Greetings from Germany!

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Greetings from Germany!

Post by Tatzel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:46 am

Hello everyone!

Someone on youtube told me about this forum when she was awnsering my questions regarding Tamaskan dogs, and I'm happy to have joined!
I already went through a few topics and I love what I'm reading so far!

I'd really love to have a Tamaskan myself one day.
Right now I'm still a student though and lack time, space and money to actually be able to take care of a dog decently.

I tried to keep a dog last year but it didn't really work out.
I got a 8 weeks old husky/shepherd mix puppy from a bad owner, and things were great, except that I felt like needing to leave him in my 1 room flat way too often for school, and I figured that I don't really have a budget for vet bills and additonal costs. Also the husky in him made him quite a handful to train, although I have to say he did hear very well!

So I found a new and happy home for him nearby (he lives 2 houses next to mine together with a family with 2 kids and an older mastiff mixed breed bitch who has raised puppies before), and I still visit him every now and then to see how he and his new family are doing :)

I grew up with dogs and we usually always had mutts, and I'm really missing the company of a dog these days.
I love dog breeds which have triangular ears and a general wolf-like feeling to them, and I was happy to hear that Tamaskan dogs are not as much of a handful as Huskies are or can be.

Basically I'm here to inform myself more about the breed and what they need to be happy and healthy dogs :D

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Greetings from Germany!

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:08 am

hi and welcome... hope you find all the info you are looking for, everyone hear is very helpful :P it must be nice for you to still be able to visit your husky x from time to time...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:12 am

Thank you! :D

And yes, I am! I would have not given him away if I wouldn't have been sure he would go to an excellent home!
Whenever I come over he is still very happy to see me, as I am when I see him :)

Here is a photo of him and Sunny, the mastiff mutt from when I visited them last time. He's around 8 months old now I think.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:43 am

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:55 am

Welcome aboard the Tamaskan forum,

I am Lucas Fáng from Canada, nice to meet you. Hope to hear more about you and your dogs in the future. I understand what you mean by your Husky Shepherd being a handful. My Snoopy who is part Husky and part Malamute was a big problem at times to me and my grandfather when he was younger and sometimes while visiting he got me and my relatives into so much trouble from leaping over a very tall fence that no humans could run over to roaming in parks and tiny forest valleys while no one else was at home. But with patience, you'll eventually learn better ways to live up to your two dogs' needs. I also have countless experiences with raising chihuahuas, Russian Toy Terriers, one pug, and a Songshi Chuan.

Anyways, that was one long intro but I hope to see you soon
Take care of your two beautiful dogs :D

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:08 am

Welcome :D

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Welcome. It must have been a hard decision to rehome your pup, especially as you had rescued him, but it sounds like you did the best thing and found him a loving home where you could still have contact. I am sure when the time is right you will offer a lovely home to a lucky Tamaskan. There is the Euro Tamaskan show coming up, the shows are a great way to meet the breed, just prepare to become addicted :lol:

Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Ciaobella » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:10 pm

Welcome! :D
Katurah

Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Lynwae » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi and welcome :D

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:12 pm

Welcome to the forum :)
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Tinuviel
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tinuviel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi and welcome to this Forum. :mrgreen:

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Thank you for the warm and lovely welcomes, everyone! :D

@ fangjingtuanlucas: Oh my! A friend has told me that malamute have a tendency to be more stubborn or doing even more of their own thing than huskies! I hope your dog has calmed donw a little and is trying to be a better part of your family now :) - oh, and these aren't my dogs, they belong to the neighbours I was talking about, but the one in the front used to be mine

@ JulieSmith: Yes, it was a very hard descission. I remember being quite frustrated when I figured that I can't keep him because neighbours were complaining about him howling when I had to leave him behind for a few hours. I've met his new owner by sheer coincidence when I was walking him out one evening and got into a conversation with her (she mentioned she needs a new dog for work, she works as security guard in a park and her mastiff dog had a fit of apoplexy and wasn't able to work anymore, so I told her I was actually looking for a new home for Leo, and that's how things went)
I had tried to find a new home for him via internet before but only one person showed up and he wanted him as guard dog for their workshop and they had no idea about dogs (or the need of the breed), so I refused them.

Also that sounds great! Maybe I can come by when the show is held. Are there any dates out yet to when and where it's held?

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:55 pm

Tatzel wrote:Thank you for the warm and lovely welcomes, everyone! :D

@ fangjingtuanlucas: Oh my! A friend has told me that malamute have a tendency to be more stubborn or doing even more of their own thing than huskies! I hope your dog has calmed donw a little and is trying to be a better part of your family now :) - oh, and these aren't my dogs, they belong to the neighbours I was talking about, but the one in the front used to be mine
Oh don't worry, Snoopy doesn't cause those problems anymore now. He's an old dog now, 16 years of age, though he can still trot around very fast, just not do anymore of those stunts that he did when he was younger. Malamutes and huskies are all stubborn because they're smart dogs but I personally think the level of stubbornness is more personality-related than breed-related. Few Malamutes I've met weren't as stubborn as Snoopy.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:03 pm

Yeah, I have heard from other husky or malamute owners that their dogs are nothing like a typical husky (can be let off leash and are recall-able, are more focused on their owners but surroundings and so forth)

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Tatzel wrote:Thank you for the warm and lovely welcomes, everyone! :D

@ JulieSmith: Yes, it was a very hard descission. I remember being quite frustrated when I figured that I can't keep him because neighbours were complaining about him howling when I had to leave him behind for a few hours. I've met his new owner by sheer coincidence when I was walking him out one evening and got into a conversation with her (she mentioned she needs a new dog for work, she works as security guard in a park and her mastiff dog had a fit of apoplexy and wasn't able to work anymore, so I told her I was actually looking for a new home for Leo, and that's how things went)
I had tried to find a new home for him via internet before but only one person showed up and he wanted him as guard dog for their workshop and they had no idea about dogs (or the need of the breed), so I refused them.

Also that sounds great! Maybe I can come by when the show is held. Are there any dates out yet to when and where it's held?
The show dates and details should be in the future events section. If I was on the PC I would put a link here for you, but I am on my phone.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D
Tatzel wrote:Also that sounds great! Maybe I can come by when the show is held. Are there any dates out yet to when and where it's held?
I believe this year's Euro Tamaskan show will be held on June 9th at the same location as last year's show: Rosendahl-Osterwick (Germany).
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:19 pm

Sylvaen wrote:Welcome to the forum! :D
Tatzel wrote:Also that sounds great! Maybe I can come by when the show is held. Are there any dates out yet to when and where it's held?
I believe this year's Euro Tamaskan show will be held on June 9th at the same location as last year's show: Rosendahl-Osterwick (Germany).
Thank you!
Rosendahl-Osterwick is pretty far away from Berlin and I'm tight on money, I don't think I'll be able to make it this year, but there's always a next year!

RCPaws
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by RCPaws » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Welcome :) I saw in your picture you had a Julius K9 Vest.....Do you like it? I was was looking to buy one but they are hard to find in the states.

RC Paws
Montana

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nikola1985Ghaeltacht » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi!!! :D
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi welcome :D

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:38 am

RCPaws wrote:Welcome :) I saw in your picture you had a Julius K9 Vest.....Do you like it? I was was looking to buy one but they are hard to find in the states.
I don't know, it's the dog of a neighbour who's wearing it, but as far as I can tell they seem very firm and solid, and I like that they have a shoulder pad.
I can ask the lady who owns them next time I go there what she thinks of the K9 vest :)

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:20 am

Welcome to the Forum :)