Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (ANCD)

Post by martinbernstein » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:40 am

I have put down a deposit for a Cinnabar and Xena pup (see pic), planned for April 2011, and I'm VERY excited! The pups will be black, carrying the recessive agouti gene (same as Tamaskans) as well the recessive liver gene (undesireable in both Aatu and TDR tams).

I've had some very informative correspondences with Ann, the creator of this breed and from what I can tell, the foundation dogs were selected with extreme care. Many were F1 crosses between two different breeds, and her breeding program was laid out with very clear goals in mind. The temperament, and appearence and coat and color pigment genetics of the planned ANCD was envisioned early on, and it seems that Ann has reached her goals. there are multiple genes at work here affecting the coat length and coloration of the dogs, and it is clear that little is left to chance when she breeds her dogs.

Given the foundation stock, this breed is extremely versatile, as is clear from her videos. The only downfall of the ANCD is that there aren't many of them. As has been discussed in this thread, the Aatu could benefit from the genetic influence of this breed and hopefully many of the F1 pups will display wolf-like physiological traits as well as ANCD temperaments.

Ann has trained many of her dogs in three-stage Schutzhund. My poor tam Froya would likely hate schutzhund. She is extremely calm but also quite shy. She is more of a gentle therapy dog than a brave police work dog.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:25 am

Nice dogs :)

Is he/she also going to be used in the Aatu breeding program? I think you should be carefull with adding too much ANCD, it might alter the breed in a way you don't want to and I presume these ANCD are also related to eachother so it's not expanding the gene pool then.

If I would add a different breed as an outcross I would only use the dog once so you benefit from the 'fresh blood' but the effects of appearance and temperament are minimal. I would monitor for a few years and then decide to bring in the same outcross if the resulting dogs/line were very promising.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:11 pm

Love the looks of the black and the eyes on both are fantastic :)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:36 pm

martinbernstein wrote: My poor tam Froya would likely hate schutzhund.
We do working trials with our Tams (mostly Winnie), the UK version of Schutzhund and it is very enjoyable for the dogs. You dont have to do the 'man work' to have fun and gain awards with your dogs. I have never taught my dogs to attack, but we can still compete in tracking, heelwork etc
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

sky
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by sky » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:52 pm

martinbernstein wrote:I have put down a deposit for a Cinnabar and Xena pup (see pic), planned for April 2011, and I'm VERY excited! The pups will be black, carrying the recessive agouti gene (same as Tamaskans) as well the recessive liver gene (undesireable in both Aatu and TDR tams).
Congrats Martin! Xena is a beautiful / smart dog. Both she and Cinnabar have nice yellow eyes! From this pic I can see that Rook has his grandma's same triangular shaped head!

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:17 am

Rahne wrote:Nice dogs :)

Is he/she also going to be used in the Aatu breeding program? I think you should be carefull with adding too much ANCD, it might alter the breed in a way you don't want to and I presume these ANCD are also related to eachother so it's not expanding the gene pool then.

If I would add a different breed as an outcross I would only use the dog once so you benefit from the 'fresh blood' but the effects of appearance and temperament are minimal. I would monitor for a few years and then decide to bring in the same outcross if the resulting dogs/line were very promising.
At this point I have no idea whether my ANCD will be used in the Aatu breeding program. That is something I am personally keeping in the back of my mind, but I have not officially discussed this with the TBA. So many factors would play into that decision that cannot be predicted- health, temperament, appearance, sex, prospective mate matches, etc. If all these pieces of the puzzle fall into place then I'd be thrilled to be involved in a breeding. But, considering that there are already two ANCDs already planned for outcrossing, a third one may be too much this early on.

I am primarily interested in giving my girl Froya a permanent canine friend, and adding one more highly active and intelligent member to our pack of adventure lovers. My girlfriend and I work outside most of the day, me as a hiking guide and camp director in the Northern Appalachians, and Molly as a year round botanist. Froya has spent most of the spring and summer with me in the woods and mountains and it is clear that I am her main "person." Both Molly and I hope our ANCD will chose her.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:26 am

Martin....I think if you havnt already you should take a read of these posts 'before' making any decisions... thats just my thoughts. http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1935

