A Phantom at Home (and my coming out)

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

A Phantom at Home (and my coming out)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:28 pm

A Phantom at Home

So over the last two years I have hardly come on this forum. However, since this summer will be my last semester in school and possibly my first time going into the fashion marketing industry as who I really am, I decided to share the poem that I wrote a few weeks ago. Below highlights the experiences of both mine and a few of my close friends in Toronto. I've already read it out to the EGale, Elizabeth Fry (a woman's rights organization) and the Trans Fusion sub-group of Toronto's Supporting Our Youth organizations before publishing it but I always caution my audiences ahead of time that the situations highlighted in the poem does not speak for all transgender people but rather a reflection of my own personal struggles along with the experiences of a few specific individuals. Nonetheless, I wrote with the goal of reminding many other members of the LGBTQIA+ that our world IS changing and there is hope out there.
Phantom at Home.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.