Hello from Massachusetts USA

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
JimGilpin
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Hello from Massachusetts USA

Post by JimGilpin » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:31 am

Hello from Norwell MA (20 miles south of Boston)

Our family is interested in the Tamaskan Breed. Our kids (15 & 13) have grown up with 3 Brittany dogs. We raised "Snoopy" and "Holden" from puppies. Snoopy was from New Hampshire and Holden was from Georgia. "Bodie" was a rescue dog from Maine. These lovely dogs are getting on in age. We have already lost Snoopy and Bodie is showing his age. Holden is the youngest and he is still going as strong as ever.

We live on a 30 acre cranberry bog. The dogs live in a 3.5 acre invisible fenced area where they run and roam all day every day. They are bird dogs, so they get to point birds in the cranberry bogs during our walks. Bodie has an amazing ability to catch these birds!!! I originally got the first two dogs to chase geese off of our lawn, but they have become so much more than working dogs to our family over the years.

My wife and I are in our early 50's and with our kids going to off to college in a few years, we want to get involved in another breed that will be with us to retirement. We are looking for two dogs to join our Brittany's for the next few years, then our "new" dogs will take us to retirement.

We think we have read all of the information about Tamaskan's that is out on the web, now we would like to get involved to see if this breed is the right one for us. We'll be reading the forum over the next few days, so expect some questions from us. We hope there is no such thing as a dumb question on this forum :) :) .... Jim & Julianne

rhadamant
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Hello from Massachusetts USA

Post by rhadamant » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:48 am

Hi Jim and Julianne,

There's no such thing as a dumb question. I grew up with Spaniels and now I've got two Tamaskans. Funny how that goes.

JimGilpin
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by JimGilpin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:33 pm

The more we look into the Tamaskan Breed, the more excited our family gets. It great to see all the videos of them on the web. We've put in a few applications and hope we will be considered for one of the adoptions in 2016. Brittany's are great dogs, they are so energetic & playful....I can't wait to see their 35 lb frames playing with a 90 lb Tamaskan!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:57 am

Welcome to the forum! I got your emails (thanks!!) I just won't be able to reply straight away as I am just extremely busy at the moment... the pups are now almost 8 weeks old and will soon be going to their new homes but we still need to do temperament evaluations, organize all the paperwork and book flights, etc.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:41 pm

Welcome and well met.

May your search for a Tamaskan be rewarded, and if the universe grants your petition, may your Tam bring you the joy and wonder my Kona has brought to my life!

At the expense of self-promotion, you might want to read what it's like "Growing Up Tamaskan" - an ongoing diary of one Tamaskan's life elsewhere on this forum:

http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4255

And if there IS such a thing as a dumb question, we've all done at least a couple here, so no worries! IMHO, the only truly "dumb" question is one that isn't asked.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com