our doggies, 30 june 2013

A place to share your links to videos of Tamaskan Dogs or wolves (YouTube, etc.)
wolfwoman
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

our doggies, 30 june 2013

Post by wolfwoman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:37 am

http://www.vantaelsesluske.nl __ greetings Stefanie

wolfwoman
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Re: our doggies, 30 june 2013

Post by wolfwoman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:20 am

Kaylee, Csw-female, 5 years ols

Rayza, female Tamaskan Dog, 19 weeks old

Yukon, CsW-male, 2 years old

Balto
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Balto » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:43 pm

good looking dogs :)

what is the character of Chech Wolf dog like? how are the doing with other dogs in walks, are they obedient?

wolfwoman
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by wolfwoman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Balto wrote:good looking dogs :)

what is the character of Chech Wolf dog like? how are the doing with other dogs in walks, are they obedient?

The Czechoslovak Wolfdog is lively, very active, capable of endurance, docile with quick reactions. It is fearless, courageous, suspicious, yet does not attack without cause. It shows tremendous loyalty towards its master. Resistant to weather conditions. Versatile in his use. The Czechoslovakian Wolfdog is very playful. Without proper leadership it can be temperamental. It learns easily. We can admire its all-around qualities rather than its specialization. However, we should not expect it should train spontaneously; the behavior of the CsV is strictly purposeful—it is necessary to find motivation for training. The most frequent cause of failure is usually the fact that the human is not as strong-minded as the dog, lacking leadership and/or the dog is tired out with long, useless repetitions of the same exercise, which results in the loss of motivation. These dogs have admirable senses and are very good at following trails. They are really independent and can cooperate in the pack with a special purposefulness. If required, they can easily shift their activity to the night hours. The independent work of the pack without the necessary control of a man was the reason for their use in the army. Sometimes problems can occur during their training when barking is required. Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs have a much wider range of means of expressing themselves and in some situations barking is unnatural for them; they try to communicate with their masters in other ways. Generally, to teach CsVs stable and reliable performance takes a bit more time than it does to teach traditional specialized breeds. The Czechoslovakian Wolfdog can be a bit dog aggressive if the humans are not displaying the proper authority. It is not generally trustworthy with other pets. It is usually good with children, but suspicious and watchful with strangers.

Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Tana » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Nice photos!

How is their prey drive? Motivation for trainings with balls, toys? I belive the best motivation for them is food...Do you know any CsV trained for search and rescue?

Balto
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Balto » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:03 am

one guy from our mountain rescue service plans to get ChW for his pet and then try to do search and rescue training.. im really curious how will that work..

wolfwoman
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by wolfwoman » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:50 am

The videos below speak for themselves
If you watch them you probably have your questions answered ;-)

Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Tana » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Thank you :) It is nice to see all very well trained and behaved CSWs :D
Balto wrote:one guy from our mountain rescue service plans to get ChW for his pet and then try to do search and rescue training.. im really curious how will that work..
Me too...I have heard that one SAR tranied CSW once grabbed helper's neck at rehearsal or somewhere, because he or she didn't get his/her reward quickly enough. Became so frustrated. Fortunately the helper remained calm and nothing serious has happened. I think this was only CSW for SAR work in our rescue service.

Balto
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Balto » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:39 pm

i know for few malinois that bite the helper, not their first nor the last time they did that..

Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Tana » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:34 pm

Yes, malinois are known for the fact that (may) start " to touch" the helpers. I am training my malinois for SAR as well. But, I don't have experiences with CSWs in this type of work, so that's why I am ask.

As I talked with one of the owners, he said you never know how CSW will react, like wolf or dog in particular situation. That they still can be quite unpredictable, despite the selection. For work, I suppose, better performance by those with a more "doggish" character.