Tamaskan recall and a little obedience

A place to share your links to videos of Tamaskan Dogs or wolves (YouTube, etc.)
Post Reply
User avatar
Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1205
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 1:08 am
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands

Tamaskan recall and a little obedience

Post by Gaby » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:21 am

I've made some video's today from Mila. In two of them you can see her recall and how it is normally, if there are no running bunny's, cats, deers or sheep around. (This is the topic about the hunting she does: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2670) Rhodin, my other dog, was there too, so he is trying his best to score some cookies too. :lol:

Image

I don't know how you can turn the video, so I think you have to tilt your head, sorry! (If somebody does, please tell me!)

Image

And this is 'sit', 'lie down' and go back to 'sit' at a little distance. Typical Mila, the second time it was already boring and I had to say it twice. :lol:

Image

User avatar
Canadia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:16 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: Tamaskan recall and a little obedience

Post by Canadia » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:06 pm

Good girl Mila! Finch is exactly the same - when there are no distractions he is brilliant but the second he sees something else I don't exist and my treats don't taste nearly as good :lol: His hunting instinct is a little wonky though - he finally caught something a few days ago - a mouse - and just tossed it up in the air and caught it again and again like it was a tennis ball and then let it go. Poor little guy... ;)

User avatar
JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2535
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Tamaskan recall and a little obedience

Post by JulieSmith » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:35 pm

Saga is the same, recall great when there are no distractions, but not so good if there are other dogs around, although the other day for the first time she came to me going past another dog without diverting to say hi, so maybe there is hope :lol:

Saga started off catching mice then letting them go, although they were not always alive when she got fed up :( :oops: now she eats them :roll:

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Tamaskan recall and a little obedience

Post by Nino » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:45 pm

I'll try to show you at some point.. how "well" Sølve does..

She is great.. well no.. not at all lol.. or rather very rare..
So I try not to call her too much cause I know she will ignore it, but I try to whistle a certain way when I want her to come closer or stop going farer away (she will normally stay fairly near me so that's no problem), she's not too bad at following other dogs anymore but I will have to intensify her training when I have more time with her.. only a week this past week when I was home with her she did much better with stay, down, sit and heel both at home but also on a long leash when out walking her - even with distraction (to anyone that might not know, she lives temporarily with my parents because of problems with a neighbour that meant I had to move away for my own and Sølves health)
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3039
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 am
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA (for now)
Contact:

Re: Tamaskan recall and a little obedience

Post by AZDehlin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:36 am

Mila's recall is better than Zephyr's in those video's... I will take some video when I take Zephyr to the fenced Rugby fields to play at some point this week.

User avatar
AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:29 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Tamaskan recall and a little obedience

Post by AngieH » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:55 am

I love how you call her with a song-like voice! It's so pleasant but it also carries well. She responds beautifully!
One's horizon shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.
~Nin

User avatar
Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1205
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 1:08 am
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands

Re: Tamaskan recall and a little obedience

Post by Gaby » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:31 pm

Canadia wrote:Good girl Mila! Finch is exactly the same - when there are no distractions he is brilliant but the second he sees something else I don't exist and my treats don't taste nearly as good :lol: His hunting instinct is a little wonky though - he finally caught something a few days ago - a mouse - and just tossed it up in the air and caught it again and again like it was a tennis ball and then let it go. Poor little guy... ;)
Ah, poor mouse! Hope he survived.

Mila does it good with most distractions too fortunately, like dogs, joggers, horses, bikes, etc. We are working on birds and she comes back most of the times. Only animals like cats, deers, hare and sheep are very difficult.
JulieSmith wrote:Saga is the same, recall great when there are no distractions, but not so good if there are other dogs around, although the other day for the first time she came to me going past another dog without diverting to say hi, so maybe there is hope :lol:

Saga started off catching mice then letting them go, although they were not always alive when she got fed up :( :oops: now she eats them :roll:
"Nice BARF treat" is what she probably is thinking. :lol: But it's better to eat them than to leave them injured I think. Hope for the mice she won't catch to many. :lol:
Nino wrote:I'll try to show you at some point.. how "well" Sølve does..

She is great.. well no.. not at all lol.. or rather very rare..
So I try not to call her too much cause I know she will ignore it, but I try to whistle a certain way when I want her to come closer or stop going farer away (she will normally stay fairly near me so that's no problem), she's not too bad at following other dogs anymore but I will have to intensify her training when I have more time with her.. only a week this past week when I was home with her she did much better with stay, down, sit and heel both at home but also on a long leash when out walking her - even with distraction (to anyone that might not know, she lives temporarily with my parents because of problems with a neighbour that meant I had to move away for my own and Sølves health)
I saw her walking off leash at the photo's with Matsi though! Nice! Are you making progress?
AZDehlin wrote:Mila's recall is better than Zephyr's in those video's... I will take some video when I take Zephyr to the fenced Rugby fields to play at some point this week.
Would be nice to see him running around! :D
AngieH wrote:I love how you call her with a song-like voice! It's so pleasant but it also carries well. She responds beautifully!
Well, thank you very much for your compliment! It does carry well, one of the reasons we picked that name. ;)

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Tamaskan recall and a little obedience

Post by Nino » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:34 am

Gaby wrote:
Nino wrote:I'll try to show you at some point.. how "well" Sølve does..

She is great.. well no.. not at all lol.. or rather very rare..
...
I saw her walking off leash at the photo's with Matsi though! Nice! Are you making progress?
With Matsi it was a fenced in area - the Dog Parks/Forests I visit (the one with Hellan is more a Park than a forest like the one I normally use) she did okay, although she did stay out of sight for a while longer than normal, something I didn't like (she met a group of dogs).

She got out without leash and collar twice this weekend - once because of her pulling her head out of the collar once because my dad didn't close the door :?
both times she stayed close when walking and I took her to my old school where she is normally put off leash due to the fenced in area.
I brought cheese with me second time, which she loves, so it wasn't a big problem getting her back.
>> Nino <<
Image

Post Reply