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 pm

martinbernstein wrote:I have put down a deposit for a Cinnabar and Xena pup (see pic), planned for April 2011, and I'm VERY excited! The pups will be black, carrying the recessive agouti gene (same as Tamaskans) as well the recessive liver gene (undesireable in both Aatu and TDR tams).
Isn't Xena around 12 years old?! :shock: :shock:
I don't know any reputable breeder who would breed from such an old female - if it's even possible at that age. I spoke with someone who was going to get a pup from her last year, but she didn't get pregnant. If she is still fertile, it's very risky for her to be pregnant if she is so old, and also dangerous for the pups. Most breed clubs don't allow bitches to be bred if they are over 8 years old... and many would agree that 10 is the absolute maximum. I've never heard of anyone planning to breed from any dog over the age of 10... to me, that rings huge alarm bells!!
martinbernstein wrote:I've had some very informative correspondences with Ann, the creator of this breed and from what I can tell, the foundation dogs were selected with extreme care. Many were F1 crosses between two different breeds, and her breeding program was laid out with very clear goals in mind. The temperament, and appearence and coat and color pigment genetics of the planned ANCD was envisioned early on, and it seems that Ann has reached her goals. there are multiple genes at work here affecting the coat length and coloration of the dogs, and it is clear that little is left to chance when she breeds her dogs.
I am very skeptical about her 'story' - especially as I've spoken with one of her long-term friends who insists that her dogs are wolfdogs and that she concocted an elaborate tale to hide the wolf content. I presume you've seen the photos of the great-great-great-grandparents, etc? all the way back to the foundation dogs? It's not the wolf content that bothers me, just the fact that there's a whole story about using a multitude of unlikely mixbreeds to create such a result - especially interesting that the Aatu group are so quick to believe her story, yet so quick to discredit the Tamaskan foundations. Again this is just yet more hypocrisy and why I've tried to distance myself from that drama.
martinbernstein wrote:Ann has trained many of her dogs in three-stage Schutzhund. My poor tam Froya would likely hate schutzhund. She is extremely calm but also quite shy. She is more of a gentle therapy dog than a brave police work dog.
From what puppy owners have told me so far, the pups all displayed quite notable nervousness / timidity around strangers and new encounters / strange places... I would wait to draw any conclusions about temperament until the pups are a bit older (or adults). Also, not sure how wise it is to train wolfdogs / wolf-lookalikes in Schutzhund - they already get enough prejudice (based on appearance alone) without throwing aggressive behavior into the mix. :?
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:46 pm

Is she really 12 years old?? wow, we try not to breed our dogs over 6 unless its really important. The TDR's max is 8 yrs, but NEVER in my wildest dreams would I breed anything over 8.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:09 pm

OMG I hope that's not true.. 12 years old :shock:

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:28 pm

Rahne wrote:OMG I hope that's not true.. 12 years old :shock:
^ i'll use that

:o :shock: :( :evil: :cry: (more acceptable than words :oops: ), isn't that RPK's standards? 2 of the same it would seem...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

MIKA
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by MIKA » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:37 pm

As long as the breeding for purely financial reasons happens, the poor bitches are properly gutted. It is so cruel! :evil:
Unfortunately, here in Germany there also are so many of these revolting creatures :evil:
I'm sorry if my online-translator doesn't correctly translate
Greetings ... Martina

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:11 pm

I was under the impression that Ann didnt breed often (hence the reason there are so few ANCD) I would not have thought her along the scales of a puppy mill.

Sugalba
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Sugalba » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 am

If Xena is the dog in the picture then she does not look 12

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:13 am

Just curious - Debs where did you get the information that Xena is 12 years old?

It's just that I wont scream wolf unless I'm sure I see one...
if you know what I mean ;)
>> Nino <<

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:27 am

Kootenaywolf wrote: I agree wolves are more intelligent than dogs, however usually they don't get to a high level of obedience training - and definitely not herding! And most of the ANCDs couldn't be high or even mid content - I don't know what Xena is, but she is definitely not a pure wolf, and she was bred to Apollo who doesn't look to have any wolf content to me. So her pups (including Cola) would be less than 50% - probably much less because I can't imagine Xena being very high content herself. She seems very highly trainable and eager to please. And that was her old stock, Xena is now 10 or 11 and definitely not breeding any more. I'm not sure what sort of breeding stock she has right now.
She definitely does have a goal though, every one of her breeding dogs has to have a CGC by 4-6 months of age as well.
Quote from page 2 about Xena her age.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Ah - okay.. but can we be sure that it is the same Xena - or that this dog is actually 10, 11 or 12 years old?
>> Nino <<

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Nino wrote:Just curious - Debs where did you get the information that Xena is 12 years old?
I got the info from a man in here in Europe who was going to be getting one of her pups last year... lemme find the quote for ya:
I am mailing everyday with Ann, because she has a litter with XXX´s grandaunt which is about 1 month older than mine. We wanted to trade dogs, but I prefered to take one from XXX´s great-grandmother, but Xena did not get pups - she is 12. So I do not want to trade with a dog from Pepsi, because there is too much dog in, father is dog and grandfather is dog and they do not look so good only one of five the black one. Of course there is wolf in them. You can watch the last video from her which shows XXX´s great-grandma Xena.
She is definitely older than 10-11. I believe she is 12 now and will be 13 next year. I'm just amazed that Ann is already taking deposits for Cinnabar and Xena pups, when Xena is so old and it is unlikely that any pups will be produced at all - not to mention, unethical. :?

