Exercising with lasers

A place to share your links to videos of Tamaskan Dogs or wolves (YouTube, etc.)
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Exercising with lasers

Post by Katlin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:59 am

I have had some neck trouble recently which makes it fairly difficult to throw Wylie's rubber toys for fetch. He's also be rather bad with his prey drive recently so I can't let him play chase with Sam because he gets too far away. I had tried a horse dressage whip with a piece of cloth tied to it and he loved so so much he destroyed it lol! We discovered by accident that he LOVES lasers, it's the best game ever for him and he looks forwards to it every night. He gets to "catch it" when we're done and gets treats so he knows that the game is done and he's "killed" the laser. I have to let the leash trail behind him in case he sees an animal and I have to grab him quickly.

Enjoy :)

Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Exercising with lasers

Post by arianwenarie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Sorry to hear about your neck. :( Hope you recover soon!

Cute video...Do you trail the laser in front of you to grab his leash when you're done? Also, are you throwing the ball for him or using a Chuck-It? I learned the proper way to fling a ball with a Chuck-It a couple years ago...it's just a flick of the wrist. XD

A friend of mine used to do the laser thing with her Staffie mix for kicks until his prey drive went through the roof...she ended up ditching the laser, buying a treadmill and having him walk on the treadmill while she watches TV in the evenings. lol.

I want to get a treadmill for Abby because I don't have the stamina to take her for long walks... :oops:

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Wylie's prey drive is already as bad as it gets, he chases anything and everything and I have no room for anything else like a treadmill at the moment.

I had a chuckit, but Wylie loses interest after 2-3 throws. This keeps his attention and he really enjoys running with it. His tail just GOES when I bring it out. The leash stays on at all times, then when he's done I let him "catch and kill" the laser and then grab his leash, otherwise he'll keep playing and he'll rip the leash from my hand :P
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:34 pm

Katlin wrote:Wylie's prey drive is already as bad as it gets, he chases anything and everything and I have no room for anything else like a treadmill at the moment.

I had a chuckit, but Wylie loses interest after 2-3 throws. This keeps his attention and he really enjoys running with it. His tail just GOES when I bring it out. The leash stays on at all times, then when he's done I let him "catch and kill" the laser and then grab his leash, otherwise he'll keep playing and he'll rip the leash from my hand :P
LOL. But he stays interested in rubber toys being thrown? I don't get it. :lol:

My friend got rid of one of the sectionals of her couch to put a treadmill in her living room...now, her couch looks funny. I'm going to have trouble fitting in a treadmill in my townhome - it's going to have to go right by the front door since I'm also bringing in my piano. D: