YET ANOTHER SCAM OUT IN HAWAII

Info about scams and false advertisements relating to the sale of Tamaskan Dogs (or fake "Tamaskans").
Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

YET ANOTHER SCAM OUT IN HAWAII

Post by Blustag » Mon May 31, 2010 1:12 pm

This person is advertising her husky crosses as Tamaskan. Amanda Caulk (Hawaii)

http://pomhuskyhawaii.webs.com/ourdogs.htm

and her husky advert http://honolulu.ebayclassifieds.com/dog ... ad=2753799

What will it be next!!!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: YET ANOTHER SCAM OUT IN HAWAII

Post by Sylvaen » Mon May 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Unbelievable... I knew she was up to no good when she asked me to send her frozen sperm last year... without providing ANY info about her "Tamaskan" (pedigree / breeder / etc) or any health info (hip scores, etc). Of course when I asked for all this necessary info I never heard back from her.

Sounds to me like she's only interested in making money... no health tests, several different breeds... it's like a mini puppy mill in my eyes. And her "Tamaskan" litter looks like husky to me: http://pomhuskyhawaii.webs.com/puppypage.htm

The TDR Committee has an International Blacklist, which has been in place for over 6 months now, for TDR Registered Breeders so that they can make informed decisions about potential puppy purchasers and suspicious inquiries. The full list is long and detailed, and not for the public eye, but this is the info we have on this particular woman:
Amanda Brenner/Caulk – (Kapolei, Hawaii)
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/pet/1553246828.html
http://hawaiipetmagazine.ning.com/profi ... e-tamaskan
http://www.hawaiipetnetwork.com/forum/t ... kan-anyone

Amanda Brenner (who also goes by the name "Amanda Caulk”) claims to have the “only Tamaskan in Hawaii” but refuses to give details as to where she got her female Tamaskan (Tikaani) or who the breeder is. All we know is that, according to her, she purchased the puppy from someone in Oregon (or perhaps Seattle) - her answers are deliberately vague. She sent the following email to several breeders: “Do you send frozen semen? I have a female Tamaskan, I’m located in Hawaii so there are no other Tamaskans around and I’m looking for a male to have her all set up with when she comes into season. I have attached a few pictures of her.” From the photos her Tamaskan does not look like a pure Tamaskan, but rather a GSD cross or perhaps a “Tamaskan Wolfdog.” I replied with the following email: “I wasn't aware that there were any TDR-Registered Tamaskans living in Hawaii, do you mind telling me who the breeder is? Also, has your bitch passed all her required health tests? (Hips / CERF / DNA Profile / etc) Anyway, I'd only ever consider sending frozen semen to other TDR-Registered Tamaskan Breeders; I couldn't take the risk that it would be used on a non-Tamaskan, or even a non-health-tested-Tamaskan.” To date she has not yet responded and it seems highly unlikely that she will at this point; she ignores all questions from anyone affiliated with the TDR and any questions regarding her dog’s background or health tests. Judging from her photos, it looks as though she has a semi-professional kennel setup and it seems that she is determined to breed her female Tamaskan at all costs. Obviously she is just in it for the money as she mentions nothing of health tests, pedigrees, etc.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:46 am

I was in contact with her for a little bit 6-8 months ago. As I know of no registered breeders selling a puppy to somebody in Hawaii. When I was in contact with her she went by the name Amanda Brenner. As I inquired about her dog and where she got it from, she would never answer completely, but to tell me she got her from a breeder in Seattle Washington. I searched all over for a breeder in that area with no results. I even asked Amanda specific questions to why she didn't know who her breeder was. Again, question avioded. She did give me some details that were completely wrong when I asked her who the dame and sire was of her Tamaskan. She gave the name J & J Moonlite Tundra and the registered name of an RPK Tamaskan. I called her out imeadiately as J&J Moonlite Tundra is my girl and I knew who the owner of the male at RPK was. Nevertheless, communication broke off after that.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:48 am

I am in talks with a chap in Hawaii daily on MSN who is purchasing a puppy from me. He told me that there is a lady over there who purchased a puppy from someone in Oregon. I have seen pics of the pup and now it is a young adult. I think around a year old. As a pup it looks like a Tamaskan but as an adult it looks like a GSD cross.

She was advertising in the local classifieds: Tamaskan.... wolfdog without the wolf.

My friend emailed her and she wouldn't give any details of where she got it etc. My friend mailed again and now she just ignores him. I noticed that she has also mailed Eliz Fitz and Bina in Aus. Funny how she mailed these people and not the TDR... weird. :roll:

Anyway, there is a legitimate Tamaskan puppy flying out to Hawaii (Honolulu) in July so please don't get HER confused with any crossbreeds out there!!!!

michifloo
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by michifloo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:43 pm

I hope the new Hawaii puppy purchaser has been informed of this person. I had some contact with somebody in Hawaii in Dec, but not the one mentioned in this thread. Her dog appears to be RPK, as I have seen many from his kennel through my rescue work. At the very least, Hawaii can see what a purebred Tamaskan Dog is.....
"I like my dogs more than most people"

Tropicalbreeze
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tropicalbreeze » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 pm

