The Wolfman from Croatia

A place to share your links to videos of Tamaskan Dogs or wolves (YouTube, etc.)
Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

The Wolfman from Croatia

Post by Tana » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:51 pm

Fascinating story, so close to us but I've never heard of it/him before...

The Diary of Paul Balenovic:
"The real life story of a man's relationship with a wolf pack. Documentary with drama sequences illustrating events in my own life. I hand-reared wolves and then re-introduced them into the wild. Filmed in and around Zagreb and the Velebit Mountains in Croatia."

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Re: The Wolfman from Croatia

Post by balto13 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Tana wrote:Fascinating story, so close to us but I've never heard of it/him before...

The Diary of Paul Balenovic:
"The real life story of a man's relationship with a wolf pack. Documentary with drama sequences illustrating events in my own life. I hand-reared wolves and then re-introduced them into the wild. Filmed in and around Zagreb and the Velebit Mountains in Croatia."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMvcmjRQaGY
so, some people found a wolves den, took the pups and sold them? :? :cry: and this pup was less than a month old? :shock:

Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Tana » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:41 pm

Yap :? I understand that times were tough but selling wolf pups is really not something I would support. Poor animals. I am wondering what happened with the White sock...is he back in the wild, who knows...

Balto
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Balto » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:18 pm

i heard this story about Lik long time ago, but didnt seen the documentary.. thanks Tana for sharing :)

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:45 pm

Great documentary, thanks for sharing! :D
Lik... cute name... "dude" haha
Tana wrote:Yap :? I understand that times were tough but selling wolf pups is really not something I would support. Poor animals.
Yep... it's illegal these days (here in Croatia) as wolves are now protected, but I know of people in Bosnia who sell wolf pups (either wild caught or captive bred)... the police know about it, but don't care. :?
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.