Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by caninesrock » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:10 pm

I'm still convinced there is some wolf in there atleast in the Xena lines even if Ann doesn't admit it. The black phases look way too wolfy to be all dog. Some Tamaskans have been found to have wolf in them and they don't even look anywhere near as wolfy as the blackphase ANCDs so there's no way even more wolfy-looking dogs have no wolf in them in my opinion.

Nimwey
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nimwey » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:22 pm

caninesrock wrote:I'm still convinced there is some wolf in there atleast in the Xena lines even if Ann doesn't admit it. The black phases look way too wolfy to be all dog. Some Tamaskans have been found to have wolf in them and they don't even look anywhere near as wolfy as the blackphase ANCDs so there's no way even more wolfy-looking dogs have no wolf in them in my opinion.
Yes, agree, and then still, the Tamaskan was created by crossing already quite wolfy-looking dogs - huskies, Utonagans etc. But the suspected wolf content was eventually revealed.
I *cannot* then, believe, that the ANCD got its extreme wolfiness from crossing GSD, BC, Malamute, Husky, Labrador, Great Pyrenees and Greyhound, with absolutely 0% wolf content. :?
Mother Nature does not rule by fear and anger, but by calm strength and assertiveness - Cesar Millan

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Nimwey wrote:
caninesrock wrote:I'm still convinced there is some wolf in there atleast in the Xena lines even if Ann doesn't admit it. The black phases look way too wolfy to be all dog. Some Tamaskans have been found to have wolf in them and they don't even look anywhere near as wolfy as the blackphase ANCDs so there's no way even more wolfy-looking dogs have no wolf in them in my opinion.
Yes, agree, and then still, the Tamaskan was created by crossing already quite wolfy-looking dogs - huskies, Utonagans etc. But the suspected wolf content was eventually revealed.
I *cannot* then, believe, that the ANCD got its extreme wolfiness from crossing GSD, BC, Malamute, Husky, Labrador, Great Pyrenees and Greyhound, with absolutely 0% wolf content. :?
Same here. I don't mind that the ANCD contains wolf content (the same goes for the Tamaskan) - it's the BS 'creation story' that bothers me, instead of just being open and honest about it...
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:41 pm

BS creation story Deb? I'll agree that it looks like there might be some wolf content in the ANCD, but I would be careful about making bold accusations, particularly without any evidence. Been there, done that, right?

You don't know that there were wolves or wolfdogs involved in the ANCD creation, do you? If not, perhaps it is good policy not to perpetuate a rumor that has yet to be proven or disproven.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:33 pm

martinbernstein wrote:BS creation story Deb? I'll agree that it looks like there might be some wolf content in the ANCD, but I would be careful about making bold accusations, particularly without any evidence. Been there, done that, right?

You don't know that there were wolves or wolfdogs involved in the ANCD creation, do you? If not, perhaps it is good policy not to perpetuate a rumor that has yet to be proven or disproven.
Yes, i have learned my lesson and i refuse to believe one way or the other... Has any owners been approached about testing? I know it's not 100% fool proof with so little testing options and depending on the way the genes swing but it maybe a start... Could start with a 1 in 5... It's better than speculating...

Would any of the breeds used test positive at all? I don't think there is but i'm quite often wrong...

She has used different breeds to the tamaskan which could give different results as to looks so it would be unfair to pass judgement without knowing... Using a non wolfy breed with smaller ears for example...

But like i said, i'm not believing there isn't wolf content and i'm not believing there is... Since lynn, i want physical proof of everything not he said she said or 'the fonder said' because words mean squat...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:29 pm

martinbernstein wrote:BS creation story Deb? I'll agree that it looks like there might be some wolf content in the ANCD, but I would be careful about making bold accusations, particularly without any evidence. Been there, done that, right?

