Hello from British Columbia!

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
highasakite
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Hello from British Columbia!

Post by highasakite » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:39 pm

Hello everyone my names Danielle, and I've been stalking this forum for a few days before deciding to post in here. Currently I do not have a Tam, but I hope to have one in the future! I'll also be moving to Alberta in the next few months, as I plan on going to University starting in January.

I do currently have a dog! Her name is Madi and she is a Border Collie/German Shepherd/Husky cross! She's very sweet, and energetic, with a stubborn streak stuck in there! She turned two years old this year, and despite the breeds she weighs only 34 pounds. One of her brothers weighs 70 pounds though, so I believe Madi just got the shorter stick.

She's a super good dog, and definitely one of my bestest friends.

Her neck has fluffed out a lot more now than in this picture!

She loves to do a lot of different energetic activities, including fetch (her favourite), swimming, hiking, and running about!

And quite affectionate to those she knows and loves!

I also do have a leopard gecko named Conner, whom is about three years old now, and my mom has a dog, but that's it! Since I'll be moving out fairly soon, next year I hope to get ferrets (I have plans, I want a trio with a dark eyed white an albino and a sable mitt) but if that's not possible (and it probably isn't) I'd love to adopt a pair, and that's more than likely the route I'll be taking.

Since I'll be in an apartment with Madi and Conner, I won't (shouldn't) get another dog. Hopefully, I'll also get ball pythons as well as the ferrets, and when I get some more money, I hope to rent a small house or basement suite! At this point, I'd love to get a Tamaskan puppy! I'd then love to get an ANCD puppy, and in the near future after that I want to get a Blue Bay Shepherd puppy! All in the works, and I'd also love a second Tamaskan at some point.

I also don't know a lot about Tamskan bloodlines and what-not but I really want to learn! So if someone could direct me to somewhere I could read about different strains and different dogs that would be great!

Thanks for reading! I hope to learn much more about Tamaskan Dogs so that when I do get one I'm very well informed!

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Hello from British Columbia!

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Hello Danielle, welcome to the forum! Madi is cute, please do share more photos of her and Conner in the Other Pets section! :D

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:00 pm

Hello and Welcome! I live in Alberta (Calgary)...we have some pretty good universities here. If you're by Calgary then don't hesitate to drop a line, I have Wylie (a TDR tam) that loves to meet new people and pups :)

http://www.tamaskan-dog.org/breed-info/foundation-dogs/
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

highasakite
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by highasakite » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:50 am

Oh awesome! I'm actually moving to Lethbridge, but I'd love to come meet Wylie some day! Hopefully before I get a Tam so I know what I'm getting myself into :P.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:05 am

About 1.5 hours away. UofL is really nice, it has a pretty good campus :)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

highasakite
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by highasakite » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:14 am

Yeah! It isn't ridiculously far! We went to see the campus not too long ago, and it was really nice! The reason I'm moving there is because it has the Ph.D program in Behaviour and Evolution!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:18 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D
I also used to live in Calgary. Alberta is nice but I would love to visit BC one day. :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

highasakite
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by highasakite » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Sylvaen wrote:Welcome to the forum! :D
I also used to live in Calgary. Alberta is nice but I would love to visit BC one day. :)
Thank you! BC is really beautiful, and I hope to move back here someday!

chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by chelle784 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:02 am

awww so beautiful - I love your girl! I heard Lethbridge is nice, I'm actually going to be there next month for a wedding - it's a shame I can't bring my tams with me so you could meet them!

highasakite
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by highasakite » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:42 pm

chelle784 wrote:awww so beautiful - I love your girl! I heard Lethbridge is nice, I'm actually going to be there next month for a wedding - it's a shame I can't bring my tams with me so you could meet them!
Thank you! And it is quite nice, I just miss the forests since it's so flat over there! Hah, yeah that would be pretty awesome. Have fun at the wedding though!

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:35 pm

chelle784 wrote:awww so beautiful - I love your girl! I heard Lethbridge is nice, I'm actually going to be there next month for a wedding - it's a shame I can't bring my tams with me so you could meet them!
You should drop by :) it's only an hour and a half drive ;)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters