Hello from Toronto!

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
hannahmeansgrace
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Hello from Toronto!

Post by hannahmeansgrace » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi there, everyone!

As a new owner of a Tamaskan, I've been reading through the old threads on this forum for a while. It's been super informative and I've appreciated all the education about the breed's development, etc. It was quite confusing at first trying to learn about Tamaskans online (since the first several Google search results on Tamaskans are the puppymill breeders) but this forum really helped me understand and feel very confident about getting a TDR registered puppy. :)

Anyways, I figured it was about time to introduce myself! My name is Hannah, I'm a writer and professional marketer by day, and now a puppy-trainer by night...cause crate-training. ;) Our puppy is Oslett's Al Hob Al Akhar (out of Sharayah and Sylvaen's Pikachu)--but her call name is "Halifax." We live in downtown Toronto for now, but will likely be moving back to the States in the next couple of years.

Looking forward to staying in the loop here!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ThePaperMonster
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Hello from Toronto!

Post by ThePaperMonster » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:00 pm

She is adorable! I'm a hopeful future Tamaskan owner myself. :) (and I agree these forums are very helpful!)

rhadamant
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by rhadamant » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Super cute! One of my Tamaskans is your puppy's half sister, Echo! (She's the one laying down) (Or the one in my profile picture)

http://i.imgur.com/dfJ9aI6.jpg

Echo was particularly hard to crate train, she's got a lot of separation anxiety. If that separation anxiety came from Sharayah and not Echo's father Jaeger, then you're likely going to have a pup that has a bit of separation anxiety too.

On the other hand Echo is super smart and very great around babies, children, people and dogs of all sizes, so socialization will probably not be that hard to do, likely another trait inherited from Sharayah.

Halifax probably won't exactly grow into those ears, Echo never did.

If you've got any questions about Halifax at all don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Ben

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Carlieofficial
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Carlieofficial » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Happy to see some of my Louie's siblings here on the forum! Welcome!

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:00 am

Welcome, well met.

May your girl give you the joy and wonder that my Kona has brought to my life.

May your times with her be long and healthy

May you always know the blessings of this remarkable breed

Mark
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com

hannahmeansgrace
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by hannahmeansgrace » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!
rhadamant wrote:Echo was particularly hard to crate train, she's got a lot of separation anxiety. If that separation anxiety came from Sharayah and not Echo's father Jaeger, then you're likely going to have a pup that has a bit of separation anxiety too.

On the other hand Echo is super smart and very great around babies, children, people and dogs of all sizes, so socialization will probably not be that hard to do, likely another trait inherited from Sharayah.
Thanks for the info! Echo has such an attentive look in that photo. She seems super intelligent.

Halifax is super smart--we only told her to "sit" twice before she seemed to understand it and (mostly) obey. Thankfully her separation anxiety seemed to have dissipated in the couple of days after she arrived...when she wants out of her crate, it seems only because she's crazy to PLAY. But it's great to know there are other siblings on this forum, and to see how they've flourished and grown.

Take care!

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:43 am

Welcome to the forum!