Tattoo Topic!

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Tattoo Topic!

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:24 am

i like the 1st one.. maybe have a word with your artist and see if he can do the birds flying out the feather... like the feather "seeds" the birds some how and to make it into a natural flow... you have drawn it really well. i have been trying but failing pretty badly because i want a cover up of one that got done badly and has healed with scar tissue... but as of yet... no luck...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:50 am

Thanks for the input everyone :D I think I am starting to lean toward the first one, or rather that idea...yeah I was definitely thinking to have the feather turn into the birds, I just didn't draw it out very well! Kind of like this one:

The only thing about that one that I'm worried about is having not enough flow between the components. Like, a random pattern, a feather, birds, a wolf...mostly concerned about the pattern flowing into the feather. But I think if I can find a good enough artist it might work. That's going to be the hard part - finding the right artist!!

This will be my first tattoo, and it's something I've been thinking about for a looooong time. It needs to be perfect!

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:00 am

visit several and ask for their input and ask them to draw how they think it will work best and when you find the right artist, you'll know ;) it's best to find that... 'connection' to feel comfortable to work together and then you will also feel that trust for him/her to do something that will stay with you forever (someone different did my 3rd one, the one i wnt a cover up for :( it was a mistake to use someone that i wasn't happy with).

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:24 am

Yeah, the problem is I live really rurally - the nearest "big" town (two hours drive!) is only 10,000 people. There are a few tattoo artists but none that I totally love (just from looking at their galleries). But then I am very picky and it's hard for me to find galleries that I like very much. I think might need to go to a bigger city center, but then it's just hard to know where to start looking for artists. You can only find so much online. I want to find someone who is REALLY good at realistic/detail/grayscale!

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Kootenaywolf wrote:Yeah, the problem is I live really rurally - the nearest "big" town (two hours drive!) is only 10,000 people. There are a few tattoo artists but none that I totally love (just from looking at their galleries). But then I am very picky and it's hard for me to find galleries that I like very much. I think might need to go to a bigger city center, but then it's just hard to know where to start looking for artists. You can only find so much online. I want to find someone who is REALLY good at realistic/detail/grayscale!
If you have waited this long then I would wait till you find the right person to do it. It would be better not to have it done than it not be what you wanted and you regret it everytime you look at it. I am sure you will find someone you trust.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:57 pm

JulieSmith wrote:
Kootenaywolf wrote:Yeah, the problem is I live really rurally - the nearest "big" town (two hours drive!) is only 10,000 people. There are a few tattoo artists but none that I totally love (just from looking at their galleries). But then I am very picky and it's hard for me to find galleries that I like very much. I think might need to go to a bigger city center, but then it's just hard to know where to start looking for artists. You can only find so much online. I want to find someone who is REALLY good at realistic/detail/grayscale!
If you have waited this long then I would wait till you find the right person to do it. It would be better not to have it done than it not be what you wanted and you regret it everytime you look at it. I am sure you will find someone you trust.
she's right... ask about, take a few road trips or google the best in the area... i had Chinese symbols for life and death when i lost my GSD and it upsets me every-time i look at it because it was supposed to be done in her memory... celebrate her life and death in the sense she wasn't suffering any more but it healed all wrong, lines misshapen, scaring etc... all because i didn't want to wait so now i will have to think of something with the same meaning but it will have to be huge to cover it.

you will decide on the right thing to do when the time comes, just a shame there is none closer eh? :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Check out Facebook groups too
Image Image

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Oh I completely agree, definitely not going to rush into anything. Funny thing is, just after I wrote that I found an artist that I think I like (about 5 hrs drive away - so not too bad!). He came from this area and is friends with a lot of my friends, which is how I heard about him. he has a really nice gallery. Anyway, I'm thinking of sending him some of my ideas and seeing what he can come up with!

