Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Nino » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:01 am

caninesrock wrote:Oh,wow. The pup looks really different as an adult. Extremely wolfy. What a gorgeous dog! So are they wolfdogs or wolf-look-alike dogs?
They should not content any resent Wolf..
A mix of several breeds chosen for their looks but also their health and their temper/workability
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:34 am

Nino wrote:
caninesrock wrote:Oh,wow. The pup looks really different as an adult. Extremely wolfy. What a gorgeous dog! So are they wolfdogs or wolf-look-alike dogs?
They should not content any resent Wolf..
A mix of several breeds chosen for their looks but also their health and their temper/workability
Ok. Thanks for letting me know. ^^
Another wolf-look-alike breed to add to my wishlist then. :D
Of course I wouldn't mind actual wolfdogs as well though. Blue Bay Shepards for one look like awesome dogs.

User avatar
Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 9:59 pm
Location: BC Canada

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:02 pm

caninesrock wrote:
Nino wrote:
caninesrock wrote:Oh,wow. The pup looks really different as an adult. Extremely wolfy. What a gorgeous dog! So are they wolfdogs or wolf-look-alike dogs?
They should not content any resent Wolf..
A mix of several breeds chosen for their looks but also their health and their temper/workability
Ok. Thanks for letting me know. ^^
Another wolf-look-alike breed to add to my wishlist then. :D
Of course I wouldn't mind actual wolfdogs as well though. Blue Bay Shepards for one look like awesome dogs.
I agree BBS seem really cool. I guess according to some they wouldn't really be considered wolfdogs either though? They are F6...I think most consider anything past F4 to be dogs? At least I have heard that from a few sources.

And I'd totally recommend ANCDs :) I just got my pup a couple weeks ago, he is absolutely lovely!

User avatar
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:40 am

Kootenaywolf wrote: I agree BBS seem really cool. I guess according to some they wouldn't really be considered wolfdogs either though? They are F6...I think most consider anything past F4 to be dogs? At least I have heard that from a few sources.

And I'd totally recommend ANCDs :) I just got my pup a couple weeks ago, he is absolutely lovely!
Oh, I didn't know they were that many generations passed having wolf in them. I think so. I think that I read somewhere that once a wolfdog reaches an F5 generation,that it's really technically not considered a hybrid anymore.

Of course,they aren't techincally hybrids anyway though now that science has reclassified the dog from it's own species into a subspecies of wolf.

Congrats. Would love to see some pics of your new pup. :D

User avatar
Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 am
Location: South Carolina, USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Ciaobella » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:00 am

Katurah

User avatar
Dozer
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: weijerswold

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Dozer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:14 am

Kootenaywolf wrote:
I agree BBS seem really cool. I guess according to some they wouldn't really be considered wolfdogs either though? They are F6...I think most consider anything past F4 to be dogs? At least I have heard that from a few sources.

And I'd totally recommend ANCDs :) I just got my pup a couple weeks ago, he is absolutely lovely!
After f5 they are not considered as hybrids but they still are considered as wolfdogs. With the Bleu Bay shepard that Vicky started and also many american wolfdogs that are over F5 some even over f10 have still al lot of % wolf in them. Better yet a f1 american wolfdog have less wolfblood in them than one of f10 that was breed for high content and still can be a 90%.

User avatar
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:28 am

Ciaobella wrote:^ here's the adorable pup! ;)
http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2858
Thank you for the link. ^^

User avatar
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:32 am

Dozer wrote:
Kootenaywolf wrote:
I agree BBS seem really cool. I guess according to some they wouldn't really be considered wolfdogs either though? They are F6...I think most consider anything past F4 to be dogs? At least I have heard that from a few sources.

And I'd totally recommend ANCDs :) I just got my pup a couple weeks ago, he is absolutely lovely!
After f5 they are not considered as hybrids but they still are considered as wolfdogs. With the Bleu Bay shepard that Vicky started and also many american wolfdogs that are over F5 some even over f10 have still al lot of % wolf in them. Better yet a f1 american wolfdog have less wolfblood in them than one of f10 that was breed for high content and still can be a 90%.
Ummm....That's not true. Hybrids don't work that way. F5 means it's been 5 generations since any pure wolf was added into the mix. The only way a dog can ever have 90% wolf is if it's a first generation cross(F1) or it's a 2nd generation whose parent was backcrossed to another pure wolf as far I know. Any wolfdog people feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Nino » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:20 am

there is no such thing as a wolf hybrid
hybrid means cross between two spices.. Wolf and dog is the same spices