I have to agree here..
>> Nino <<

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Martin I agree with you there. I don't want anymore nasty rumours to start either but this in no way means that we're not allow to "suspect" that there just might be a trace of wolf-contents a few generations back. I'm not saying that there definitely is wolf-content in the Alaskan Noble mutt but I am open to the possibility that there might be as there is in some Tamaskan lines. After all, we all have the rights to speculate, just as long as it does not transform into an accusation which I don't think the above comments are actually accusing Ann but just suspecting. And nonetheless it is still all just opinions of the individuals

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Lucas, yes speculation is certainly natural on a forum such as this. But Debbie referring to Ann Dresselhaus' explanation of how she created her breed as 'BS' is not speculation. Implicit in that statement is the idea that Ann is lying. That is a bit more than speculation.

Furthermore, to your comment about individuals' opinions, Debbie is not a regular forum member, but the de facto owner of it, and she is also a TDR committee member. As such one would expect a bit more caution when discussing other developing breeds such as our own. Particularly in light of the TDR's own history of 'BS stories.'

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:27 am

I wasn't intending to start a rumor. I just personally think that the ANCD looks like it has wolf in it. Is Yarrow's owner open for the wolf content test maybe as he/she is a pretty active member on this forum and Yarrow looks really wolfy?

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:04 am

@Caninesrock, no worries, you were definitely not responsible for starting that rumor. People have talked about it for a long time. I think anyone who sees a pic of an ANCD, particularly a black or wolf gray one, will wonder whether there is wolf in it's background.

It would be great to see results of a DNA test for wolf markers. Regardless, it is an impressive breed and Ann is a very knowledgable breeder from what I can tell. She's produced some very cool dogs.

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:00 am

caninesrock wrote:I wasn't intending to start a rumor. I just personally think that the ANCD looks like it has wolf in it. Is Yarrow's owner open for the wolf content test maybe as he/she is a pretty active member on this forum and Yarrow looks really wolfy?
I would be open to the idea, it's just an expense that is no where near the top of my list of priorities ;)

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:49 pm

I did once suggested on this forum that crossing a black ANCD with any of the existing black Tamaskans may (or may not) improve the appearance (particularly the black Tamaskans) as well as the strength and endurance of the breed, adding more diversity to the genepool. However, if that one outcross does not have good result then well, at least it was worth the try. I do hope to see more black Tamaskans in the future somehow, but I don't plan to cross my ANCD (when I get one) with my future Tamaskans though

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:14 am

@martinberstein:Yay. I don't mind if it has wolf in it or not. I'm just curious. Alot of people hide wolf content and act like its a bad thing. I don't think it's bad at all. Just because a dog has a tiny bit of wolf in it doesn't mean that it's now some sort of dangerous wild animal that's going to eat its owner or something. It's silly that people think that. I'm looking forward to the day when no one has to lie or cover up wolf content (not saying that the ANCD does have wolf content, just making a general statement about the hiding of wolf content). I would like a black phase ANCD myself one day,but I plan on going into ownership of one knowing that there is a possibility that my dog might have wolf in it and have some wolfy behaviors.

@Kootenaywolf: Glad you're open. ;) I understand though. It is kind of expensive to test for.

@Tiantai: I would love to see ANCD's crossed into the breed. Not only do the black ones look very wolfy,but I hear that they supposedly have very good temperaments as a breed in spite of the rumors of possible wolf content. I think I remember reading on the website that some have even served as therapy dogs.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:25 am

True, and one name Elvis (a distant relative of Yarrow if I remember from Ann's email correctly) has also taken on marathons, the exact thing that I look forward to doing with my future Tamaskans since I run marathons every spring, summer, and fall. I think the ANCD will make a perfect running partner for me just as a Tamaskan should. Interestingly, although both Yarrow and Elvis are mostly black, the grandfather Apollo is a pure Arctic white colour dog.

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 am

Yes. I believe Yarrow's father (Cinnabar if I remember correctly) is an off-white colored husky looking dog. Yarrow gets his black coat and wolfy looks from his mother Xena in my opinion though,so Xena's traits must be dominant.