Also, I had a new idea that I am kind of liking. I've always wanted a tattoo of the name of my hometown "Argenta", but didn't really think I could incorporate it into this one. However, I had the idea that the feather could be kind of a quill as well and it could have just written out the word. I don't want it to be blatantly obvious that it's a word, I want it to look more like a pattern and you'd only notice it said something if it was pointed out. So here's my attempt at it....

I thought the script could have a sort of arabic-influenced look to it as a nod to my love of arabian horses (I have a beautiful black straight egyptian arab), and because I think it looks really beautiful. This didn't turn out perfect of course but it's another idea....

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:02 am

well if you are working with him via the net, just do loads that come to mind and get him to tinker with them and decide which you like best. that way you will also have a tad more time to think about it too :D

the 3rd one looks tidier and less busy than the 1st and i like that you tied you love for arab's into it too but no one would know unless you asked... a conversation starter :mrgreen:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

skyedream
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by skyedream » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:08 am

TerriHolt wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: i didn't update on my 3rd... well, hear is my 4th :lol:

Is this a Final Fantasy inspired tattoo? My first one was, sort of, but very subtly! Will post pics later.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:30 am

no, besides horses, wolves are my fav animal and i just liked the idea of deco wolf :oops: not quite finished, i found out you can get a skin anchor which i might get for the eye... red or yellow. i got a baby tiger on my shoulder blade and a Pegasus on the other (won't mention the bodge up :oops: )... can probably tell i didn't plan them all out to match (but they do all have meaning) :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:27 am

I want a my little pony tat. And also Patrick star from spongebob. And a lyric from my fave song of my fave Aussie band. And prob others too
Image Image

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:20 pm

I just got this Tattoo finished last night. The entire tatto is not visible as it wraps around the other side of my arm. The dragon is coming out of the black half of a Yin Yang sybol that is surrounded with fire. I will add more pics later as I can firgure out how to show it all together.
DSCN3076.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:26 pm

That looks so good. Can't wait to see more :)

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:29 pm

The other arm was done last night as well. A Koi, swimming from the white half of the Yin Yang symbol surrounded with water. I tried to tie both pieces together with the Yin Yang symbol.
DSCN3078.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 pm

That's really cool, my cousin has a coi fish up her side.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:31 pm

they look great!

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:25 pm

Look really good :)

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Okay, so I found an artist that I absolutely LOVE and would go to in a second - unfortunately he is in Georgia (and I am in BC Canada). I'm still considering going on his waiting list for 2013 and hoping that he comes a little closer to me at some point (or else saving and flying to Georgia!).

Here's some of his stuff (this is a facebook page so it might only work for those who have facebook)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?s ... 670&type=3

My favourites:

And I'm often personally not a huge fan of colour tattoos, but some of his are amazing...

Anyway just thought I'd share with other people interested in tattoos...

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:19 pm

they look awesome! i'm on the hunt for someone who can do good cover up's... i like black and colour... the only thing i don't like about color is when it fades... where as black doesn't look too bad when it fades... the ones you piced out look great... i may have to look thru for some inspiration later.. not copy, i just have no ideas at all for my cover up on my lower inner arm... i don't like all filled in on my arm but it's the only way i will be able to cover it so i need something spectacular (not a word i often use but it's the only way to describe ho good it needs to be :lol: )...

i think choosing to go there will be worth the road trip... well, if i won the lottery i would fly there :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:31 am

TerriHolt wrote:they look awesome! i'm on the hunt for someone who can do good cover up's... i like black and colour... the only thing i don't like about color is when it fades... where as black doesn't look too bad when it fades... the ones you piced out look great... i may have to look thru for some inspiration later.. not copy, i just have no ideas at all for my cover up on my lower inner arm... i don't like all filled in on my arm but it's the only way i will be able to cover it so i need something spectacular (not a word i often use but it's the only way to describe ho good it needs to be :lol: )...

i think choosing to go there will be worth the road trip... well, if i won the lottery i would fly there :lol:
He is actually going to be in London in June, and a few other places in Europe. His waiting list might be full up but you could check and see :)

I agree I don't like the fading, black still fades too...I'll probably have to end up getting mine retouched often!