Wolfdog till F5 (F0 would be a 100% wolf lol) after that the supposed amount of dog should be so low that it's considered a dog..

although that only consider wolfdog x dog matings I think.. not wolfdog x wolfdog
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Nino wrote:there is no such thing as a wolf hybrid
hybrid means cross between two spices.. Wolf and dog is the same spices

Wolfdog till F5 (F0 would be a 100% wolf lol) after that the supposed amount of dog should be so low that it's considered a dog..

although that only consider wolfdog x dog matings I think.. not wolfdog x wolfdog
Oh. OK. Yeah, I know that they aren't techincally hybrids. I just couldn't think of what other word to use. Maybe "mix" or "cross"

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Nino » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:33 pm

caninesrock wrote:
Nino wrote:there is no such thing as a wolf hybrid
hybrid means cross between two spices.. Wolf and dog is the same spices

Wolfdog till F5 (F0 would be a 100% wolf lol) after that the supposed amount of dog should be so low that it's considered a dog..

although that only consider wolfdog x dog matings I think.. not wolfdog x wolfdog
Oh. OK. Yeah, I know that they aren't techincally hybrids. I just couldn't think of what other word to use. Maybe "mix" or "cross"
Just Wolfdog :-)
That's the most correct term.. since it's a mix between both.. ;)
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:17 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Tatzel » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Dozer wrote:
Kootenaywolf wrote:
I agree BBS seem really cool. I guess according to some they wouldn't really be considered wolfdogs either though? They are F6...I think most consider anything past F4 to be dogs? At least I have heard that from a few sources.

And I'd totally recommend ANCDs :) I just got my pup a couple weeks ago, he is absolutely lovely!
After f5 they are not considered as hybrids but they still are considered as wolfdogs. With the Bleu Bay shepard that Vicky started and also many american wolfdogs that are over F5 some even over f10 have still al lot of % wolf in them. Better yet a f1 american wolfdog have less wolfblood in them than one of f10 that was breed for high content and still can be a 90%.
BBS still seem to act somewhat wolfy, though.
Someone in the Owner Testimonials mentions their dog's urinating everytime they come back home, which is typical submissive wolf behaviour.
They don't seem to mind, but I wouldn't really like a dog which urinates itself everytime I get back home from work or something.

Otherwise they're really really awesome looking dogs! Especially Slate, he looks very, very very wolfy!
Image

User avatar
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:04 am

Why is this thread still in "Scams and Warnings"? I thought its been pretty much established now that they are real breed since many members have them.
Tatzel wrote:
Dozer wrote:
Kootenaywolf wrote:
I agree BBS seem really cool. I guess according to some they wouldn't really be considered wolfdogs either though? They are F6...I think most consider anything past F4 to be dogs? At least I have heard that from a few sources.

And I'd totally recommend ANCDs :) I just got my pup a couple weeks ago, he is absolutely lovely!
After f5 they are not considered as hybrids but they still are considered as wolfdogs. With the Bleu Bay shepard that Vicky started and also many american wolfdogs that are over F5 some even over f10 have still al lot of % wolf in them. Better yet a f1 american wolfdog have less wolfblood in them than one of f10 that was breed for high content and still can be a 90%.
BBS still seem to act somewhat wolfy, though.
Someone in the Owner Testimonials mentions their dog's urinating everytime they come back home, which is typical submissive wolf behaviour.
They don't seem to mind, but I wouldn't really like a dog which urinates itself everytime I get back home from work or something.

Otherwise they're really really awesome looking dogs! Especially Slate, he looks very, very very wolfy!
Czech Vlacks still act wolfy in some ways too,but they aren't considered wolfdogs anymore. Same with the Saarlooswolfhonds. Behaviorwise they are still somewhat simliar sometimes,but genetics say that they are pure dogs because they are way past F5 generations. Heck, huskies and malamutes do some wolf-like behaviors like howling that other dog breeds don't normally do,but they have no wolf in them at all so we can't really go on if the dogs have wolf-like behaviors. Every dog breed has atleast one behavior they inherited from their ancestors.

