Ramble Away...

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Ramble Away...

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:59 am

Quite honestly, I'm not sure...I just finished writing to the HOA property manager and attached the pictures. I've requested that either an exterminator or other professional take care of this issue once and for all and I've also noted that I am quite upset over this.

There is also a large (slightly destroyed) mound that's right by the doorway - maybe that's the nest? If the HOA doesn't take care of this, then I'm poking some holes into that and pouring liquid ant killer down those holes. If that doesn't fix it, I'm going to keep complaining to the HOA and I will NOT comply with the so-called violations (read: outdoor rug fiasco, damned patio screen door & garden weeds) until that's rectified.

EDIT:

OK, so that powdered sugar looking stuff was probably baking soda. Google is awesome. Apparently, I can kill a fire ant nest by smothering it with baking soda (poke holes in the mound and sprinkle some inside too) and the let some STRONG vinegar wreak havoc by liberally pouring it over the baking soda dusted mound. Next, watch it burn. I love science. I shall sprinkle some baking soda around my front and back door steps tomorrow....after I go procure some from HEB. :)

I can test out this concoction of doom in my sister's backyard too where two large mounds are active..Abby, the fool, has almost stepped in them too many times to my liking last week. So much for buying chemicals when you can rely on a simple chemical reaction. :lol: :twisted:

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:08 am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/chelseamarshall ... umn-leaves

If my dog were like the one in #19, I'd gladly rake up all the leaves like that any day.... lol.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:42 am

Wish we had trees in our yard, I'm sure if we had piles to rake up, Zelda would be the one to jump in them.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:15 pm

I have had a call from my grandma this morning, and my granddad isn't too good lately. I'm not sure who I have told, things seem to merge into one lately :oops: ...

I'm not sure how long he has left and I have been wrecking my brains trying to think of how to tell my boy. He doesn't have the normal mental understanding of a 7 yr old boy and I can't think of how to make him understand... I'm not sure if I can stay strong enough to help him through it or even explain to him for that matter. I have never lost anyone close to me before and I'm worried i'm going to fail him and make things worse or harder for him...

I'm not looking for advice because I'm not sure if it would help anyway... Rant, vent... idk what i'm looking for really. I guess having no one to talk to helps...

Anyone ever have that feeling that when something happens it must be a dream? Or you hope it is...

I could be worrying prematurely, my granddad has been hanging on a few years so far (he wanted to at least wait till march this year for his wedding anniversary, he's never remembered that the whole time he's been married to my grandma :lol: )...

Well, best go see if I can emotionally black mail him into eating and get the kids to smile nicely...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Terri,

I know not whether you believe in something beyond humanity, (nor is it my business) I offer prayer and sympathy, and hope that whatever Fate has in store, you can bear it, for in dealing with difficulty we offer our children lessons that will shape their lives. Even when we don't know it, we do. May you find the strength and grace to do what must be done as best you can - and that is all anyone can ask.

May Peace be with you,

Mark
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:27 pm

I feel that Terri, may the world soften this suffer for your granddad during his last days here.
Remember, all sufferings are temporary in this earthly realm. And regardless of your belief, I wish you the best of what blessings can offer in the form of sympathy

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:13 pm

So I've recently started playing(and become addicted to) Red Dead Redemption. Last night I got to the part were you enter Mexico and the song plays. It was so beautiful I almost cried! I have never been so moved by anything in a video game before. It was amazing. For those of you that haven't played RDR, here is a vid of what I'm talking about.

"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by chelle784 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:54 pm

I played red dead redemption when it came out but got too frustrated with it to finish!