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:21 pm

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
>> Nino <<

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Do you think its possible she has two dogs called Xena?

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:51 pm

blufawn wrote:Do you think its possible she has two dogs called Xena?
Possible... but unlikely - who would own 2 dogs with the same name, at the same time?? That would be kinda strange...

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
blufawn wrote:Do you think its possible she has two dogs called Xena?
Possible... but unlikely - who would own 2 dogs with the same name, at the same time?? That would be kinda strange...
Liz from Alba actually had two dogs by the name of Bear, her out-cross boy and one of her girl Tams.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:51 pm

If the dog already had the name when she got it, it could be plausible (I really do hope that it is so) - but most dogs are able to lean a new name if it's similar to the old one, and some even if it is not.. we did so with Kovo at the age of 7 (from Coco - which is very girly, to Kovo which was more fitting for a big boy)
>> Nino <<

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:53 pm

I don't have much time at the moment, but I just needed to get in here and say, wow, people sure jump quickly to conclusions! Ann is by NO means a puppy mill...up until this point she has only had one litter a year, IF that. Last year she had two and she will likely have two this year.
Xena has only had 3 litters in her entire life, and she is extremely youthful. The videos of her are all taken very recently...does she look like a 13 year old dog? She isn't even greying, and she shows no signs of age in her movement. Ann's dogs are known to have exceptionally long lifespans (18 years is not uncommon).
Just thought I would throw that out there. I hate to see people being bashed when the whole story isn't known.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:16 pm

At the age of 92, my great-grandmother would walk 3km (round trip) to her local village to buy the daily newspaper every morning - she was very youthful for her age, and lived to be around 96 years old. However, it is not physically possible for elderly women to give birth (menopause) and even if it were possible (with modern medicine the world's oldest mother is 72 years old) that doesn't mean it is ethical, however spritely or youthful... or however long their lifespan. There are certain risks involved, it's basic biology.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:01 pm

hmm.. Just wondering..
If she have been breeding her breed for 20 years, and have 1(-2?) litters a year, how many dogs lived to the age of 18..

that would be 2(3?, 4?) litters - from the foundation dogs (probably not her own breeding) - IMHO that is not enough to make a statistic.

And I still don't think that a dog should be bred past the age of 8-9 (having the last litter latest at 8 preferably before) - even if the dog is in good conditions, gets plenty exercise and has only had 3 litters..
But thats just my oppinion - your allowed to have yours as well as I am..
>> Nino <<

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:03 pm

IF this bitch is indeed 12yrs or whatever it is a disgrace to breed with her no matter how youthful she may 'appear'. 8yrs is our definate 'cut off' period. I have girls here over 8yrs who are that fit they are still racing (sled dogs) but I would NEVER dream of mating them and putting their bodies through puppy birth at their age. Also there are sooooo many things that can and do go wrong. Is she willing to put her bitches life at stake because she 'could' lose her... Disgusting!!

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:20 pm

i have to agree, when you think of it in human years she is an old lady. i was hoping she had 2 dogs with the same name but i guess not. she may be fit and healthy physique but her internals will be the age they are supposed to be... (heart). how old is her oldest dog? because a litter a year, not one of the actual breed will be that old. i mean, she won't have put 2 dogs together and said... tadaaaa... a dog breed. there will have (or should have) been a fair amount of those 20 years put into creating the breed. how many 18 year old dogs would make 18 years the stats? no one can bash RPK for how he treats his dogs and over look someone breeding a 12 year old bitch... it puts them in the same league... both risking their dogs lives for pups...

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:24 pm

I don't know how it is in other countries but in the Netherlands it's not allowed to breed from bitches older then 8 years. There is a very good reason for that!
It's just way too risky to breed from a 12 year old bitch no matter how healty/youthful she still seems :shock:

I agree with Terri, if these are Ann her breeding 'ethics' then I consider her in the same league as RPK!!!!!

Dallas
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Dallas » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:41 pm

ahh maybe someone should just contact her and ask her if its really true
to clear it all up
Men who consistently leave the toilet seat up secretly want women to get up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night and fall in

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:27 am

My friend has a 12 year old shih tzu, she has no signs of grey hair and can still walk a good distance and chase a ball, but she also suffers from cancer, cataracts, arthritis, liver disease and bowel trouble. Things arent always as they appear.
I dont see people jumping to conclusions, everyone is trying hard to reach the truth, even making suggestions that the information could be incorrect and should be checked before a conclusion is made.

