New outcrosses?

All topics pertaining to mating and whelping, as well as upcoming / planned litters.
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: New outcrosses?

Post by Booma » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:23 pm

Someone just sent 3 csv to Australia? I was told they could not be imported here. I'd love to find out who imported them!
Image Image

Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Tana » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:39 pm

I will ask the owner, who told me that.

Wolfsbane
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Wolfsbane » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Tana wrote:Nice example is Bobbi and his offspring. Owners can tell, if they are more challenging than average Tamaskan.
I can answer that question for you... speaking of my own girl Konah, and I don't want to brag but... she is probably one of the most well behaved Tamaskan in existence :mrgreen:
As a puppy she was hard work, because she was very 'late' with everything (potty trained after 1 year, car sick for the first 8 months or so, couldn't stay alone for a very long time etc.), this is something that you see in Saarloos also. But now that she is an adult... well everyone wants to take her home lol ;)
Her siblings are also really nice dogs!

Look!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1653

Ohh and she was the star in a theater play last month. She played a 'wolf' (of course!), who was send by a witch to hunt some men. So she had to run on stage at a certain time, in the direction of the actors who were digging in a marsh, and chase them off the stage. We had to do 12 shows in total, sometimes two shows on one day. There were 100+ strange people in weird clothes, making a lot of noise and strange movements. There were fire and steam effects, loud music, sheep and horses. There were stage attributes, public making noise (applauding), and everyone wanted to pet her! Well she did amazing :D
She even recognized her own cue after a few shows (start of music and growling), so you could just let her sit and she would knew exactly when she had to run up the stage and off again. The whole crew and public LOVED her, they all wanted to steal her :P

Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Tana » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks for your input, Rahne. I never doubted Konah is a nice girl ;)
Wolfsbane wrote:As a puppy she was hard work, because she was very 'late' with everything (potty trained after 1 year, car sick for the first 8 months or so, couldn't stay alone for a very long time etc.), this is something that you see in Saarloos also.
Yea, I think because CSW need extra nice socialization and hard work at the beginning, puppies Tam/CSW would need dedication and a lot of time in their first year. And I also have the same experience with Tana. Not about potty training, car sickness but about SA, destructiveness and all "naughty puppy behaviour". But now she is very well behaved and everyone say how good girl she is. You really need to input a lot of dedication and time in the first year of puppy training and then you have an amazing companion for the next 15 years or so.
Wolfsbane wrote:Ohh and she was the star in a theater play last month. She played a 'wolf' (of course!), who was send by a witch to hunt some men. So she had to run on stage at a certain time, in the direction of the actors who were digging in a marsh, and chase them off the stage. We had to do 12 shows in total, sometimes two shows on one day. There were 100+ strange people in weird clothes, making a lot of noise and strange movements. There were fire and steam effects, loud music, sheep and horses. There were stage attributes, public making noise (applauding), and everyone wanted to pet her! Well she did amazing :D
She even recognized her own cue after a few shows (start of music and growling), so you could just let her sit and she would knew exactly when she had to run up the stage and off again. The whole crew and public LOVED her, they all wanted to steal her :P
Ha here is the new purpose of the Tamaskan, to be a theater actor :lol: Good job Konah! (I want to steal you too :P )

Morgan
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Morgan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:24 am

Is anyone posting here any more? did this conversation move somewhere else? Thanks!

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:06 am

Threads stop and start sometimes for no apparent reason.

Some of the conversation has moved into some of the Facebook groups (I cannot fathom why given the software, but many people find it convenient to believe in a flat earth, too, and unless you're an airline pilot or some such local flatness and global flatness appear interchangeable)

Sometimes, other threads pick up the topic.

Part of it may be the fact that now we've finally achieved breed recognition, we're entering a "consolidation" phase where we pause and figure things out before the next round of actions.

See especially, Future of the Breed and the Breeding forum in general

Hang in there, we're pulling for you.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com

wolfwoman
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by wolfwoman » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:17 am

Outcross in the Netherlands is born
CsW x Tamaskan
van 't Aelse Sluske

see this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=5163
http://www.vantaelsesluske.nl __ greetings Stefanie

rosemont
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by rosemont » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:50 am

I know that a couple of outcross litters have used Points Unknown Arrow but I wondered if anyone has been looking into Griffin at Points Unknown? He's stunning (and from a completely different line from Arrow as far as I can tell) I think he recently turned 1 so he could be one to keep an eye on in the future

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:33 am

Griffin looks stunning!! Isn't Chetan (his dam) litter sibling to Arrow though? I was on Points Unknown's website and saw Tikan (Arrow's daughter) - very beautiful as well. :)

rosemont
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by rosemont » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:41 am

arianwenarie wrote: Isn't Chetan (his dam) litter sibling to Arrow though?
ah yeah, I missed that because I saw that Griffin's dam was from another kennel, I didn't realise she was originally a Points Unknown dog. He could still be usable though if someone was willing to do his health tests and if Points Unknown are happy with him being an outcross stud? Him and his full sister are beautiful.

Vajente
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Vajente » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:27 pm

He is gorgeous but the main reason to outcross is to get new blood. I would rather use a dog that is less pretty but has more new blood to offer

rosemont
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by rosemont » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:24 pm

Yeah I guess. In that case Points Unknown is probably off the table after the use of Arrow, nearly all their dogs seem related, and other Alaskan Husky breeders like Utkousa are also using the same dogs (they recently had a litter from Miss Squish, who's dam is Arrow's litter mate, Irish).

Vajente
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Vajente » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:59 pm

They might be interesting agian a few years from now but for now 2 dogs(Arrow and Teyah) out of the same lines is enough imho

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:39 pm

What other breeds are being considered for outcrosses in the US? Or are we waiting to see how the current outcross pups turn out before adding more outcrosses?

wolfwoman
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by wolfwoman » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Outcross litter in the Netherlands born:
Tamaska/German Sheperd x Tamaskan.

see topic: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=5291
http://www.vantaelsesluske.nl __ greetings Stefanie

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Just wondering if anyone has considered Miss Squish or one of her puppies via Gunsmoke as an outcross? You can find pictures of them on Uktousa's fb page. The black puppies are so beautiful! <3
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

Vajente
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Vajente » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Miss Squish is full sister to Teyah@moondance and closely related to Arrow. Adding a third dog from the same lines won't help the breed.

ursus71
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by ursus71 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:47 pm

How many new Foundation Dogs for Outcrosses are planned? At the moment there are 14 bloodlines, rather than the 5 (?) before 2012.
Is it thought that these 14 are not all passed on, or should others be added?

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:31 pm

my bitch has recently been accepted as an outcross and I have a litter planned this year. At least one puppy will go to a breeding home (as long as a breeding quality bitch is born lol).
Image Image