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:12 am

chelle784 wrote:I played red dead redemption when it came out but got too frustrated with it to finish!
Yeah it can be frustrating at times(…stupid mountain lions killing my horse DX…) but I just love it! I played til 2am last night :oops:
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:43 pm

I wonder how many Canadians are upset seeing that an article has been published with the context mapped out in a way as if trying to humiliate well-known Canadian environmentalist and geneticist David Suzuki Takayoshi. I'm confident that there is a LOT more that is being left out.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/27/do ... tralian-tv

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:50 pm

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/ph ... =3&theater

if people could vote for balto by liking his photo i would appreciate it. thanks :)
Image Image

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Haha oh no! I came downstairs to the freezer to get Wylie's food out and noticed a whole load of meat was sitting in the open. About $150 of meat was in one of the baskets we normally keep in the freezer. My roommate forgot to put it back after getting Sam's food out and it all was out for just over a day! Whoops! The bottom chicken breast was still cool on the outside and cold on the inside so Wylie got to eat that but the rest is history, :roll: :oops: :lol:
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:28 am

It's a box... Image but what's in it?

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:15 am

The kissing doggie figurines are so cute! Looks like Abby wants to be in the picture too :)

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:46 am

HiTenshi16 wrote:The kissing doggie figurines are so cute! Looks like Abby wants to be in the picture too :)
They're my salt & pepper shakers. 8-)

wolfwoman
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by wolfwoman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:48 pm

So now it's time for coffee! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.vantaelsesluske.nl __ greetings Stefanie

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:50 am

Suddenly I don't think I wanna drink latte with whip cream on top anymore :lol:

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:52 am

Tiantai wrote:Suddenly I don't think I wanna drink latte with whip cream on top anymore :lol:
But that's just milk foam...not whip cream. :lol: Personally, I've never understood (nor liked) whipped cream on my coffee...I don't eat/drink the stuff when it's on coffee. Heck, I even ask for no foam if I can. XD Probably a texture thing that I have a problem with... :p

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Even while I am depressed and sick, I love how my two will curl up next to me and stay in bed all day with me <3 They have not even tried to play together today, or ask to go outside.
At least I'm off for the weekend and don't have to worry about work. Though I had today requested off so I could join DOGSDFW in an event today :(

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Current Mood: Upset, depressed and pissed off.

I'm hoping Ulric's care package is just sitting on Jo's front porch somewhere and the FedEx guy stashed it somewhere where no one would freakin' think to look...and not stolen off her front porch. Should have requested signature for delivery.... /sigh

I swear there's nothing of monetary value in there...it's just a package filled with LOVE. <3

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:17 am

Hoping it shows up, also upset about it, and making me hate my neighbors even more.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:53 am

Can you file a report or complaint with FedEx?
If it is your neighbors, you should go to an expensive company (for instance: Apple, etc) and ask if they have a spare box for a brand-new computer (or TV, etc) and fill the box with hornets... then leave it on your doorstep for your neighbors to steal it. ;)
Have you thought about getting security cameras installed?
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:42 pm

My husband is now looking up security cameras, hopefully a small one to put in our mailbox, and another overlooking out front porch. He is also already looking for something cheap to buy and have delivered to us, so we can hopefully see them do it again.
I'm still upset about it, knowing how much effort and love she put into putting it all together :(

I'm still tempted at the idea of letting one of the dogs' leashes "slip" out of my hand when their chickens have wondered into my yard. But I don't want to turn them into killers, even though they would not kill them on purpose, although Rukia might.
*sigh* I can't say enough how much I hate my next door neighbors.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Keep eye out on their trash over the next few days... chances are they will throw out the box, and then you'll have evidence that it was them who stole / opened the package. It is a federal offence to open / steal someone else's mail... but perfectly legal to dig through another person's trash... If you find anything, you can then contact the police and file a report about it. ;)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Sylvaen wrote:Can you file a report or complaint with FedEx?
If it is your neighbors, you should go to an expensive company (for instance: Apple, etc) and ask if they have a spare box for a brand-new computer (or TV, etc) and fill the box with hornets... then leave it on your doorstep for your neighbors to steal it. ;)
Have you thought about getting security cameras installed?
I called FedEx yesterday evening when I got home from work. They said that since their driver delivered the package and no signature required, there's nothing they can do. They did advise me to request direct signature service the next time I shipped a package...no shet. Will def do that next time. /sigh
Sylvaen wrote:Keep eye out on their trash over the next few days... chances are they will throw out the box, and then you'll have evidence that it was them who stole / opened the package. It is a federal offence to open / steal someone else's mail... but perfectly legal to dig through another person's trash... If you find anything, you can then contact the police and file a report about it. ;)
I reluctantly sent Jo a picture of the contents since it was supposed to be a surprise (sort of) - so glad I took a pic before I packed everything. lol.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:32 pm

