Elliott Alexzander's Important Message Tackling Patriachy

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Elliott Alexzander's Important Message Tackling Patriachy

Post by Tiantai » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:05 pm

A buddy of mine from British Columbia sen me this on facebook which I thought is worth sharing.

A man in the grocery store line today approached me and said, “Sir, when I first saw you I was extremely attracted to you, but then I noticed that you are a boy. How… I mean, why do you dress so provocatively?”

I responded, “Well, in today’s world the majority of the straight male race view women as objects, or something that belongs to them. I dress provocatively because it attracts the attention of men in a sexual and OBJECTIVE way. However, when realized that I am actually male, they often become confused, disgusted, upset or all of the above. By inflicting this minor emotional damaged upon the ego of a man raised by twisted societal gender norms, maybe, just maybe the individual will think twice before viewing another woman with an objective attitude and sense of belonging. No woman, belongs to ANYONE. Male or female, the equality of human beings needs to be a priority. It is something worth dressing up for.”

I AM NOT KIDDING. The woman behind me, the female cashier, the old lady bagging groceries and the woman in front of me who was talking on the phone STOPPED, …. and proceeded to gasp and clap. The man shook my hand, told me to have a blessed day and then said, “excuse me ladies, I need to visit my daughter.”

…. I was shaking by the time I walked out of the store.

- Elliott Alexzander
Well that's one way to shatter some bad ego ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Elliott Alexzander's Important Message Tackling Patriach

Post by Valravn » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:25 am

:D That was incredibly brave of him! Really. The reaction he got could have been horrific. People don't like to be confused or "tricked" in this way. Sometimes it gets violent.
He looks great, too.
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Elliott Alexzander's Important Message Tackling Patriach

Post by Tiantai » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:16 pm

Valravn wrote::D That was incredibly brave of him! Really. The reaction he got could have been horrific. People don't like to be confused or "tricked" in this way. Sometimes it gets violent.
He looks great, too.
I can understand why he does this though. Aside from being a transvestite, he is trying to tackle this binary gender-norm and the way many people raised on certain twisted views tend to look at others in some "levels" of power based on gender, caste, etc.

I have had a similar experience to this case although in my case when I freaked out a man at Toronto's west Chinatown was unintentional. Long story cut short, a creepy man came up from behind me, thought I was a woman (because of my butt-length hair and the fact that I was in a skirt), asked me out. I told him "sorry, you're not my type", he freaked realizing that he tried to hit on another straight man and left looking embarrassed. I didn't try to freak him on purpose obviously but now that I learned about what Elliot is doing, I think I may have taught that man at the Chinatown a lesson about hitting on random "pretty ladies" like that. :lol: