Greetings from PennsylvaniaHi

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
lit6507
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Greetings from PennsylvaniaHi

Post by lit6507 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:07 am

Hi everyone. Looking at some of the pictures of everyone's Tamaskans I must say they are all gorgeous!! Been looking for a while now and just started applying for waiting lists for puppies so any help or suggestions with anything would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Greetings from PennsylvaniaHi

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum!

rhadamant
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by rhadamant » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:28 am

Hi Joe!

The breeder I got my first Tamaskan isn't geographically too far from you (Oslett Tamaskan) and Jessica (the breeder) was great! Because a lot of breeders have waiting lists it is best to get in touch with breeders early! The waiting lists aren't first come first serve, but since there are so few litters its best to feel out who's having litters near you as early as you can. What breeders have you contacted? What Tamaskan-like dogs have you owned/known?

-Ben

lit6507
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by lit6507 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the advice. I actually already contacted Oslett Tamaskan in regards to getting on their next litter waiting list along with majority of the other registered breeders in the U.S and abroad. How was the process of importing a puppy? Was it difficult/stressful to get everything in place and did you have any problems importing your Tamaskan?...I have had 2 Shepherds and a Husky so I suppose I am used to similar Tamaskan like dogs.

Thanks for all your help.

Joe

rhadamant
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by rhadamant » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:18 pm

Hey Joe,

Importing a puppy from Oslett was relatively easy. I showed up at the airport and headed to the Delta cargo bay. At this point I could hear Echo crying and whining, which was sad, but I had to fill out paperwork. Once I filled out some paperwork (2 pages or so) at Delta's Cargo area I headed over to US Customs and filled out a customs form for Echo. The form was quick and easy and I brought that back to Delta Cargo and they released Echo to me. The whole thing took about an hour. Echo had plastered her crate with poo, but I came prepared with jugs of water, trashbags and many rolls of paper towels. I think the hardest thing was making Echo feel comfortable while cleaning up. Picking up a dog is really a two person job.

I only asked about what breeders you contacted to make sure you know about the RPK drama so you can avoid getting involved in that.

lit6507
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by lit6507 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:43 am

Hey Ben,

Thanks for the insight and information. I have been trying to avoid unregistered breeders all together. I have got in contact with a few unintentionally, but after doing more research and reading other reviews have been able to avoid any issues or drama so far.

Thanks,

Joe

rhadamant
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by rhadamant » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:13 am

lit6507 wrote:Hey Ben,

Thanks for the insight and information. I have been trying to avoid unregistered breeders all together. I have got in contact with a few unintentionally, but after doing more research and reading other reviews have been able to avoid any issues or drama so far.

Thanks,

Joe
Yeah, trust me, I know. I was in your shoes before I got my first Tamaskan and I wish I had stumbled on this forum a lot earlier than I did.
That being said, the unregistered breeder websites screamed puppy mill to me as if they're not even concerned with hiding it. Any website that's like "ORDER YOUR PUPPY RIGHT NOW' has got to be milling them out. I really hope this isn't discouraging people, because I know I felt a little discouraged, but the effort and wait is well worth it.

*Orange husky mix obviously not a Tamaskan

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:51 am

Joe

Welcome to the Tamaskan community. May your experience here be as blessed as mine has been with this breed and the people who support them. :)

Mark
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com