Welcome to Night Vale

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Welcome to Night Vale

Post by Valravn » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:34 am

Does anyone here listen to Welcome to Night Vale? :twisted: I kept seeing people talking about it on Tumblr so I decided to check it out. I started episode 1 Tuesday and now I'm on episode 39! It's amazing! If you like supernatural/horror or H.P. Lovecraft you'd love it. It's not actually that scary, but there are a lot of creepy things in it. The characters are also wonderfully diverse. And it's free!
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Post by balto13 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:35 am

Valravn wrote:Image

Does anyone here listen to Welcome to Night Vale? :twisted: I kept seeing people talking about it on Tumblr so I decided to check it out. I started episode 1 Tuesday and now I'm on episode 39! It's amazing! If you like supernatural/horror or H.P. Lovecraft you'd love it. It's not actually that scary, but there are a lot of creepy things in it. The characters are also wonderfully diverse. And it's free!
Have always loved Poe and Lovecraft! Will check this out, thanks :D

BMFritters
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by BMFritters » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:55 am

I absolutely LOOOOVE WTNV :)! I've been listening to it for about a year or so now and I actually got to see my first live show in Detroit last month! <3

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:48 pm

BMFritters wrote:I absolutely LOOOOVE WTNV :)! I've been listening to it for about a year or so now and I actually got to see my first live show in Detroit last month! <3
:o That's awesome!
I just finished listening to all the free episodes and now I'm not sure what to do with my life… I guess I could buy Condos.
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

BMFritters
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by BMFritters » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:24 pm

Valravn wrote:
BMFritters wrote:I absolutely LOOOOVE WTNV :)! I've been listening to it for about a year or so now and I actually got to see my first live show in Detroit last month! <3
:o That's awesome!
I just finished listening to all the free episodes and now I'm not sure what to do with my life… I guess I could buy Condos.
Yeah, I've been thinking about picking it up, too - sometimes the wait between episodes is a real killer, lmao!

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Thu May 01, 2014 3:30 pm

Just listened to Condos. It was great! It had the new Carlos actor. :D I really want to go to a live show now.

Korinne
コリン

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Thu May 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Oh neat. Thanks for this. I read most of Lovecraft's stuff when I was a teenager (eons ago!) This will be fun :D
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Thu May 01, 2014 6:01 pm

Hawthorne wrote:Oh neat. Thanks for this. I read most of Lovecraft's stuff when I was a teenager (eons ago!) This will be fun :D
:mrgreen:

There's also a WTNV twitter account that posts some good stuff. Reading it helps ease the pain of waiting for the next episode. Here's a teaser.

Korinne
コリン

BMFritters
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by BMFritters » Fri May 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Valravn wrote:Just listened to Condos. It was great! It had the new Carlos actor. :D I really want to go to a live show now.
Yeah, Carlos' actor was there when I went to the show in Detroit in March, too! <3 I really wasn't sure what to expect, but it was SO great. I really recommend that you jump on the chance, if the opportunity arises! It had the same wit and charm, live music, some great audience interaction - ugh, I really want to go to another, hahaha..definitely go when/if you can! :)

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Thu May 15, 2014 7:02 am

Sooo episode 47 just came out… I don't think I've ever flipped off my computer before. :evil:

Korinne
コリン

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Eventide » Tue May 20, 2014 1:00 am

Okay, someone explain to me how I can "get it." I'm way down south and east here in Maryland, and very computer illiterate :roll:

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Tue May 20, 2014 4:28 am

Eventide wrote:Okay, someone explain to me how I can "get it." I'm way down south and east here in Maryland, and very computer illiterate :roll:
It's free on itunes. You can also get it on Stitcher, Libsyn, Feedburner, and Soundcloud. Their website is http://commonplacebooks.com/.

Korinne
コリン