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:23 am

caninesrock wrote:Yes. I believe Yarrow's father (Cinnabar if I remember correctly) is an off-white colored husky looking dog. Yarrow gets his black coat and wolfy looks from his mother Xena in my opinion though,so Xena's traits must be dominant.
Yarrow's mother is actually Cola. Xena is his grandmother (Cola is from Xena x Apollo). There were 2 black pups in the litter, and 5 white ones.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:32 am

caninesrock wrote:Yes. I believe Yarrow's father (Cinnabar if I remember correctly) is an off-white colored husky looking dog. Yarrow gets his black coat and wolfy looks from his mother Xena in my opinion though,so Xena's traits must be dominant.
If I'm not mistaken, then I believe Yarrow's dam is Cola, Xena's daughter with Apollo? Cinnabar is off-white/cream, whereas Apollo, methinks, is white. Both Cola and Xena are black phase.

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:49 am

Kootenaywolf wrote:
Yarrow's mother is actually Cola. Xena is his grandmother (Cola is from Xena x Apollo). There were 2 black pups in the litter, and 5 white ones.
Oh. I thought I remembered you saying something about being excited to get a pup from Xena somwhere. My bad. And for some reason, I thought the black was dominant as I've seen alot of black phase ANCD photos on the breed website.

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:36 pm

caninesrock wrote: Oh. I thought I remembered you saying something about being excited to get a pup from Xena somwhere. My bad. And for some reason, I thought the black was dominant as I've seen alot of black phase ANCD photos on the breed website.
Yes, I would have loved a Xena puppy but she was too old to have another litter unfortunately. I believe all the Xena x Apollo puppies were black. But Cola must carry white since her dad was so she can produce it.

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Kootenaywolf wrote: Yes, I would have loved a Xena puppy but she was too old to have another litter unfortunately. I believe all the Xena x Apollo puppies were black. But Cola must carry white since her dad was so she can produce it.
Oh. I know she's too old now,but I thought I remembered you saying something somewhere about getting a pup from the last litter that Xena had. Even coming from Cola instead of Xena, Yarrow is a really handsome boy though, just as wolfy looking as his grandmother in my opinion. ;) I think I might want a black phase ANCD some time in the distant future,especially one that looks like Yarrow. They are gorgeous dogs. I'm going to ask you some quesiton about Yarrow/the breed in general if that's ok. You don't have to answer them all if you don't want to or can't.

1. How is Yarrow's temperment?

2. Does he need alot of exercise and space or is he/can he be a mostly inside dog that just gets taken out on walks a few times a week?

3.It doesn't look like you live in the city. Do you think an ANCD is good for someone who lives in the city and works alot of hours and can only take the dog walking once a day at most?

4.Can they be kept as primarily indoor dogs with free range of the house even when the owner isn't home?

5.How's their prey drive?

6.Are they good with strangers?

7.How friendly are they/ how much human attention do they like(i.e. Are they an independent breed or one that needs their humans to be around alot and enjoy human attention)?

8. Should you have more than one at a time(i.e. Would they get lonely if they were the only dog in the house while the owner's out at work)?

9.Do they get along with other dogs?

10.Do they get along with other animals?

11.How is their recall when off leash?

12. Are there any health problems to look out for in the breed?

13. What is their average life span?

14. Do they howl like either a wolf type howl or a husky type howl, malamute type howl, or their own unique howl type?

15. How noisy are they?

16. Do they have any wolf-like behaviors?

17. How easy are they to train?

18. How easy are they to groom?

19. How easy to care for are they in general?

Thanks. ^^

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 am

caninesrock wrote: Oh. I know she's too old now,but I thought I remembered you saying something somewhere about getting a pup from the last litter that Xena had. Even coming from Cola instead of Xena, Yarrow is a really handsome boy though, just as wolfy looking as his grandmother in my opinion. ;) I think I might want a black phase ANCD some time in the distant future,especially one that looks like Yarrow. They are gorgeous dogs. I'm going to ask you some quesiton about Yarrow/the breed in general if that's ok. You don't have to answer them all if you don't want to or can't.
1. How is Yarrow's temperment? On the whole, really nice. He's mellow, affectionate, incredibly smart, and generally easy to live with. He is however very stranger shy.