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Nino » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:54 am

caninesrock wrote:Why is this thread still in "Scams and Warnings"? I thought its been pretty much established now that they are real breed since many members have them.
Didn't really think about it.. have to figure out where to put it and see if it's allright to move in and if so it'll be done :)
caninesrock wrote:Czech Vlacks still act wolfy in some ways too,but they aren't considered wolfdogs anymore. Same with the Saarlooswolfhonds. Behaviorwise they are still somewhat simliar sometimes,but genetics say that they are pure dogs because they are way past F5 generations. Heck, huskies and malamutes do some wolf-like behaviors like howling that other dog breeds don't normally do,but they have no wolf in them at all so we can't really go on if the dogs have wolf-like behaviors. Every dog breed has atleast one behavior they inherited from their ancestors.
Well Czech is/was bred nurturing those ways of acting etc. like with looks it's the things that is nurtured that will persist and the ones that aren't that will disappear.
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
Dozer
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: weijerswold

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Dozer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:14 pm

caninesrock wrote:
Dozer wrote:
Kootenaywolf wrote:
I agree BBS seem really cool. I guess according to some they wouldn't really be considered wolfdogs either though? They are F6...I think most consider anything past F4 to be dogs? At least I have heard that from a few sources.

And I'd totally recommend ANCDs :) I just got my pup a couple weeks ago, he is absolutely lovely!
After f5 they are not considered as hybrids but they still are considered as wolfdogs. With the Bleu Bay shepard that Vicky started and also many american wolfdogs that are over F5 some even over f10 have still al lot of % wolf in them. Better yet a f1 american wolfdog have less wolfblood in them than one of f10 that was breed for high content and still can be a 90%.
Ummm....That's not true. Hybrids don't work that way. F5 means it's been 5 generations since any pure wolf was added into the mix. The only way a dog can ever have 90% wolf is if it's a first generation cross(F1) or it's a 2nd generation whose parent was backcrossed to another pure wolf as far I know. Any wolfdog people feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
F5 indeed means generation. But there is also been breeding f1 back on high contents etc. So not back on wolf or dog and that is how you get these high content or other wise they even would not excist because an f1 out of a 100% wolf and 100% dog can never have more than 50% wolfgenes and is always therefor the highest a mid content.
Saarloos and Tsechs are still named wolfdogs and by many still considert as so, on many wolfdogforums they are called no to low content.

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Nino » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Dozer wrote: So not back on wolf or dog and that is how you get these high content or other wise they even would not excist because an f1 out of a 100% wolf and 100% dog can never have more than 50% wolfgenes and is always therefor the highest a mid content.
Just to be sure I understand what you are saying here..
What you mean is that if it wasn't back on a wolf from a f1 (50% wolf/50% dog) it couldn't be higher than mid content?

Cause in theory that's not true..
if we had 2 boxes containing each 100 balls
100 of them would be blue and representing a 100% wolf
100 of them would be red and representing a 100% dog

if you from these two boxes take 50 from each and put them in a third box the third box would contain 50 blue balls and 50 red balls.

but if you had 2 boxes containing 50 blue balls and 50 red balls and from these two boxes you picked 50 balls from each box and put them in an empty box, the 100 balls in this box could contain everything between 100 blue balls, to 50/50 to 100 red balls.. either of the 100% being very unlikely..

On the other hand the only way to be 100% sure that you will either make the percentage of wolf higher or lower you would have to mate with another 100% wolf or a 100% dog - though this would still make a small chance of the outcome being somewhere between 50/50 and 100/0 or 50/50 and 0/100
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
Dozer
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: weijerswold

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Dozer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:22 pm

that is beautiful in theory yes but fact is just that people,dogs or any other living being get 50% from one parant and 50% from the other. saying other wise, of all genes in the body you get one from dad and one from mam. so of all it is 50% so there aint just no posibility you can inherit more than 1 gene of all of the wolf if it is wolfXdog. You can if it is wolfxwolfdog because the wolfdog also already have the wolfgenes ;)

if you are going to work with balls as you do you always have to count in that all the genes of dogs and wolfs all comes back from the wolf ages ago. but fact is you get half from mam half from dad but that can still mean you can have 2 bleu genes on that same DNA string but 1 blue is from let say dad the wolf and the other one from mam the dog.... so still 50% dog

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Nino » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Dozer wrote:that is beautiful in theory yes but fact is just that people,dogs or any other living being get 50% from one parant and 50% from the other. saying other wise, of all genes in the body you get one from dad and one from mam. so of all it is 50% so there aint just no posibility you can inherit more than 1 gene of all of the wolf if it is wolfXdog. You can if it is wolfxwolfdog because the wolfdog also already have the wolfgenes ;)
Please try reading what I wrote again.. :roll:
I never said that any of those examples would get more than 50% from either parent.

