Hello from Cardiff, Wales

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
kathrynRoux
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Hello from Cardiff, Wales

Post by kathrynRoux » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi there, we have just (pre) purchased a tam from Blufawn subject to our labradoodle getting along with him!

Can't wait to meet other tams and exchange advice and tips.

We already love going to shows, we have been to one today and came 2nd and 3rd with the doodle.

A quick intro about us is we are a couple from Cardiff (st mellons for any other locals) and we have a mini labradoodle called Toby and I have been following this breed since it started in 2006 and have just been waiting for the right time! So excited to come across Jennie's latest litter a few days ago.

Nice to meet you all,
Kathryn, Gareth and Toby

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Hello from Cardiff, Wales

Post by Katlin » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Welcome to the forum. You'll have to post pictures of your puppy :) Although he/she won't be registered with the real TDR, we don't discriminate here. Puppies are puppies and all members are welcome to share their stories with them :)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN @ Polarose

kathrynRoux
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by kathrynRoux » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:42 pm

oh sorry, i assumed they would be registered with the TDR as i thought Blufawn was a TDR registered breeder. Sorry must have misunderstood

Pup arrives in 8 weeksish, will post photos as soon as i can

K G T

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:10 am

Hi, welcome to the forum! Blufawn (and Blustag) unfortunately claim that they are the TDR when they actually have been removed from the real TDR after some information about them had come to light. The real TDR site is a non-profit company (SC430781) registered in the UK. http://www.tamaskan-dog.org/
You can learn more about Blustag and Blufawn on this site (near the bottom) http://www.tamaskansagainstpuppymills.c ... list/c16bq
Your pup may not even be full Tamaskan, but we would still love to see photos and hear of it growing up!

kathrynRoux
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by kathrynRoux » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:35 pm

Well after looking in to it further we have decided not to buy him, if any one knows of any puppies due this year in the UK though we would love to know, as I said we've been waiting to get one for years and years.
Very disappointed at this time :(

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:18 pm

That's excellent to hear! Better to wait a little longer for a healthy puppy. Debby (Sylvaen) is in Croatia, maybe she can help? http://www.sylvaen.com/
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN @ Polarose

kathrynRoux
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by kathrynRoux » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:04 pm

Thank you for your help with that, looks really good, 2 litters coming up.
Do you know what the usual price is and what the rules are re importing dogs?!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D
I got your email and FB message (thanks!) and will reply in more detail. :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to the (extended) family!

May your time with your Tamaskan be as wonderful as mine has been with my Kona!

Mark
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com

kathrynRoux
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by kathrynRoux » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:33 am

Thanks Firleymj! We're excited to be a part of the extended family haha!

Hi Sylvaen, thanks for letting me know, we're looking forward to hearing from you! Let me know if you need more info off us :D :D :D :D

Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Lynwae » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:41 am

Hello and welcome :)

kathrynRoux
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by kathrynRoux » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:46 am

@ Sylvaen
Sorry was also supposed to ask you in my application form if you knew what the quarantine rules were once they arrive in the UK??
I read on your website the other import rules and processes which is fine, but i was wondering if you knew any more.

Thanks for your help :)
Kath

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:12 pm

kathrynRoux wrote:Sorry was also supposed to ask you in my application form if you knew what the quarantine rules were once they arrive in the UK??
I read on your website the other import rules and processes which is fine, but i was wondering if you knew any more.
I already responded in the detailed email I sent last night but for others who might also be wondering about the UK import process (quarantine, etc):

The import process is very simple and straightforward and there is no quarantine period. :)
The EU recently changed pet transport laws, whereby puppies must be vaccinated against rabies at the age of 12 weeks old and then there is a 21 day waiting period until they can travel... this means that puppies can be legally imported into the UK at the minimum age of 15 weeks old. https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad

With regard to transport, there are various options... it is possible to drive by car to meet us halfway (in Germany) but this is a fairly long journey and with rising petrol costs (as well as tolls / vignettes / etc) it isn't always the most economical or practical solution. Your puppy could also fly by plane from Croatia directly to the UK (there are several direct flights each day and it is a very short 2.5 hour flight) though the cost of shipping via cargo is relatively expensive. Alternatively, it might even be cheaper to get a budget human ticket to fly over and bring your pup back with you (there are some very cheap flights between the UK and Croatia, depending on the airline and time of year) and if the puppy is traveling accompanied the cargo costs are significantly cheaper. As my family is based in the UK, it could also be an option for us to fly over with your pup to hand-deliver it to you, and simply combine the trip with visiting my family. There are various options so it all really depends on what is most convenient for you. :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.