Hi from Orlando, FL!

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
Antilles
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Hi from Orlando, FL!

Post by Antilles » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi guys,

My name is Anthony, and I'm super happy to have stumbled upon this forum. I've wanted a Tamaskan for many years but it was never the right time. Well, the right time may be soon so I'm im hoping to find out more about the Tamaskan and where I may be able to find one from a reliable source. I've already been exposed to many frauds out there, and I'm finding it somewhat difficult to find a good source, especially from my area (Florida). Any help in this matter would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony

Carlieofficial
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Hi from Orlando, FL!

Post by Carlieofficial » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:37 pm

Hi Anthony, I just got my Tamaskan from Oslett last Monday and boy has our Louie been a joy. If you're looking for a breeder, just be sure to look for the ones that are TDR registered, there are some close to Florida. Tarheel is the one I can think of off the top of my head in North Carolina. I don't know if they are breeding soon though I know that Hawthorne has plans for November (if I'm correct) and Sylvaen has two litters planned to be born mid November if you don't mind importing. Just be sure to talk to as many breeders as you can about their dogs and future litters to find the colorings and temperaments you'd prefer (for example, a more energetic pup or a cuddly mellow pup.) Talking to breeders is one of the best ways I got information about this fantastic breed. Best of luck to you!

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:14 am

Hi Anthony, welcome to the forum!
I second Carlieofficial about talking to as many breeders as you can. Even if they are far away, they still give great advice and where one breeder might forget to say one thing, another breeder could mention it. Also if they feel pups from them may not be suitable to your needs, they are still happy to direct you to another breeder that they think might as breeders work together for the breed, not in competition with each other.

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:33 am

Welcome and well met! May your times with your Tamaskan be as joy filled and wonderful as mine has been with my Kona.
I could wish no greater blessing for you.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com