WOLFDOG PUPPY ADVERT

Info about scams and false advertisements relating to the sale of Tamaskan Dogs (or fake "Tamaskans").
Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

WOLFDOG PUPPY ADVERT

Post by Blustag » Mon May 31, 2010 7:53 am

I was informed yesterday that there is an advert in the AdTrader for wolfdog puppies.
The person who told me about it phoned them up to ask about them. She was told that they were wolfdog puppies. When she asked what breeds were in them he told her they were actually called Tamaskan and to check out the TDR website as he wasnt sure what was in them. They were crossbreeds being sold as Tamaskan for £400. He also told my informant that he was 'worried' because the mother didnt want to feed them..... they were 5 weeks old!!!! She told him that they should be well weaned by then and he was very surprised!! This lady then went to the TDR website ...found me and phoned me to tell me. She is now very keen on our breed and is coming to see our dogs. Strangely enough lol she found she knew me as she has had Belgian Shepherds for 20 yrs. (my old breed) .. small world eh!

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: WOLFDOG PUPPY ADVERT

Post by Misaya » Mon May 31, 2010 9:24 am

Yes, it is a small world.

Wonder what is going on with the guy with the pups. He obviously hasnt a clue if he doesnt know when they should be weaned (not that I would know but if I was having a litter I would do my homework!). Are you thinking of calling him? I looked up the dialling code and it seems to be Tyneside.
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Mon May 31, 2010 12:15 pm

Is that the one that says the parents are "stunning examples of quality 'wolf lookalikes' of Tamaskan type"? :roll: The puppies look like Husky GSD crosses to me.
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon May 31, 2010 6:06 pm

I found the advert:

http://www.pets-classifieds.co.uk/c51d93268.php

http://www.adtrader.co.uk/pets-and-anim ... 7_cpn.html

http://www.k9puppy.co.uk/PuppiesforSale ... 13002.aspx

http://www.blogorati.net/wolfdog-stunning-pups/
Both parents are stunning examples of quality wolfdog 'wolf lookalikes' type.
Looks like he edited it to take out the Tamaskan part...
All are registered with the Wolfdog Registry.
The "Wolfdog Registry"... LOL what? :roll: :lol:

The parents look like German Shepherds to me too.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Mon May 31, 2010 7:14 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
All are registered with the Wolfdog Registry.
The "Wolfdog Registry"... LOL what? :roll: :lol:

The parents look like German Shepherds to me too.
Yes, anyone heard of the Wolfdog Registry?

Ditto on the GSDs.
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Mon May 31, 2010 7:25 pm

Never heard of a wolfdog registry duh!! :roll:

Katie
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Katie » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:34 pm

No such thing.. gosh. What a scam. I was just about to say "Those look like GSD's."

zbynek
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by zbynek » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:19 pm

Blustag wrote:Never heard of a wolfdog registry duh!! :roll:
There is one, but on Czechoslovakian wolfdog only. The parents definitely are not CSW.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:40 pm

a quick search on google gave me this site http://www.canineworld.com/USAWA/wolfdogs.htm - The United States American Wolfdog Association's registry
>> Nino <<

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:38 am

I found the "wolfdog registry" -

http://www.wolfdog.org.uk/puppies.htm

It's pretty much more of the "same old" - claims to breed healthier out-crossed "wolf lookalikes" - without any health testing. No mention of pedigrees, hip scores, DNA profiling, Degenerative Myelopathy test, Dwarfism test, CERF, etc. I am shocked and appalled... yet more people "doing their own thing" - willy nilly - without any standards or proper health tests, etc. It's CHAOS. :(

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:12 pm

I see they say they have added a 'Tamaskan Type' dog into their breeding, what does that mean?....lol They have also added a Saarloos cross and a GSD.
They have one nice dog (might be the Tamaskan type one lol), the rest of them are not very good choices if you are trying to create a wolfy breed.
And they don't list any health tests, a big alarm bell..........
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:03 pm

The "Tamaskan Type" is an imported Tamaskan "Wolfdog" from RPK... :roll:

This is one of those pups, at his new home:
http://sansorrella.com/zephyrs%20gallery.htm

She wrote on her forum:
I'm still waiting for his paperwork from his breeder - but his sire came into the country with Tamaskan papers. I believe there was a bit of a legal battle with the authorities when he came in and the paperwork is with the owners solicitors at the moment. I am chasing for copies of the papers though as I want to use him for breeding and can't without his pedigree.

I know he is a bit of an 'ugly duckling' at the moment, but I am hoping he matures into a stunning dog like his mother (who DEFRA have declared as a Tamaskan).

The founder of the Tamaskan's was only in Finland for a relatively short time, but the 'breed' have certainly spread far and wide around Europe and USA.
http://z13.invisionfree.com/WolfInSheep ... topic=2125
"I'm still waiting for his paperwork from his breeder - but his sire came into the country with Tamaskan papers." - From the photos in the ad, the sire looks like a GSD... definitely NOT a Tamaskan! I would certainly be concerned if I were the owner of one of the pups... as the solicitors would have made photocopies if the story were true. It sounds to me like the paperwork doesn't actually exist and this is just an excuse given to the puppy owners. THE SIRE IS A GSD (or GSD x NI at best). Those pups are definitely NOT pure Tamaskans, or even "pure" Tamaskan "Wolfdogs" from RPK - so these puppies are GSD X Tamaskan "WOLFDOG" crossbreeds, hence the cheap price! Surely the new owners visited both parents (as they were both at the same location) to see for themselves before purchasing a puppy? Who buys a pup without looking at all the paperwork / health test results first?

"I am hoping he matures into a stunning dog like his mother (who DEFRA have declared as a Tamaskan)." - DEFRA made a mistake. His mother is a "Tamaskan Wolfdog" from RPK... thus, NOT a true Tamaskan, unless her parentage can be 100% traced to actual Tamaskan foundation dogs.

"The founder of the Tamaskan's was only in Finland for a relatively short time, but the 'breed' have certainly spread far and wide around Europe and USA." - I'm very sad to see that the hard work and dedicated breeding of the TDR is being used to promote crossbred / untested mutts... people have to learn that what they've got are NOT Tamaskans, but the result of unregistered breeders using the Tamaskan name to promote their own litters... RPK must stop using the Tamaskan name to sell his dogs! His breeding reflects very badly on the true Tamaskan. :evil: