Dogs shot by Police...

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
iamnic
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Dogs shot by Police...

Post by iamnic » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Why are all these police officers such cowards!?! Dogs bark at strangers. It's what they do. I've been barked at. I've had dogs "charge" in an "aggressive manner" but I didn't fear for my safety and I didn't get bit and I didn't f*cking shoot the dog! Have none of these people ever been around a dog. How can they not understand basic dog behavior and body language??? They are trigger happy cowards that are not fit to carry a badge.
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:16 pm

Valravn wrote:Why are all these police officers such cowards!?! Dogs bark at strangers. It's what they do. I've been barked at. I've had dogs "charge" in an "aggressive manner" but I didn't fear for my safety and I didn't get bit and I didn't f*cking shoot the dog! Have none of these people ever been around a dog. How can they not understand basic dog behavior and body language??? They are trigger happy cowards that are not fit to carry a badge.
The last I heard for Austin Police Dept in Texas, they had some of their officers take a voluntary dog body language seminar. It's a shame it's not mandatory...

Nimwey
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nimwey » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:32 am

I wish I didn't go into this thread again - now I feel sick. :( (Yes, my own fault).
Mother Nature does not rule by fear and anger, but by calm strength and assertiveness - Cesar Millan