If only Jo and Larry had a security camera. *sign

Perhaps in the future they should install a hidden camera so that IF this ever happens, we will ALL know who committed the crime and have the police charge them for trespassing and robbing on another person's property! In the mean time, if I see anything suspicious on twitter or any social networking site, like a person's profile of them located in Texas and near your area, Jo, and them bragging about taking something from someone's mail box, I'll take a screenshot and show it to you so that you can forward it to the police.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Well, since I didn't ship it by USPS, I don't think it would be considered a criminal offense as shipping carriers like FedEx, UPS and DHL aren't regulated by the federal government. :P

I'm still hoping it'll show up, but not by much. /sigh

What's the difference between a hidden camera and a regular security camera? lol. Lucas, this is just my personal opinion and not meant to be offending: Please let Jo handle this herself; any third parties getting involved will just be messy even if it's with good intentions. I've tried everything I could from my end at this point, so unfortunately, there's nothing more that I can do. :|

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Lucas, I'm pretty sure they're not stupid enough to be bragging on any social sites, if they even do get on any. Even if they did, it would be in Spanish since they speak very little English.
Right now I'm just thinking about putting a fence around the front of the house, make things a little more difficult for them, though unfortunately I will only be allowed a short fence (3 feet). Also thinking of putting hedges along the fence, just need to find something that grows fast and thick in this Texas clay soil.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:14 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:Lucas, I'm pretty sure they're not stupid enough to be bragging on any social sites, if they even do get on any. Even if they did, it would be in Spanish since they speak very little English.
Right now I'm just thinking about putting a fence around the front of the house, make things a little more difficult for them, though unfortunately I will only be allowed a short fence (3 feet). Also thinking of putting hedges along the fence, just need to find something that grows fast and thick in this Texas clay soil.
Plant some holly bushes: http://sp.ask.com/cms/articles/pronto/m ... on_L_0.jpg

These suckers hurt like heck when you accidentally brush past them. A friend of mine had one these at her house and she snuck out when she was a teenager in the middle of the night from the 2nd floor - landed on one. Ouch is all I can say. lol. It's like a ton of paper cuts all over your arms. Not fun...apparently, dogs with thicker fur don't mind them. o_O

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:45 am

YAY! Ulric's care package mysteriously showed up on Jo's driveway tonight. SUPER HAPPY! :D

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Wait, why are you only allowed to have it at 3 feet?

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Tiantai wrote:Wait, why are you only allowed to have it at 3 feet?
For fence height and materials, I'd think it's regulated by the city. I don't know of any houses in Texas that allows for 6ft fencing in their front yard. :lol:

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:33 pm

arianwenarie wrote:
Tiantai wrote:Wait, why are you only allowed to have it at 3 feet?
For fence height and materials, I'd think it's regulated by the city. I don't know of any houses in Texas that allows for 6ft fencing in their front yard. :lol:
We live in a subdivision area and they need the fence low enough for firemen to get through in case of any emergency, which was what was explained to me as why. It also has to be I think 10ft from the street, no biggie since we live on 1 acre.

Definitely love the holly bushes idea :twisted:

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Oh goddam, come up to Ontario where you're allow to have a fence as tall as 11 ft.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:54 pm

Tiantai wrote:Oh goddam, come up to Ontario where you're allow to have a fence as tall as 11 ft.
Remember, this is for the front yard, not the back.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:40 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:
Tiantai wrote:Oh goddam, come up to Ontario where you're allow to have a fence as tall as 11 ft.
Remember, this is for the front yard, not the back.
To clarify, in my province you are allowed to have an 11 ft tall fence on BOTH your front AND back and side yards too . Sorry for not being clear.

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:08 pm

I meet a lovely greyhound at the pet store today. Very sweet old guy. Made me want to adopt a greyhound. :D

Korinne
コリン

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Valravn wrote:I meet a lovely greyhound at the pet store today. Very sweet old guy. Made me want to adopt a greyhound. :D
I think there a several rescue organizations in the US that re-home retired greyhounds. :) I like Italian Greyhounds, but of all the ones I've met, they're rather skittish. (Plus, I like medium or large dogs. ;) )

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:55 pm

I get to meet quite a few rescued Greyhounds, all the ones I met have been so sweet and affectionate, very chill too.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:39 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:I get to meet quite a few rescued Greyhounds, all the ones I met have been so sweet and affectionate, very chill too.
I believe that breed exists in the ANCD's background too. They're said to be the faster dogs but I don't recommend subjecting them to a racing competitions. There's big controversy on this actually.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:37 am

My neighbour has racing whippets and they are treated like gold, it's ridiculous hahaha. I love greyhounds, they are such friendly dogs and I think it's adorable how they "hit" you with their legs when they want pets. I'd never own one because it's MUCH too cold here, but I know several people who have 2-3 of them.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:16 am

Katlin wrote:My neighbour has racing whippets and they are treated like gold, it's ridiculous hahaha. I love greyhounds, they are such friendly dogs and I think it's adorable how they "hit" you with their legs when they want pets. I'd never own one because it's MUCH too cold here, but I know several people who have 2-3 of them.
I heard that some people had mixed Greyhounds into the Alaskan Husky crossbreeds at one point to increase their ability to trot faster while keeping the sled-pulling and working instinct of the arctic breeds in these mutts.

iamnic
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by iamnic » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:55 pm

Has anyone been asked if their Tam is mixed with greyhound? I get asked if Kona has greyhound in her quite often. Oddly enough, Naima never gets it.

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:12 pm

iamnic wrote:Has anyone been asked if their Tam is mixed with greyhound? I get asked if Kona has greyhound in her quite often. Oddly enough, Naima never gets it.
Maybe because of how leggy they are? But no, never greyhound for us anyway.
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Karen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Karen » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Tiantai wrote:
Katlin wrote:My neighbour has racing whippets and they are treated like gold, it's ridiculous hahaha. I love greyhounds, they are such friendly dogs and I think it's adorable how they "hit" you with their legs when they want pets. I'd never own one because it's MUCH too cold here, but I know several people who have 2-3 of them.
I heard that some people had mixed Greyhounds into the Alaskan Husky crossbreeds at one point to increase their ability to trot faster while keeping the sled-pulling and working instinct of the arctic breeds in these mutts.
I dont recommend you telling alaskan husky owners and breeders that their dogs are mix-breed ;)
Altho not FCI recognized, they are very often well bred and very well documented dogs and bloodlines.

But yes, there are certain bloodlines that have greyhound in them. But they keep it to a max %. They get problems with distance it the percentage comes above a certain level.

chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by chelle784 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:01 am

iamnic wrote:Has anyone been asked if their Tam is mixed with greyhound? I get asked if Kona has greyhound in her quite often. Oddly enough, Naima never gets it.
No but when we get home our tam greets us with her ears back and all excited. We call it her 'greyhound face' because the ears combined with her skinny face make her look like one!

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:58 am

chelle784 wrote:
No but when we get home our tam greets us with her ears back and all excited. We call it her 'greyhound face' because the ears combined with her skinny face make her look like one!
Wylie too!!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:25 am

HOA rant again...

