Hello! (Ohio)

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
CrownOfThorns
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Hello! (Ohio)

Post by CrownOfThorns » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Hey there!

Excited to join the community and continue to try to learn more about Tamaskans. I am a former athlete who currently has a full time office job, my fiancé is very into the outdoors (fishing, hunting) and I enjoy camping, atvs, etc. I have always been amazed by the beauty wolves and among my many tattoos is a beautiful wolf, but I consider myself a responsible and (try to be) an informed person. When I saw the Tamaskan I became very excited about the possibility of a wolf life appearance with the loving qualities of a domesticated dog.

My fiancé and I are currently looking at homes in rural areas with at least 1-2 acres of land. I want to try to learn as much as possible about the breed over the next year and then hopefully get on a waiting list. So hopefully in the near future I will find my 'Optimus'.

I do find several things about the breed shrouded in mystery/require some digging; as there is little video documentation on the breed or 'reviews' to watch as well as constantly seeing on the forums 'it varies from line to line' 'it varies from line to line', which basically makes it seem like a needle in a haystack to potentially find that 'perfect' Tamaskan. Throw in the whole some lines may have wolf genes some may not thing in there and it looks like I have a lot of research to do! I do notice some lines seem to have a little more Sheppard look to their head while others have a fuller wolfier look to them which I prefer.

I was also disappointed to see one of the breeders I initially read a lot about has a lot of negative reviews and information on here, glad I saw that.

Anyway, end rant.

Andrew

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Hello! (Ohio)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:15 am

Welcome to the forum! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:06 am

Hi there,

Yes it can seem like a lot to absorb, but you'll get there! Glad you found the correct resources for finding a Tamaskan puppy. Here's a good website as well -> http://www.tamaskansagainstpuppymills.com/

As for digging, my Tamaskans (Sierra Kaweah - Wylie) does not dig at all :) He did at first until I filled all his holes with rocks :lol:
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN @ Polarose

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:21 am

Welcome and well met!

May your quest for a Tamaskan be rewarded, and if you are worthy, may you find your Tamaskan as much a source of joy and wonder as my Kona is for me! There are few greater blessings, and I know!

With the warning that a science of single instances is no science at all, I invite you to read one dog's view of "Growing Up Tamaskan"
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4255&hilit=diary
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com

CrownOfThorns
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by CrownOfThorns » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:53 pm

Thanks all, seeming to get the gist of some of it scary so many misleading and fake sites out there for them.

CrownOfThorns
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by CrownOfThorns » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:57 pm

Katlin wrote:Hi there,

Yes it can seem like a lot to absorb, but you'll get there! Glad you found the correct resources for finding a Tamaskan puppy. Here's a good website as well -> http://www.tamaskansagainstpuppymills.com/

As for digging, my Tamaskans (Sierra Kaweah - Wylie) does not dig at all :) He did at first until I filled all his holes with rocks :lol:
I was looking for something like this! I wish it put Right Puppy and some of the fakes on blast but it gives enough info and shows the legit breeders so very nice! thanks