What I DID say was that if a F1 wolfdog (a mix between 100% wolf and a 100% dog) was bred with another F1 just like it, 50% of those 100% wouldn't necessarily be 25% wolf and 25% dog, but could just as well be 45% wolf and 5% dog from each parent making the pup 90% and 10% dog

and in the case of the 100% wolf x 100% dog - it would ALWAYS make a 50/50 wolfdog - nothing ells..
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
Dozer
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: weijerswold

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Dozer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Nino wrote:
Dozer wrote:that is beautiful in theory yes but fact is just that people,dogs or any other living being get 50% from one parant and 50% from the other. saying other wise, of all genes in the body you get one from dad and one from mam. so of all it is 50% so there aint just no posibility you can inherit more than 1 gene of all of the wolf if it is wolfXdog. You can if it is wolfxwolfdog because the wolfdog also already have the wolfgenes ;)
Please try reading what I wrote again.. :roll:
I never said that any of those examples would get more than 50% from either parent.

What I DID say was that if a F1 wolfdog (a mix between 100% wolf and a 100% dog) was bred with another F1 just like it, 50% of those 100% wouldn't necessarily be 25% wolf and 25% dog, but could just as well be 45% wolf and 5% dog from each parent making the pup 90% and 10% dog

and in the case of the 100% wolf x 100% dog - it would ALWAYS make a 50/50 wolfdog - nothing ells..
Okee but what is youre point than because that was what I said? That that is theory yes but in most cases those 90% are often just after a few genarations but yes an F2 out of 2 f1 can be high also but a f1 is always mid. Only thing i added was that if they breed on high content mostly a f1 is breed back on a higher content already so that it would more possible than by an f1 to f1 that the f2 will be higher. Sorry but my english isn't the best but I just think we misunderstood eachother but I do not think that is a reason to :roll:
because that gives me wrong idears about how you can mean it when I do not think you mean it that way ;)

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Nino » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:16 pm

I think for the most part we just talked past each other :lol:

But no.. an F1 doesn't always have to be a mid..

An F1 is just the generation after the latest Wolf was crossed in..
So if you cross a F1 50/50 with a pure wolf, the offspring would still be F1 but the pups wouldn't be 50/50 anymore (in theory) but 75/25
and if you crossed an F1 75/25 with a wolf you would get an F1 but theoretically it would be 87.5/12.5 etc. etc.

The F is ONLY an indications since the last pure wolf were put into the mix..
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
Dozer
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: weijerswold

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Dozer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Nino wrote:I think for the most part we just talked past each other :lol:

But no.. an F1 doesn't always have to be a mid..

An F1 is just the generation after the latest Wolf was crossed in..
So if you cross a F1 50/50 with a pure wolf, the offspring would still be F1 but the pups wouldn't be 50/50 anymore (in theory) but 75/25
and if you crossed an F1 75/25 with a wolf you would get an F1 but theoretically it would be 87.5/12.5 etc. etc.

The F is ONLY an indications since the last pure wolf were put into the mix..
Yes I think we did talked past each other :lol:

And I know an f1 isn't awlays a mid but I meant a f1 out of a direct wolfxdog ;) and I am a bit lazy to type that every time because I tought saying it once in the start of it was understandeble and maybe it would have been if my englisch was better ;)
but for that part you indeed are right with the theory of you explaination above

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Nino » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 am

Dozer wrote:
Nino wrote:I think for the most part we just talked past each other :lol:

But no.. an F1 doesn't always have to be a mid..

An F1 is just the generation after the latest Wolf was crossed in..
So if you cross a F1 50/50 with a pure wolf, the offspring would still be F1 but the pups wouldn't be 50/50 anymore (in theory) but 75/25
and if you crossed an F1 75/25 with a wolf you would get an F1 but theoretically it would be 87.5/12.5 etc. etc.