To say I'm exhausted is an understatement. They've sent me another letter (4th one) stating they're fining me $50 for October for failure to remove weeds from my back patio. Hel-lo?! I did that on Oct 10 and Oct 26th. As of now, it's STILL weed free unless you count the TINY ones that are growing in the cracks. Do those weeds that are only about 1/2" big affect anything? HELL NO. I've requested they send me pictures of when the violation was noted so I can provide when it was corrected. I refuse to pay a fine when it was corrected or is utterly unreasonable!

Back patio screen door - ongoing issue since April of this year (when I moved in). I initially requested to change the back door to french doors. Not approved after a month of waiting. They let it go for about 2 months. Another violation letter, so I asked if I could install solar screens. After another few months of them debating, I finally received a letter from them denying the installation of solar screens because the screens must be BLACK and they must be able to see the gridded window panes through the BLACK mesh screens. How the F do you comply with that?!?!??!?!?! So, less than a week after the denial letter, I receive another letter notifying me I am being fined $50 per month until I install a screen door. WTF?! It's not like I'm not trying to comply, it's that every time I try to improve my property, I get denied by the HOA's architectural committee...

So, I am emailing them one more time with various models to see which one is acceptable. Until I receive an answer, I am unable to comply in fear of yet another effin' FINE as a result of installing one that's not "to code". -_- The model that DOES fit and must be purchased from Home Depot is discontinued. I've asked if they'll accept a similar model that fits from Lowes. The other option is to purchase and install one that is too wide (sliding screen door is only supposed to cover half of the width of the entire door system): 36" wide instead of 30" wide. The wider one is available from Home Depot and is cheaper, but it'll look odd after installation as it covers more than half of my door.

I have constantly been receiving violation letters since I moved in in April. If push comes to shove, I may have to request speaking to the board at the next CLOSED meeting privately to see what else they'll throw at me. I just want this all to be over with - what else am I "intentionally" not in compliance with?!?! If it's reasonable, sure. But if not, then STOP HARASSING ME! D: D: D: D:

/end very ranty rant

Ryphen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Ryphen » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm glad I don't live where you live for two reasons. One, I'd be broke from all the fines because it can take me a while to do things. I had weeds growing between the hedges for months before I got rid of them. And two, I'd probably be in jail because I would've strangled one of the board members by now.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:59 pm

Ryphen wrote:I'm glad I don't live where you live for two reasons. One, I'd be broke from all the fines because it can take me a while to do things. I had weeds growing between the hedges for months before I got rid of them. And two, I'd probably be in jail because I would've strangled one of the board members by now.
LOL. Unfortunately, I live by myself (and Abby) and I can't afford a house (nor the upkeep) right now. I can't afford to rent a house either...that's why we went with a townhome. :P I think my neighbor's weeds are seeping into my patio and I don't want to use a strong weed killer since I take Abby to the more private common grounds for her to do her business...don't want her stepping in strong weed killer and licking her paws and all that.

But it doesn't seem like I have a choice; I'll have to walk her around the building (takes about 3 mins or so)...

My HOA isn't utterly unreasonable - the few times I asked for the fire ant mound (that made its way INTO my house, mind you) was taken care of immediately. They also respond to my emails same day. I can't complain about that.

They have not fined me....yet. And they agreed to remove the violation for the weeds since I took care of the issue 3 days after they sent me notification of the fine. However, I'm fighting a losing battle on the screen door...They denied my application, but the same person is telling me the application was approved (it was only approved by the Master HOA; not the Sub, whom I'm fighting at the moment). I also asked them to provide me the exact model number and color of the patio door screen that is acceptable, no compliance from them; just description of what will be in compliance. But they said I must purchase from Home Depot and no where else. Well....HD doesn't have anything that meets their requirements because all those products are discontinued!

If I don't get a satisfactory answer by tomorrow, I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and I will ask to speak to their attorney. No other choice since I have no options in order TO comply. Pfft. @_@

Current mood: still exhausted and frustrated