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:28 am

I have no idea about the age of her breeding dogs,but the original creator of the breed has stated that she has nothing to do with Noble Pawz and the dogs on their site are wolfdogs,not ANCDs.

http://www.takari-tamaskans.com/id89.html
The OFA and CERF website show quite a few Nobles listed as the ANCD breed or 'hybrids' (simply mixed breeds). The Foundation stock dogs were listed under that category since they were not yet 'Nobles'. [Note: Do not confuse Ann Dresselhaus with Noble Pawz in Canada. While NP does own one ANCD from Dresselhaus (Wicca), all other dogs are wolves or wolfdog crosses and not ANCDs.
This is what they look like. It just looks like a small German Shepard-like dog to me. It looks less wolfy than a Tamaskan or Northern Inuit:

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:23 am

caninesrock wrote:I have no idea about the age of her breeding dogs,but the original creator of the breed has stated that she has nothing to do with Noble Pawz and the dogs on their site are wolfdogs,not ANCDs.

The OFA and CERF website show quite a few Nobles listed as the ANCD breed or 'hybrids' (simply mixed breeds). The Foundation stock dogs were listed under that category since they were not yet 'Nobles'. [Note: Do not confuse Ann Dresselhaus with Noble Pawz in Canada. While NP does own one ANCD from Dresselhaus (Wicca), all other dogs are wolves or wolfdog crosses and not ANCDs.
This is what they look like. It just looks like a small German Shepard-like dog to me. It looks less wolfy than a Tamaskan or Northern Inuit:

Did you get that quote from Takari or from the creator of the ANCD? Not to say it isn't truth but there are plenty of lies on Takari's website, so I would be carful what you believe on that site. :)

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:35 am

AZDehlin wrote:
caninesrock wrote:I have no idea about the age of her breeding dogs,but the original creator of the breed has stated that she has nothing to do with Noble Pawz and the dogs on their site are wolfdogs,not ANCDs.

Did you get that quote from Takari or from the creator of the ANCD? Not to say it isn't truth but there are plenty of lies on Takari's website, so I would be carful what you believe on that site. :)
I don't know the creator's website. The only info I've seen on the breed is on the Takari site.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:08 am

caninesrock wrote:
AZDehlin wrote:

I don't know the creator's website. The only info I've seen on the breed is on the Takari site.

http://alaskannoblecd.weebly.com/index.html
There are also several people on the forum here that own ANCD that could tell you more than I can.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:15 pm

as tamaskan researchers have found out, be careful what you believe and don't say anything till you are 100% sure it's the truth (tam fable, tam truth ect... ) ;) everyone from all sides will give different stories and versions of truths. some will tell what the believe to be the truth to the best of their knowledge and some will, intentionally, spread lies and false facts. like AZDehlin said, you are best speaking to those who know and/or own the breed and have some know how about the happenings and not just relying on what you read ;) ...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:44 pm

I know the stuff on the site about the Tamaskan isn't true,but I figured that was just because she/he had a grudge against them. As far as I know, she/he has no grudge against the ANCD creator and thus no reason to lie about them or their breed. I didn't want to cause trouble by linking to that site as I know it's pretty controversial here,but it was the only site on the internet that I could find with any information on the breed until you guys gave me the link. I was starting to wonder if it was even a real breed or something made up by the Aatu people as the only mention of it was on the Aatu Association website and two Aatu breeder websites. :?:

Dallas
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Dallas » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:28 pm

You can check out Ann's youtube channel, though there's not much information on it but you can still see most of her dogs. If you want to see more pictures or get more information about the breed just send her a mail ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnnDDDDD
Men who consistently leave the toilet seat up secretly want women to get up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night and fall in

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:53 pm

caninesrock wrote: I was starting to wonder if it was even a real breed or something made up by the Aatu people as the only mention of it was on the Aatu Association website and two Aatu breeder websites. :?:
It is indeed a real breed, and no none of us "Aatu people" made it up. To be clear, the TBA (Aatu association) is not in the business of making things up, contrary to the impression you might've gotten on some threads on this forum.

Ann Dresselhaus is a geneticist and dog breeder, the former by profession, the latter by hobby, and has spent more than two decades creating what is now called Alaskan Noble Companion Dog. Though one TBA member, and one former TBA member own ANCDs, Ann is not affiliated with the TBA. As you'll see if you dig a little through this and other forums, the breed comes in several coat varieties, but is consistent in body structure.

