Is this Forum still active?

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
MikeF
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Is this Forum still active?

Post by MikeF » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:06 am

Hi, my name is Mike, and I have a rescue, Sadie, who I think may be a Tamaskan. I was told that she was a Shepherd/Akita mix by the shelter, but do not think that is correct. People always comment on how she looks like a wolf and then I came across this link: https://www.thedodo.com/raven-woodhouse ... 34865.html
Her tail looks identical, down the the white stands in the center at the end. Anyway, I always wanted to get her DNA tested to find what breeds she is crossed with, but did not order yet. Since I just discovered she may be a Tamaskan, i was wondering if there is a way to verify? I noticed in the DNA tests available, I could not find one that recognizes Tamaskan. Any help would be appreciated an an resource to verify she is Tamaskan.

thanks
Mike

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Is this Forum still active?

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:32 am

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum!

Best answer is, if you have to ask, then it is not. Tamaskan breeders microchip and DNA profile their pups as well as have contracts with the adopting families that should they need to rehome them for any reason, the family must return the pup/dog back to the breeder. Breeders stay in contact with their adopting families as not only do they enjoy updates, but it also lets them know how their litters turn out and how they can base their next breeding combination decisions.
The breed is well documented and litters recorded.

Due to outcrossing, it is common to come across a dog in rescue or a shelter that will look similar to a Tamaskan, but it would not be one. It is the bloodlines that make a Tamaskan a Tamaskan, not the breed mixes or the specific look.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Is this Forum still active?

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:43 pm

Welcome Mike! Yes, the forum is still active though not as busy as before... but I think that it will soon be popular again with lots of new and exciting upcoming changes. :)
Anyway, I hope you enjoy your visits here and find all the info you want to learn about the breed!
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.