2. Does he need alot of exercise and space or is he/can he be a mostly inside dog that just gets taken out on walks a few times a week? Well, for my lifestyle I find that he is generally an inside dog who chills out most of the time. But I do have 5 acres that he can play on and we go on one very long walk/horseback ride every day, and we do training sessions most days as well. So he gets quite a bit of mental and physical stimulation, which I'm sure contributes to his mellowness. Still compared to a lot of other breeds his exercise requirements aren't off the chart. On days if I'm not feeling well or something and we don't go out, he'll get a bit restless but some play with another dog or person can usually suffice. I can't think of very many large breed dogs who could be happy with only getting out on walks a few times a week. You will run into way more problem behaviors with limited exercise....

3.It doesn't look like you live in the city. Do you think an ANCD is good for someone who lives in the city and works alot of hours and can only take the dog walking once a day at most? Yeah, I live way out in the country. I think that an ANCD could be fine in the city, but they would need sufficient exercise. One walk a day would be minimum. And for me this means offleash for at least an hour or two so the dog can really get out and run.

4.Can they be kept as primarily indoor dogs with free range of the house even when the owner isn't home? Yarrow is primarily an indoor dog. I crate him when I leave now, but eventually I would like to be able to leave him uncrated. At the moment (he's almost 9 months) he would get into stuff still.

5.How's their prey drive?
Yarrow's is not too strong. He is around my two cats all the time, and has been around chickens, baby goats, horses etc. I wouldn't trust him unsupervised with the chickens or baby goats, but he is generally pretty good with small animals. The other day he saw a herd of deer when we were out in the woods and he just sat and watched them, which I was really pleased about.

6.Are they good with strangers? Some are, some aren't. Like I said, Yarrow is very stranger shy. However he is the only one from his litter that is. I socialized him extensively when he was young and he still just doesn't like people he doesn't know. It's slowly getting better. Once he warms up to someone, he totally loves them.

7.How friendly are they/ how much human attention do they like(i.e. Are they an independent breed or one that needs their humans to be around alot and enjoy human attention)? Yarrow is a nice mix of affectionate and independent. He is not needy or clingy, he's quite content hanging out by himself, but he really enjoys cuddle sessions and he's a really sweet, affectionate dog.

8. Should you have more than one at a time(i.e. Would they get lonely if they were the only dog in the house while the owner's out at work)? Yarrow loves other dogs so it's really helpful having two, they can play with each other and wear each other out. I don't think it would be a necessity, though.

9.Do they get along with other dogs? Yes, so far Yarrow is wonderful with other dogs. He's extremely submissive, sometimes to the point of being annoying to the other dog.

10.Do they get along with other animals? I've had Yarrow around my cats and horses every day and he does very well with them.

11.How is their recall when off leash?
Good, as long as you train them properly! Yarrow walks offleash every day, and has since I got him. I am never worried about him running off, he is always close by.

12. Are there any health problems to look out for in the breed? Not any in particular that I know of. They seem to be a very healthy breed in general and obviously all breeding dogs are rigorously health tested.

13. What is their average life span? I'm not sure, but I know that Yarrow's grandmother lived to 18, and Xena is 13 I believe and looks and acts much younger, so I'm hopeful that Yarrow will live a long life!

14. Do they howl like either a wolf type howl or a husky type howl, malamute type howl, or their own unique howl type? I would say Yarrow's howl is more wolf like than husky like.

15. How noisy are they? Not very noisy. Yarrow does bark but rarely, and only at things he thinks might be evil intruders (bears etc). I've been working on getting him to howl on command but he doesn't howl often otherwise. He had a variety of whines and rooos that mean different things. He was actually quite vocal/whiney as a puppy but he has mostly outgrown that.

16. Do they have any wolf-like behaviors? Hmm. Hard to say exactly since wolf behaviors are mostly just dog behaviors that are intensified. He likes to steal things and proudly runs away with them, he's timid around strangers like I said, but I can't really think of any purely wolfy behaviors.

