39 pm

A combination of oggling Tam puppy pictures and wild baby bunnies in my sister's backyard, I stayed awake until 2am last night thinking of possible litter theme names. I came up with 3 themes and plenty of names. LOL.

I need to work on the case study tonight instead of brainstorming names....Oh, and possibly organizing the house - still have moving boxes everywhere 1 month after the move. XD

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sun May 19, 2013 4:22 am

Abby grumbles whenever she asks for affection from me and I want her to move her head closer to me - that's because the silly girl always stays about an inch or so away from my reach (of smothering her). Or, I want her head on my lap - she refuses to put her head on my lap unless I demand it. In a way, she's respecting my space, but when I want to squish her, I need her close enough to me to be squished. lol.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun May 19, 2013 4:50 am

I could use some good cuddles right now, so upset, but I'm not allowed to say on Facebook because my boss's are always lurking and no matter what I say or do, I'm in the wrong.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sun May 19, 2013 4:54 am

HiTenshi16 wrote:I could use some good cuddles right now, so upset, but I'm not allowed to say on Facebook because my boss's are always lurking and no matter what I say or do, I'm in the wrong.
/offers a virtual hug

Go cuddle your fur babies. They always seem to know how to make things go away...even if it's temporary. ;)

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun May 19, 2013 5:00 am

/received virtual hug

<(TnT<)

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Wed May 29, 2013 6:22 am

The thought of vacuuming a spider to kill it is both genius and creepy (to me). I did just that earlier...with a spider the size of my thumb. It was orange-ish and legs were brownish-black. Either way, suuuuuuuuper creepy; I literally cringed and shuddered when the vacuum sucked it up. EW EW EW. D: Though, that's probably the better alternative than spraying spider killer chemicals in my bathroom floor. Not too crazy about using diatomaceous earth around the house either - I'm afraid I'm going to accidentally inhale the stuff and I already have sensitive lungs. lol.

I googled natural insect/spider repellent and found a couple good ones that involve lemon oil, water and rubbing alcohol. woot! I can spray inside and outside the house with that stuff AND make the house smell good (and not like dog). :D

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Wed May 29, 2013 1:06 pm

I am the one in my house who gets rid of the bugs (except crickets and bees...not a chance!) and I used to grab a cat and poke the spider until the cat saw it and the hunt began. Worked great with moths! Now, since my kitty lives with the parents, I use a quick spirtz of 100% vinegar. I used to vacuum them up too but when I told my roomate I hoped it didn't come back up through the hose and eat him (lol he does NOT like spiders) he was a bit annoyed (to say the least) and I'm not allowed to do that anymore :lol: :oops:
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Yep. I'm afraid of the spider crawling back out of the vacuum too... :?

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:56 pm

My backyard is crawling with spiders right now :s and ant hills are popping up.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed May 29, 2013 8:42 pm

I'm an odd person who hates all insects to the point of feeling the need to vomit when looking at them, even in pictures... But, I can't kill them either. Killing them gives me a bigger need to vomit :oops: .

I once sprayed a fly with fly spray and over a period of time it's flying began to falter. The next time i see it, it is buzzing on the windowsill, going round in circles. I couldn't help but imagine the suffering it must have gone through slowly dying :oops: :oops: (squishing them is a quicker death but doesn't ease the guilt or stomach churning nausea :oops: ).

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

wolfwoman
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by wolfwoman » Thu May 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Today my new camera "Canon PowerShot SX50 HS" received
in advance for my birthday next Monday.
I need to try out much, these are the first pictures in Auto mode.

For more look here;
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 190d77b271

http://www.vantaelsesluske.nl __ greetings Stefanie

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri May 31, 2013 8:43 pm

So I have been on a jobhunt for a while and have been seeing some employment agencies in my area. Somehow after I sent a resume to AppleOne Canada and wind up with options for ACCOUNTING positions which is NOT what I am currently majoring in!

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:37 am

Wylie and I are going to start training with a proper harness for longboarding so we ordered our first x-back harness from a supplier that sells Manmat - about 3 hours away! I'm super excited to see it :)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters