Jamie and Jim Dutcher- Living With Wolves

A place to share your links to videos of Tamaskan Dogs or wolves (YouTube, etc.)
wolfwoman
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Jamie and Jim Dutcher- Living With Wolves

Post by wolfwoman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:08 pm

Draw into the lives of wolves through the experience of Jim and Jamie Dutcher
and the wolf pack they lived with for six years.

http://docunet.nl/living-with-wolves/
http://www.vantaelsesluske.nl __ greetings Stefanie

JoaquimJoe
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Re: Jamie and Jim Dutcher- Living With Wolves

Post by JoaquimJoe » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Realy nice to see!!!
Don't appologise for your ancestry, but stand straight and be proud (Dogwisdom)

Nimwey
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nimwey » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:57 am

There is another documentary with them, here:
Mother Nature does not rule by fear and anger, but by calm strength and assertiveness - Cesar Millan

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Although I was touched by the documentary when I first watched it a few years ago, I just can't seem to get the "they are wild" feeling about the wolves when watching it in comparison to the "that's a wild animal" feeling that hits my mind when around the true wild Grey wolves (specifically the Hudson Bay wolves and the Buffalo wolves), Lower Coywolves (Eastern Coyotes), and Upper Coywolves (Eastern wolves) living by the various lakes here in Ontario that I've encountered. Might be due in part to the fact that we're told on and on that the Sawtooth pack grew up around Jim and lived next to him like neighbours. It's basically this, if I know that the wolves have grown up next to a human, they don't seem like true wild animals to me anymore even though they're still fascinating vs when I encounter (quite frequently) a wild wolf or Coywolf while hiking in the parks, lake sides, and even on some areas of the highways in Toronto and my instincts tell me "the animal is wild and nervous, better back off to avoid scaring it". Another thing is that the documentary does not mention the pack hunting down elks, as far as I've watched they've only showed the wolves being fed the food that were brought in by the humans. In the end, the documentary is still a very good entertainment and it does give some good insight about how the Mackenzie Valley wolves (one of the two subspecies that were used for the reintroduction in Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, etc) live and it does a good job in showing the family-oriented side of the wolf that is rarely understood by many. Even though I don't feel that these wolves are truly wild but that's just based on my encounters with the Coywolves here in the east, it's still a very good documentary to watch.