17. How easy are they to train?
Extremely easy as long as you have good motivation. Yarrow is the smartest dog I have ever worked with, hands down. He learns new behaviors and tricks incredibly fast. He is more independent though than say, your average herding breed, so sometimes he is doing his own thing and he's not always just watching you, waiting for you to tell him what to do. So it's important to have good motivation. He is food and toy motivated.

18. How easy are they to groom? Very easy. No grooming needed most of the time except during shedding, then I was grooming almost daily just to limit the hair floating around the house. Baths only needed if he rolls in something smelly (which he does like to do).

19. How easy to care for are they in general? Pretty easy. But, I do have a lifestyle very conducive to dog ownership. I work from home and spend a great deal of my time with my dogs, training, going out walking, etc, so I feel he has a very fulfilling life. I'm not sure what he would be like if he had to spend the majority of his time alone. I've found with many dogs, they are much more high energy, intense, and much more likely to display unwanted behavior when they are left alone many hours a day. But that is just a personal opinion/observation! So Yarrow is an easy dog for me, but he may not be for someone else...I'm not sure.

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks for answering my questions. That was really helpful. ^^

Jbrowntown7
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jbrowntown7 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:00 am

Does anyone know how much one costs? I have been looking everywhere for one and can't seem to get in touch with the founder to find out

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:40 am

Hi and welcome :D

She can be contacted on fb

Hear

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Jbrowntown7
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jbrowntown7 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:11 am

Yeah I've messaged her on there and the website but sadly no reply still. Is there anyone else that has one that breeds them?

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:32 am

Jbrowntown7 wrote:Yeah I've messaged her on there and the website but sadly no reply still. Is there anyone else that has one that breeds them?
Just so you know it, she can take a LONG time answering sometimes.. she definately does not spend all her time online (I am friends with her on facebook and her activity level rises for a time then drops to nothing for a while again), if I was you I would go to the source and make sure you research all the way through so that you are not surprised when you get what you get or something like that :)
>> Nino <<

Jbrowntown7
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jbrowntown7 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 am

Okay. Not really sure what you mean but alright lol. I've searched everywhere but very lil info and have read this whole topic. The whole wolf topic doesn't bother me. I Just think it is a beautiful dog and a black wolf like dog is my dream dog.

Rhokk
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Rhokk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:44 am

As far as I know, Ann is the only legitimate breeder of the ANCD. I have not purchased a puppy from her, but in my opinion she does everything the right way when it comes to breeding. The delay in communication is worth it!

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:48 am

Go to the source = don't go and try buying of one of those pretend breeders.. there have been a few that were pretending to breed ANCD's but was at max breeding ANCD mixes.. I would personally try staying clear of those people (it would be like going between a TDR breeder and RPK and saying both was breeding Tamaskan's, although the last were breeding a bunch of mixes into it too without concern).

Ann is definitely worth the wait I'd say.. I am not going to buy from her within the next couple of years, but some time in the future I might, and I am confident that she does indeed know a LOT about breeding, training and genetics.. no doubt about it..
>> Nino <<

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:42 am

Nino wrote:Go to the source = don't go and try buying of one of those pretend breeders.. there have been a few that were pretending to breed ANCD's but was at max breeding ANCD mixes.. I would personally try staying clear of those people (it would be like going between a TDR breeder and RPK and saying both was breeding Tamaskan's, although the last were breeding a bunch of mixes into it too without concern).