Rest assured the person in Hawaii who is getting a "real" Tamaskan pup knows what's going on. ;) :)

Tikaanismommy
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tikaanismommy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Let me clear things up. My name is Amanda Caulk. I sometimes get confused as Amanda brenner because me and my ex boyfriend had a shared email account "I_am_a_brenner@yahoo.com" it used an automatic signature which at the time was Amanda brenner. Sorry for any confusion that might have caused. I'm 18 years old and live in Hawaii on a little over a quarter acre of land. I have loved the tamaskan breed ever since I first laid eyes on it. I was looking through the Internet when I found tamaskan puppies for sale. I ended up getting one i had very little communication with the lady who had the puppies I do have some bits and pieces that I wrote Down but other then that I have nothing. I've tried to email the lady I got her from but it is no longer a valid email, and excuss me tarheel I replied to you the best I could with whatever info I had in fact I emailed you first if I remember correctly asking for help and information. I spent a lot of money to get her here and I treat her very well I invite you to fly to Hawaii and visit my house I have nothing to hide I am only going on what I have. Tika did end up having puppies but the litter wasn't planned, I was trying to have her all set up with another tamaskan when she was ready. She ended up mating with my husky on what I'm guessing the last day because they only got stuck together once, we had her in the house the whole time and I thought it would be safe to put her out. After she had her pups I advertised them as Siberian husky/tamaskans because to the best of my knowledge that's what they are. I wanted to breed her when all the health tests are complete you can even ask tarheel that I wrote that to him. I was and still am planning on getting her checked with pennhip and she's set to get her eyes checked in sept. If all goes well. I own 4 dogs: baby-a 6 year old mutt we found on the beach, boo-boo- 5 1/2 year old pom/chi/fox terrier, scifen- 2 year old Siberian Husky and tika. The Pomeranians belong to my aunt Chanel Hence the "c" in a & c kennels. I have no problems answering any questions you might have so please don't badmouth me. You have my email feel free. And for those of you claiming I'm a puppy mill please come over see where my dogs are kept see what I feed them I spend over 200 in dogfood alone every month my dogs are my world I wold die for them. They go to the vets office every 6 months for check-ups to make sure their healthy. I don't have a lot of money but most of what I do get goes to my dogs you can ask any of my friends and family they will tell you the same. It really hurts my feelings that you would just assume something about someone you don't know anything about. I work hard to take care of my pets just like the rest of you so who are you to sit on your high horse and judge what you don't know. My dogs get proper food, exercise, training, and love daily. Thank you.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Tikaanismommy wrote:I was looking through the Internet when I found tamaskan puppies for sale. I ended up getting one i had very little communication with the lady who had the puppies I do have some bits and pieces that I wrote Down but other then that I have nothing. I've tried to email the lady I got her from but it is no longer a valid email
As a breeder myself, I find it very hard (if not impossible) to believe that someone would sell you a puppy without detailed, in-depth communication... let alone without a name or address, or even the state. Particularly for such a rare and valuable breed.
Tikaanismommy wrote:I spent a lot of money to get her here
I'm sorry to hear that, because you were ripped off. Moreover, unless you paid in cash, which is unlikely since you said the breeder lives on the mainland USA, you surely have the details of the bank account into which you transferred the money.
Tikaanismommy wrote:I was trying to have her all set up with another tamaskan when she was ready... I wanted to breed her when all the health tests are complete... I was and still am planning on getting her checked with pennhip and she's set to get her eyes checked in sept.
Good luck finding a Tamaskan to breed her with. Even with full health tests (DM, Dwarfism, DNA profile, CERF, and PennHIP) if she isn't registered, with a traceable pedigree, I don't know anyone who would be willing. Unless you can prove you own a Tamaskan, no one will take that risk.
Tikaanismommy wrote:So who are you to sit on your high horse and judge what you don't know.
Who am I? I am the person who YOU emailed, requesting frozen sperm. I am the person who took the time out of my day to send you a detailed reply ASKING questions about her pedigree, background, health test status, etc. I am the person who YOU never bothered to email again with the answers. "Judge what you don't know?" I judge based on what I DO know from the limited info you provided. And even with this new post, you haven't provided any new info about your "Tamaskan" to make me think otherwise.

PS: as a new member of the forum, it's also polite to Introduce Yourself first.

Tikaanismommy
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tikaanismommy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:42 pm

She didn't ask much actually, she did get my info to ship the puppy but other then that she was "so happy her puppy found a good home" . And my mom sent a money transfer for me. You said in your email you wouldn't sent to a dog that wasn't TDR registered. I didn't even know they came with registry, the lady never said anything about it. I admit I never emailed you back because I didn't know what to say other them the health screening info so I asked the website guy for mire info nag told him all I know. Im not trying to be rude or argue I just posted so people people can read what I have to say. It really did hurt my feelings to read what you guys had to say about me, and to insinuate that all I cared about is money, that's why I said come meet me and my dogs I bet any much you would change your mind. Would you like to call me? I'll tell you everything I know about my dog and where she comes from. Seattle is where she flew out and came from, the lady said her dogs names were simba and nala because her kids like lion king, their parents have really long weird names that I don't know off hand. I don't know okay. If I had any more info I would tell you. If you think she's not a tamaskan then she probably isn't but that's what I was told and what it seems like to me. I don't understand why everyone is being so mean about it