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:12 pm

This is my "caremoose" tat that I got when I was in Canada two yrs ago. I found a carebear pic I liked and asked the tattooist to ad antlers and change the tail and tummy symbol. I call him sebastian mapleheart.
Image Image

BinBin
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by BinBin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:39 pm

My raven and both of our "wedding rings".

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:53 pm

BinBin wrote:My raven and both of our "wedding rings".
:o Those are awesome! :mrgreen:
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:21 pm

Valravn wrote:

They really do :D I love black tattoo's... and ravens :D

The "wedding rings" is a neat idea...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

BinBin
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by BinBin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:10 am

TerriHolt wrote:
Valravn wrote:

They really do :D I love black tattoo's... and ravens :D

The "wedding rings" is a neat idea...
Cheers, I designed a "sort-of" celtic/viking raven & fox pattern for our real silver wedding rings, and those turned out really nice but the rings are quite big and the skin under them didnt approve, and also Jukka hobby (historical European martial arts, mainly Italian longsword) caused his ring to dent a bit so we decided to get permanent ones in stead. :) Jukka has a fox skull on his forearm, it is made by the same tattoo artist too. Will see if I can find a photo...

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Eventide » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:35 pm

Okay, I just have to chime in here :) as I've read every one of these tat posts. Let me just say, I'm quite "old" (63 :shock: ) and the only tats I have are on my eyelids (permanent makeup). I just had those done about a year ago, and I figure if I can do that (and they hurt like a "s-o-b" :cry: ), I should be able to withstand the pain elsewhere on my body. I think they are just alot of fun and not to be taken too seriously; however, I am very serious when it comes to health, and who, what, and how are very important. I have wanted a real tat for quit some time just couldn't figure out what, until I got my baby boy, Max. Now, my problem is I don't know how to design it. I do know the who and he is truly awesome (family friend) with designing them if I can get it straight in my head first :roll: . I like so many of the ideas and picts here, I might just have to figure out how to incorporate some of these ideas into one design. :? Anybody have any design ideas for an "old" lady who have the sweetest, the most gentle, loving Tam pup ever??!! Oh, and he was just in his first Tam Dog Show (US) and won first place among all the other Tam males (couldn't beat his Mom for the "Best in Show" though ;))!!

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Do you have any ideas about what you want done? Style? Colour/black and White? Image/just words?
Image Image

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Eventide » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:21 pm

I've seen lot's of B&W images that are awesome, but I'd really like to go more for the Tam look rather than the wolf. I just can't find a picture that would work that could be done in B&W that would show the true beauty. Didn't really want to go for color, but if I could find a really good picture of a Tam that was howling, I'd go for color. I'd like to put it I'd love something like on my leg just above the ankle bone and have it go up the leg just a bit (that's why a howling dog/wolf would work better I think. Just as an idea, I like the picture below, but whole body howling Tam would be better.
Tribal_Wolf_Tattoo.jpg

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Eventide » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:22 pm

Hmmm! Picture came up rather large as I got it off of a website that was suggested on this topic. Sorry!

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:31 pm

I did a quick browse on google. It's a good idea to look at images of the tat after it's on skin too to get a good idea of how it will look. I think very minimal colour would look the best. Also, have you thought about taking a photo of max in the position you want and asking the tattooist to design from that? Or maybe take an image of a wolf and change the facial features/colouring to match max.
I'm on my phone so I can only post one photo at a time.
Image Image

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Image Image

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Image Image

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Image Image

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Image Image

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Eventide » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:41 pm

Yes, I was thinking minimal color as well. Either B&W or just a touch of color to bring out the features. I like your idea about taking a picture of Max and having Eric redesign the picture to show him howling. I do have one of him howling but he was only a couple months old but it might give him enough to go with . . . :| Also, Max's eyes have been lightening up a bit and I'd like to have the light amber of the eyes showing. If he can't make it to look just right, I'll have to continue to look for the right wolf picture, I just don't want something that shows too much wolf "negativity" (viciousness).

