Hi from Austin, Texas

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
Bullfrog
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Hi from Austin, Texas

Post by Bullfrog » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:49 pm

Hello all,

I'm Blake from Austin. I'm a late 20's professional who has recently moved into a house with a nice yard in a quiet neighborhood. So now I can finally get more serious about adopting a dog. I've done lots of research and I think a Tamaskan would be a great match for my active lifestyle. My only concern is that I may not have the patience to wait for the next litter! Which brings me to my first question - where can I check to see if any adult or young adult Tamaskans are available for adoption?

I'm glad to be a member of the forum, it seems like the logical first step towards adopting my own Tamaskan. Having a resource like this, especially with a very rare breed like this one, is definitely helpful.

Thank you

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Hi from Austin, Texas

Post by Tiantai » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Welcome aboard the Tamaskan forum!

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:37 pm

Welcome to the forum! The number of Tams in Texas is growing and a TX Tam meetup group has been created. There aren't many Tams that go into rescue, which is a good thing. If you don't mind adopting a Tam look-a-like, take a look at Austin Animal Center. I remember there was a dog who looked much like a Tam several years ago at AAC that got adopted out really quick. (I used to live in Austin - great city!)

melly
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by melly » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:07 pm

Welcome!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:50 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Jadzia1313
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jadzia1313 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi. Was wondering how your search went. There is now a Texas Tamaskan Meetup group. In not currently aware of any Tamaskans in Austin, but I have one done here in San Antonio, and we travel to Austin every few months.

JeffandLucy
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by JeffandLucy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:35 pm

OMG!! Might I ask, (new to forum, hello all).... WHY??? WHY would someone apparently spend time learning about this wonderful breed, then the costs involved to get one.... in the end, turn it in to a rescue?? I don't understand people at all!!! Look, Mr. Bullfrog, we're using the waiting time to get our house ready...

Raising our 4.5 fence in the backyard to 6 feet, adding an access door from the dining room (converted to dog only room) into the garage and another from the garage to the back yard. Then because we usually leave one garage door open, we're adding a special screen with a door to be able to enter and exit the garage while keeping the dog from getting out front.

We also want to get a ZENCRATE for the room for her... all this in addition to the $2000 to get a TAMASKAN. You can see its best to spread the time out so that it's not one big huge expense all at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeff and Lucy :D