Hello from California

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
Tardarsauce
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Hello from California

Post by Tardarsauce » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:03 pm

Hello everyone! I'm an animal enthusiast and Tamaskan lover hoping to adopt in the next 2-3 years. At the moment I don't have a home environment suitable for such a giant, lovable dog, but my boyfriend and I are hoping to buy a house in the next year or 2 here in the Central Valley of California. I know these dogs are hard to come by and are quite popular, so I was wondering if anyone can give me some advise as to when I should start contacting breeders and looking into wait lists? I've done some research and I will most likely try to adopt from either the 2 breeders in Oregon or the one in Bellevue, Washington. Does anyone have experience from these 3 breeders? If necessary, I'm willing to look at other breeders in the US, but the idea of shipping my pup makes me nervous. So if anyone has experience shipping theirs, I'd love to hear about it. I'm sure the next 2 years will be spend combing through this entire forum for information. Thanks!

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Hello from California

Post by Katlin » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:51 pm

Well I adopted from Sierra Tamaskan's first litter back when she was in California. She's excellent!

I would start contacting about a year before you want to have a puppy in the house. Any further ahead than that and you're going to be forgotten...but it's never to early to say hi and starting learning about the lines and litters that have been born already :)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN @ Polarose

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:49 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum! It's never to early to start chatting with breeders.

rhadamant
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by rhadamant » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:20 am

I live in far southern California and when I got my 2nd Tamaskan, it was also from Sierra Tamaskan (Just like Katlin, but 2nd litter) She's great. I just took a long weekend to drive up to Oregon (where she is now) rather than shipping. I did ship my first Tamaskan from Ontario CA to LAX, but only after reading about the safety of the shipping. Some airlines are nightmares, others aren't. As for breeders, there's only a handful within driving range of central CA I believe you named them all. I plan on breeding (if all her DNA-Hip/Elbow/Eye/DM scores check out) my oldest dog, but I'll probably not be living on the west coast when I do. If that isn't the case, I'll let you know.