Silver
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Silver » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Here's mine! :D Taken by mobilephone so the pic is not very clear :mrgreen:
It's not so big as it seems :D :D :D :D :D

I'm saving my other shoulder for bigger pic. Maybe wolf with dreamcatcher, or again some religious pic :)

Cornelia1986
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Cornelia1986 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:21 am

I really love this picture - but you will need a really good tattoo-artist. Otherwise it maybe would look like crap ;)
There once was a wolf-
a wolf lonlier than the mountains

SpiritEcho
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by SpiritEcho » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:25 am

now that's something I'd have done, but I'd want colour.
there is a very popular artist coming to the gold coast here in Au next year.
he did some roses on my sister to represent her children, I want him to do a portrait of my old Kelpie who passed away last year. This guy is expensive but well worth the cost.
Dogs are a gift most people don't deserve ^..^

Wolfheart2112
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Wolfheart2112 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:08 pm

Saw this post and thought I'd share mine :D Got it for my 16th birthday a few weeks ago and since I love wolves, it was the perfect thing, even more so now that Tamaskan's look like them, and I want one in the future :)

wolfwoman
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by wolfwoman » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:00 pm

This tattoo I have 10 years on my left arm :!:
http://www.vantaelsesluske.nl __ greetings Stefanie

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:45 am

Thought i'd share my latest one that the fantastic HiTenshi16 designed for me :D

I had a tattoo done in memory of my late GSD, life/death in Chinese but the artist got it wrong and it scared, warped and looked nothing like it was supposed to... So i decided i wanted to cover it and Jo volunteered to design one for me... I couldn't have asked for anything better :D , it's awesome and just what i wanted without knowing... Shame about the scar tissue not taking ink too well but it's not really that visible unless i point it out.
I've always gone for the black, simple designs where visible... I'll need to get pics of the ones on my back.

There is a before and after.

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:14 pm

:mrgreen:

LiannaeLeagadh
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by LiannaeLeagadh » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:36 pm

So many nice Tattoos & Art!

*runs to go find her camera*
**Edit:
Here are MyTattoos:

Wolf Chest Tattoo (needs to be finished)

Back Tattoo #1 Faelan Leagadh (gaelic for "Little wolf who was broken")

Back Tattoo #2 My Guardian Shewolf
Fáelan Liannáe Leagadh

ASaroka
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by ASaroka » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:25 am

When I save up enough money, and find the right tattoo artist, I'm going to get this one on my back.

http://fir-kun.deviantart.com/art/Magpie-LOgo-244007780

I'll probably clean up the body a little; I don't like how it flows. I have a bunch of crow/raven/magpie and a tiger done in that style.

Julie
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Julie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:59 am

I tried to post this pic of my tattoo before from my phone but it didnt work.. I'll try from my computer again.. Hope it works. I got this about 2 months ago @ EVL ink in Ellicottville, NY from Bill Barrante he did such an Awesome job! I LOVE it!
This is my Tamaskan tattoo of my beautiful girl, Boreal, who passed away almost 2 years ago. I got it on the outside of my right calf, so she will always be at my side with me. I know it makes my little Mustang tattoo by my ankle look pretty bad!

ThePaperMonster
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by ThePaperMonster » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:16 am

I have 3 tattoos all on the same arm. It's my in progress tattoo sleeve. :) (Some of the blue is more vibrant because those areas were recently added in when this pic was taken.

Aislinn2204
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Aislinn2204 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:54 am

nice Tattoos

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:11 am

@Julie: that's a lovely tribute to Boreal. Can't believe it's been 2 years already... :(

@ThePaperMonster: nice ink! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.