The F is ONLY an indications since the last pure wolf were put into the mix..
Yes I think we did talked past each other :lol:

And I know an f1 isn't awlays a mid but I meant a f1 out of a direct wolfxdog ;) and I am a bit lazy to type that every time because I tought saying it once in the start of it was understandeble and maybe it would have been if my englisch was better ;)
but for that part you indeed are right with the theory of you explaination above
:lol:
Maybe we're just destined to talk past each other ;)
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 9:59 pm
Location: BC Canada

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Tatzel wrote: BBS still seem to act somewhat wolfy, though.
Someone in the Owner Testimonials mentions their dog's urinating everytime they come back home, which is typical submissive wolf behaviour.
They don't seem to mind, but I wouldn't really like a dog which urinates itself everytime I get back home from work or something.

Otherwise they're really really awesome looking dogs! Especially Slate, he looks very, very very wolfy!
That is because Slate is an upper-mid content wolfdog! She was bred with pure GSD to create the first generation of BBS :)

squirrellvr
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:10 am
Location: California

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog

Post by squirrellvr » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:00 am

Hi Sky:

The ANCD actually started earlier, I recall speaking with Ann about the development in the early 80s, although she hadn't decided on a breed name yet. This was before she obtained Xena. It has taken Ann years to develop the breed to where it is today, and I think that we will be hearing a lot more about the ANCD. Even the wolf dog experts raved about the accomplishments of the ANCD therapy dog Arrow. The ANCD is still a breed in progress.
sky wrote:Just to clarify because you may not know, the Noble has been a breed in progress since 1991. That's 20 years. I and the founder would hardly say that it's something that has just popped up! IMO, I even think that surpasses the Tam, but I could be wrong. Although you could argue that the original dogs that Eddie used to start the ball rolling date back to the 80's. If it was late 80's, then close to the same time, again IMO.

User avatar
Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 5184
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:46 am

squirrellvr wrote:The ANCD actually started earlier, I recall speaking with Ann about the development in the early 80s, although she hadn't decided on a breed name yet. This was before she obtained Xena.
How did she 'obtain' Xena? Isn't she Xena's breeder? Or is Xena an unrelated outcross?
Image
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

User avatar
Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 9:59 pm
Location: BC Canada

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog

Post by Kootenaywolf » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:35 am

Sylvaen wrote:
squirrellvr wrote:The ANCD actually started earlier, I recall speaking with Ann about the development in the early 80s, although she hadn't decided on a breed name yet. This was before she obtained Xena.
How did she 'obtain' Xena? Isn't she Xena's breeder? Or is Xena an unrelated outcross?
Just saw this now...No, Ann did not breed Xena, she is an outcross/foundation dog.

User avatar
Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 5184
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:17 am

NP :)
Do you have Xena's pedigree perhaps?
I'm curious to see who her parents / grandparents / great-grandparents are (what breeds they are) etc
Image
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

User avatar
Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 9:59 pm
Location: BC Canada

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:14 pm

No, I don't unfortunately. I asked for photos once and Ann said she had a few of Xena's parents but not any in digital form, they were old photos buried somewhere. According to Ann the dog breeds in Xena are GSD, sibe, mal, border collie and greyhound.

User avatar
Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 5184
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:21 pm

I would love to see those photos if she has a scanner to make digital copies. :)
I am very interested and curious to see the combinations that produced Xena.
Image
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:05 pm

It would be pretty good to see the past dogs that have been used to create such lovely dogs...
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:07 pm

I have heard from some people in the wolfdog community that the ANCD has had wolf put into the mix at one point,but that it's been so far back, that the ANCD only has 30% wolf in it at most and the breeder thus doesn't consider them wolfdogs anymore. They do have wolf in them though,so not entirely just a wolf-look-alike dog.

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Nino » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:24 pm

caninesrock
I have yet to see proof of that statement.. until someone shows proof that there is wolf there, it's just guesswork..
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Nino wrote:caninesrock
I have yet to see proof of that statement.. until someone shows proof that there is wolf there, it's just guesswork..
I know someone on another forum that personally knows the breeder and this is what she told me when I ask her if there were any reputable breeds of low content wolfdogs:
Oh on the low content breeders, no there's not that many legit ones. There's the blue bay shepards that you already came acrossed, but some of those pups are f6 35% and 30% and she considers them not to be wolfdogs at that point. They're in Fl. http://www.bluebayshepherds.com/ She also breeds mid content wolfdogs too. http://www.wolfhybrids.com/
There is also Rick in SC, not sure if he's still breeding but he used to breed a nice mid line http://highhillskennels.webs.com/
Ann Dresselhaus breeds a line thats so low she considers them to be dogs only also, the alaskan noble companion dog. She's accomplished alot with her animals, she's even had some hearding and etc. etc.
http://alaskannoblecd.weebly.com/index.html

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:19 pm

caninesrock wrote:
Nino wrote:caninesrock
I have yet to see proof of that statement.. until someone shows proof that there is wolf there, it's just guesswork..
I know someone on another forum that personally knows the breeder and this is what she told me when I ask her if there were any reputable breeds of low content wolfdogs:
Oh on the low content breeders, no there's not that many legit ones. There's the blue bay shepards that you already came acrossed, but some of those pups are f6 35% and 30% and she considers them not to be wolfdogs at that point. They're in Fl. http://www.bluebayshepherds.com/ She also breeds mid content wolfdogs too. http://www.wolfhybrids.com/
There is also Rick in SC, not sure if he's still breeding but he used to breed a nice mid line http://highhillskennels.webs.com/
Ann Dresselhaus breeds a line thats so low she considers them to be dogs only also, the alaskan noble companion dog. She's accomplished alot with her animals, she's even had some hearding and etc. etc.
http://alaskannoblecd.weebly.com/index.html

Biiiiggggg difference between hearsay and physical proof... Written admittance from breeder on web page/forum for example?
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Nino » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:35 pm

TerriHolt wrote:
caninesrock wrote:
Nino wrote:caninesrock
I have yet to see proof of that statement.. until someone shows proof that there is wolf there, it's just guesswork..
I know someone on another forum that personally knows the breeder and this is what she told me when I ask her if there were any reputable breeds of low content wolfdogs:
Oh on the low content breeders, no there's not that many legit ones. There's the blue bay shepards that you already came acrossed, but some of those pups are f6 35% and 30% and she considers them not to be wolfdogs at that point. They're in Fl. http://www.bluebayshepherds.com/ She also breeds mid content wolfdogs too. http://www.wolfhybrids.com/
There is also Rick in SC, not sure if he's still breeding but he used to breed a nice mid line http://highhillskennels.webs.com/
Ann Dresselhaus breeds a line thats so low she considers them to be dogs only also, the alaskan noble companion dog. She's accomplished alot with her animals, she's even had some hearding and etc. etc.
http://alaskannoblecd.weebly.com/index.html

Biiiiggggg difference between hearsay and physical proof... Written admittance from breeder on web page/forum for example?
Very big difference..
I have been speaking with Ann Dresselhaus on a regular basis via. chat and mails for more than 6 months and when she says what is in her breed she does not mention wolf. When she is asked, she says they are not wolfdogs..
Until there are actual phsical proof I choose to be sceptic about there being wolf there..
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:49 am

On this wolfdog forum,there is a topic about them:
http://www.wolfdogforum.com/viewtopic.p ... panion+Dog

The member Cindy23323 told me that she personally knows and is friends with the person who created the Alaskan Noble Companion Dog. Cindy is the one I quoted above. Also, she said that the breed creator doesn't consider the breed a wolfdog because they are past the F5 generation and have little wolf in them.

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:15 am

She is also a member on this forum, could have said as it has come up before but didn't? I'd have thought that is someone is personally friends with someone, they wouldn't be happy to say nothing if their friends breed is in the scams and warning section (well i usually jump to the defence of personal friends anyhow...)...

But that's just me speculating...

When Ann her self makes a public post, then we will know... until then i won't believe there is, i won't believe there is not...
Hearsay doesn't interest me neither does "she said he said...". I can claim to personally know Prince Harry (or insert more believable name hear)... If it is not true and people believe there was wolf used because he said she said, it cold give the wrong impression of the breeder for no reason except gossip...

Just my opinion tho...
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 4802
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Princeton, TX US
Contact:

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:07 am

Are they sure they're not talking about Noble Pawz from Canada? Their website is no longer up, but they bred wolfdogs and I believe they even used one of Ann ANCDs they obtained from her.
Image

User avatar
Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 5184
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:32 am

Nino wrote:when she says what is in her breed she does not mention wolf. When she is asked, she says they are not wolfdogs..
Until there are actual phsical proof I choose to be sceptic about there being wolf there..
sounds like Lynn (Blustag) talking about the Tamaskan foundations... just because someone says something, doesn't mean it is true - especially if they have their own reasons to hide the truth...

Call me a cynic, but I find the domesticated / well-trained / diluted wolfdog theory far more plausible than the alleged mix of all the random breeds that were added together to produce the ANCD. Perhaps some ANCD owner(s) would be willing to test their dog(s) with the UC Davis "wolf hybrid" test... that should settle the matter. ;)
Image
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

User avatar
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:24 am

HiTenshi16 wrote:Are they sure they're not talking about Noble Pawz from Canada? Their website is no longer up, but they bred wolfdogs and I believe they even used one of Ann ANCDs they obtained from her.
I'm positive. The dogs in Noble Pawz are not ANCD,but ANCD cross with wolfdogs. However, Cindy talked about both and was talking about how the ANCD has so little wolf in it that Ann doesn't consider it a wolfdog.

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:25 am

Sylvaen wrote:
Nino wrote:when she says what is in her breed she does not mention wolf. When she is asked, she says they are not wolfdogs..
Until there are actual phsical proof I choose to be sceptic about there being wolf there..
sounds like Lynn (Blustag) talking about the Tamaskan foundations... just because someone says something, doesn't mean it is true - especially if they have their own reasons to hide the truth...

Call me a cynic, but I find the domesticated / well-trained / diluted wolfdog theory far more plausible than the alleged mix of all the random breeds that were added together to produce the ANCD. Perhaps some ANCD owner(s) would be willing to test their dog(s) with the UC Davis "wolf hybrid" test... that should settle the matter. ;)
I have had the same thought... But it was listening to hearsay (started on this forum by lynn) that promoted me to be rude to people "she said, he said" about... All the different places i 'corrected' those that said there is some wolf content in the breed, all the people that dared to argue with me... Left me feeling pretty stupid so i decided then that the only thing that will persuade me one way or the other it physical proof... I sent Ann a few e-mails but she seemed pretty guarded so i didn't pursue the issue at the time...
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:12 pm

TerriHolt wrote: I sent Ann a few e-mails but she seemed pretty guarded so i didn't pursue the issue at the time...
I think it's because if there is wolf in there (and she admitted it), it would make them legal in less places as some places consider a dog with any recent wolf content, no matter how many generations since it's been since a pure wolf's been added, illegal. I love the breed,but that's my concern about it. If where I end up living will treat it like a wolfdog and I'll have to be careful where I move to make sure it's legal to have the breed based on whether or not the area bans wolfdogs and if I'll have to get a permit to keep the breed because it's considered a wolfdog there,etc.

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Katlin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:32 am

caninesrock wrote:I think it's because if there is wolf in there (and she admitted it).
When and where did she admit that?
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Nino » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:38 pm

It might sound like Lynn, but I also said I was sceptical, not that I 100% believe that there is not any wolf ;)
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
Nimwey
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 8:44 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Nimwey » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Katlin wrote:
caninesrock wrote:I think it's because if there is wolf in there (and she admitted it).
When and where did she admit that?
"I think it's because if there is wolf in there (and she admitted it)"
IF there is wolf, and she admitted it. ;)
No one said that she had admitted it.
Image
Mother Nature does not rule by fear and anger, but by calm strength and assertiveness - Cesar Millan

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Nimwey wrote:
Katlin wrote:
caninesrock wrote:I think it's because if there is wolf in there (and she admitted it).
When and where did she admit that?
"I think it's because if there is wolf in there (and she admitted it)"
IF there is wolf, and she admitted it. ;)
No one said that she had admitted it.

Ohhh, i see what happened there :oops: I missed it too :lol:
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Yeah,Nimwey is right. I wasn't saying that she had admitted it. Lol. XD

I was saying that if she admitted it, it could bring up legal issues.

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Katlin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 am

Whoops, sorry guys...derp >_<
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

User avatar
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:06 am

Katlin wrote:Whoops, sorry guys...derp >_<
It's ok. I should have typed more clearly. Lol. XD

User avatar
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2554
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 pm
Location: Canada (North York, Ontario)

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Upon re-reading all of the old posts from the front to back I am kind of happy to see how the whole thing had transitioned and that the ANCD are now gathering more fans.
Image

Post Reply