The picture here is of a female puppy, not more than nine months I believe, so color and structure will have changed since that photo.

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:16 pm

This is the same dog posted earlier, a bit older -

She doesn't have the classic wolf gray colour, but she has other "wolfy" traits (conformation, eyes, coat, etc).

And definitely check out the ANCD website - http://alaskannoblecd.weebly.com/breed-standard.html
and Youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnnDDDDD/videos

There are a different lines of ANCD with varying wolfy look, Xena and her offspring (Cola and Pepsi are in some of the videos) are extremely wolfy looking.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:52 pm

Wow she is pretty :)

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Yeah she matured nicely, didn't she!

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:21 pm

*whistle whistle*
that's one good looking dog
Image Image

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:22 pm

She is very lovely :) like a blonde wolf.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:24 am

WOW :shock: very wolfy IMO!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Sandy
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Sandy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Dallas wrote:You can check out Ann's youtube channel, though there's not much information on it but you can still see most of her dogs. If you want to see more pictures or get more information about the breed just send her a mail ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnnDDDDD
I have known Ann, and been aware of her breeding program since 1993. At that time she was introducing the black lab in her breeding program. She is one of the most responsible and educated breeders that I know. It is a shame that more aren't like her. She is a true professional, and it is wonderful that she is allowing her breed to be used as an out-cross. Many breeders would not allow this. The reason that the ANCD is not well known is that pups are placed by WOM only, and have been placed in evaluation homes. Owners are provided with a puppy training guide, and it is very detailed. Ann provided $50.00 (maybe still does) rebates for each completed training class. As any breeder should, Ann did not want to present the ANCD until she had perfected the breed, but she has had a breed standard for years. Ann is not a puppy mill, and the reason that there are not more ANCD's listed in the OFA database is because the puppy owners have not bothered to do so. I am certain that when Ann begins to accept co breeders of pure ANCD's she will have very strict requirements, and as a very disciplined and thorough woman, she will check and double check to be certain all the tests have been done, and that the dog has passed. Ann is very good about responding e mails, but be prepared, she will ask you a lot of questions as well. She is a very intelligent woman, and can be very candid.

Sandy
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Sandy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Kootenaywolf wrote:This is the same dog posted earlier, a bit older -

She doesn't have the classic wolf gray colour, but she has other "wolfy" traits (conformation, eyes, coat, etc).

And definitely check out the ANCD website - http://alaskannoblecd.weebly.com/breed-standard.html
and Youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnnDDDDD/videos

There are a different lines of ANCD with varying wolfy look, Xena and her offspring (Cola and Pepsi are in some of the videos) are extremely wolfy looking.
Is this a Fresca daughter? Wow, she is gorgeous!

Have any of the ANCD owners here considered setting up their own site?

Sandy
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Alaskan Noble Companion Dog

Post by Sandy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Tarheel wrote:I apologize for my lack of knowledge of the Alaskan Noble Companion dog. Through my research, I could only find one breeder on the Internet "Noble Paws". I wrote the breeder and never got a reply. I was curious if this was a wolfdog breed or a wolf look a like. I searched the Internet for information on the breed Founder "Ann Dresselhaus". Again, There was very little information about her and the development of this breed.

When I heard that an Aatu Tamaskan Breeder had obtained one of these dogs to use as an outcross I was curious of the history of the breed. My research lead me to the OFA website for tested Nobles, for a breed that has been around since the early 90's I expected to see many more dogs in the data base. If you have information about the breed, please send me an Email or a PM , I would love to hear from you.

Are you a breeder of the Noble's? What is your experience with the Noble Dog? I have only seen pictures.
Hi John: My name is Sandy, and I have known Ann D and the ANCD since the early 90's. The breed is very well known in the Agility and Therapy dog groups, and there has been a breed standard for years. Here is a link to a youtube Video that shows the ribbons that the ANCD has won. I'm sure that when Ann finally accepts breeders of the ANCD, the potential breeders will have to meet her requirements which should be interesting as she is a very professional, intelligent and inquisitive woman. I recommend sending her a e mail. She usually responds in a day or so. Be prepared, she is a scientist and uses lingo that I hardly understand myself, and I have medical, vet experience.

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Sandy wrote:
Is this a Fresca daughter? Wow, she is gorgeous!

Have any of the ANCD owners here considered setting up their own site?
That is a pup from Pepsi x Starbuck.

There is one ANCD owner with a website - http://www.golden-noble.tk/

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Oh,wow. The pup looks really different as an adult. Extremely wolfy. What a gorgeous dog! So are they wolfdogs or wolf-look-alike dogs?