Most wolf like "Dog"

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
DLLK1
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Most wolf like "Dog"

Post by DLLK1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi, I'm new :lol:
I have always loved Tamaskans, mostly for the wolf like look without the wolf part. But I'm wondering are they really the most wolf like dog?

In your opinion what is the most wolf looking dog breed out there? "Talking about the Gray wolf" Also wolf-dogs/hybrids don't count,

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Most wolf like "Dog"

Post by Tiantai » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:07 pm

In my honest opinion, no, I no longer see that much resemblances to actual wolves in the Tamaskan. However, it may also depend on WHICH species or subspecies of wolf that you compare the breed with. Certain regional ecomorph variations of wolves are smaller than a lot of large breeds of dogs, including Tamaskans. Arabian wolves, for example, resemble some medium-sized spitz dogs than their northern counter-parts.

Unfortunately, I hate to burst your bubbles but there is wolf-content in some lines of the Tamaskan breed as revealed in this thread from four years ago:

http://tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3164

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:37 am

As it is now, there really are not any breeds that come very close to wolfiness. In my opinion, Tamaskans resemble closer to lower content wolfdogs than they do wolves. The breed still has a long way to go.

In my opinion, compared to other "wolf look-alike" breeds, I do find the Tamaskan to be the "wolfiest" of the others.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:14 pm

Of all the dog breeds (aside from Saarloos and CSV) I think the Tamaskan is the most "wolf like" in terms of appearance. :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.