Hello from Denmark!

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
Kattejuice
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Hello from Denmark!

Post by Kattejuice » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:12 am

Greetings,

I'm Peter, from Denmark!

I recently (well... Quite some months ago now) stumpled into the race while reading a out various wolfdogs. I was fond of the idea of a dog that looked like a wolf without being one. The issues with hybrids concerned me, so discovering the Tamaskan I became a fan immediately.

In half a years time I will have finished my degree, and so I am considering getting a dog sometime in summer/fall 2018.

Untill then I hope to learn more about the Tamaskan, so that I may be able to care for it when the time comes, most likely with advice and experience from this forum ;)

Jadzia1313
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Hello from Denmark!

Post by Jadzia1313 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:27 am

Hi, Pete from Denmark.

Welcome to the International Tamaskan Forum. I've provided some useful links below. If you are considering bringing a Tamaskan Dog home summer/fall 2018, start reaching out to breeders now. Waiting lists for many breeders are at least a year. It sounds like you might be looking for a Tamaskan with little or no wolf content. I highly recommend talking to several breeders to find out more about their lines. Some lines/litters have content of various percentages.

http://www.tamaskan-dog.org/breeding/breeders/

Puppymill and backyard breeders to avoid (there are more smaller breeders associated with these popping up):
https://www.tamaskansagainstpuppymills. ... d-byb-list

Good Facebook groups to join: Tamaskan Dog - Debate and Discussion, US Tamaskan Dog Club, and All About Tamaskans.

Kattejuice
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Hello from Denmark!

Post by Kattejuice » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi Jadzia, thank you for the welcome and advice!
I will make contact to some of the real breeders then.
I do not have Facebook unfortunately, otherwise I would also check out the groups you mentioned.