Ann is definitely worth the wait I'd say.. I am not going to buy from her within the next couple of years, but some time in the future I might, and I am confident that she does indeed know a LOT about breeding, training and genetics.. no doubt about it..
^ she's right :D

It took a fair while for ann to answer and accept me too, she was online quite a lot a few weeks back but i've heard nothing since... She has an outside life and i don't expect anyone to be always available all the time. Just need to be patient and wait :D

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Ann just announced that a litter should arrive between sometime today or Christmas day from Cola and Cinnabar. :)
I'm sure she will respond as soon as she can, just will be busy with puppies for the next few weeks ;)

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Yes I am sure she will too.. I can only imagine she has quite a lot on her hands getting ready for the litter..
And certainly also writing that mail (which was quite long lol)
>> Nino <<

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Nino wrote:(which was quite long lol)
Was it EVER lol! Those should be some nice pups :D
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:50 pm

I am so jealous with the people who are able to get one of those pups!
>> Nino <<

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Nino wrote:I am so jealous with the people who are able to get one of those pups!

Me too... it makes it ever so tempting to not make car payments... (~chants~ must be sensible, must be sensible lol...)

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:52 am

TerriHolt wrote:
Nino wrote:I am so jealous with the people who are able to get one of those pups!

Me too... it makes it ever so tempting to not make car payments... (~chants~ must be sensible, must be sensible lol...)
I know that feeling all to well, at least with getting my fence done :? still tempted to skip some credit card payments.

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Those will be awesome pups!! I almost want another one!

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:33 am

Have you seen the pups, they have more of a variety in color than last year. There is two agouti coats in this litter. I wish I was ready to bring a black phase into my home... I am going to go meet Ann before I make the commitment though.

Nimwey
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nimwey » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:50 am

Where have you seen pictures? There are none on the site.
(Please don't say Facebook...)
Mother Nature does not rule by fear and anger, but by calm strength and assertiveness - Cesar Millan

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:52 am

yeah .. facebook..
>> Nino <<

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Nino wrote:yeah .. facebook..
I can't find her facebook page, can someone send me a link?

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:23 pm

I thought i linked it further up :? Anyhow,

Hear you go lucas :)

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Thank Terri :)

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:52 pm

She posted more pictures of puppies!

I showed my daughter the white one and when she'd done with "awwwwww", i asked her what it was... She said "umm, polar bear?"... I thought it looked like a polar bear too, just wanted someone else to think it :oops: :D .

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:37 pm

:lol:
I think THIS dog looks more like a polar bear than that white dog:

Kurdish Akbas

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:08 am

AZDehlin wrote:Have you seen the pups, they have more of a variety in color than last year. There is two agouti coats in this litter. I wish I was ready to bring a black phase into my home... I am going to go meet Ann before I make the commitment though.
Yeah those agoutis are interesting, I'm curious to see how they turn out. She has had some agoutis before that really lightened up, like Darwin and Mystique, but there are some darker pups from this litter and I'm interested to see if they retain their darker colour and have more of a classic wolf gray look. They'd be stunning!

Nimwey
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nimwey » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Nino wrote:yeah .. facebook..
Well, FINE, now I've revived my account so I can look at all the gorgeous ANCDs and NAIDs. :P

Vajente
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Vajente » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Kootenaywolf wrote:
AZDehlin wrote:Have you seen the pups, they have more of a variety in color than last year. There is two agouti coats in this litter. I wish I was ready to bring a black phase into my home... I am going to go meet Ann before I make the commitment though.
Yeah those agoutis are interesting, I'm curious to see how they turn out. She has had some agoutis before that really lightened up, like Darwin and Mystique, but there are some darker pups from this litter and I'm interested to see if they retain their darker colour and have more of a classic wolf gray look. They'd be stunning!
Darwin and Mystique are sables not agouti's, don't know about these pups though

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:41 pm

if I remember correctly Sable IS actually an agouti type (on the Agouti locis) .. Ay I think the genotype for sable is.
depending on which breed though Sable might also be Aw I am not 100% sure
>> Nino <<

Vajente
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Vajente » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Nino wrote:if I remember correctly Sable IS actually an agouti type (on the Agouti locis) .. Ay I think the genotype for sable is.
depending on which breed though Sable might also be Aw I am not 100% sure
there are 4 in the agouti series
Ay - sable
aw - wolfgrey/agouti
at - tan points
a - recessive black

I call a dog agouti when it's aw, sable is a completely different color