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:00 am

Tikaanismommy wrote:She didn't ask much actually, she did get my info to ship the puppy but other then that she was "so happy her puppy found a good home" . And my mom sent a money transfer for me. You said in your email you wouldn't sent to a dog that wasn't TDR registered. I didn't even know they came with registry, the lady never said anything about it. I admit I never emailed you back because I didn't know what to say other them the health screening info so I asked the website guy for mire info nag told him all I know. Im not trying to be rude or argue I just posted so people people can read what I have to say. It really did hurt my feelings to read what you guys had to say about me, and to insinuate that all I cared about is money, that's why I said come meet me and my dogs I bet any much you would change your mind. Would you like to call me? I'll tell you everything I know about my dog and where she comes from. Seattle is where she flew out and came from, the lady said her dogs names were simba and nala because her kids like lion king, their parents have really long weird names that I don't know off hand. I don't know okay. If I had any more info I would tell you. If you think she's not a tamaskan then she probably isn't but that's what I was told and what it seems like to me. I don't understand why everyone is being so mean about it
Hello.
You have to think about that Tamaskan is a rare breed. There arent many in the world, and even less is breeding them.
Therefore the breeders are very careful about their breed.
Many people around the world have already lied and cheated, telling they are selling tamaskans, but its not really tamaskans.
When dealing with such a rare breed, as the tamaskan, people tend to see a possibility to earn a lot of money, which some people do, by cheating other people.

A thing that comes to mind when I read your posts in this thread.
You do not or know enough about the breed to breed it, or at least you have not known enough until now, I am sorry if I am insultin you here.
But if you buy a breed, specially a really rare one, in my eyes you have to reseach it to find out what you are dealing with. If you have done just a little seaching online you would have come over the TDR, I know this, since it is what I did myself.
And specially if you buy a breeding dog, you have to know more about the background, and the sire and dam, other would I see as frivolous myself.

Do not take this as an insult, you are very young, and fortunately you have a long time to learn, as do many of us.
But you have to realize that this thread is based on what people know, and from their experinces. Tamaskan breeders and stud owners have to be careful, thats just hos life is, and you have to accept it.
But now you have taken the first step towards being part of the Tamaskan community, if I were you I wouldnt freak out about something like this, that would probabrly give people reluctance towards you.

Kind regards
>> Nino <<

Tikaanismommy
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tikaanismommy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:08 am

Thanks nino, I get their just being careful it just hurt my feelings by what they said, Because I really do love my dogs, and all animals in general, I'm even starting college to become a veterinarian.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:15 am

Tikaanismommy wrote:Thanks nino, I get their just being careful it just hurt my feelings by what they said, Because I really do love my dogs, and all animals in general, I'm even starting college to become a veterinarian.
I dont think anyone doubt that you love you dogs and take good care of them (anymore at least)
but people are just careful.

Kind of a reverse innocent til other have been proven, at least when it comes to puppy mills and things like that.

sounds good about your college plans, good luck with that :-)
>> Nino <<

jmarino82
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by jmarino82 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:16 pm

Well Amanda, You seem to contradict yourself alot. I sometimes chat on craigslist pet forum, and you and I chatted on there, and you emailed at my request afterward.
1. You told me you got the puppy from a male friend who was a breeder in North Carolina. I asked you if she was registered, who her breeder was, about the health of the parents, who the parents were ect. You told me your friend was a hobby breeder and gave her to you. You said she wasn't registered as she was an accident litter.
2. You emailed me when the mating occured and said you'd have puppies in 2 monthes and gave me prices..
3. I told you I wasn't interested in a non TDR dog and you still emailed me when the puppies were born with photos.
4. If you and your family have so much experiance in the dog world,w hy would you buy a puppy from unproven dogs from a nameless, faceless person and send them money sight on seen via money wire w/ no way to recoup if they never sent you a puppy?

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:32 pm

We don't know the full facts of how you got your Tamaskan and I am sure no one wishes to be rude if your litter was just an honest mistake.
But forgive me for saying you seem to be very naive to have bought a Tamaskan from abroad with no knowledge of who you were buying from or what you were getting. Did you receive pictures of the parents? Copies of the health testing? Do you still have the copies of the parent’s names that you could look for and tell us about?

We are not giving you the third degree; if anything giving us this information will help you to find out if your Tamaskan is or is not a 'real' pure bred Tamaskan. If she is a real Tamaskan then people would be more willing to work with you to find you a suitable male. If she is not a pure bred Tamaskan or a Tamaskan at all then we would simply ask that next time you have a litter you not mention Tamaskan in your advertising as we would not want people in Hawaii to get the wrong impression of what our dogs look like if they were to see your puppies and hear the name Tamaskan mentioned.

If you ignore peoples requests and try to hide the parents info or the breeders then it does look as though you don't want people to find out that you already know your dog is not a Tamaskan and that you are using the Tamaskan name in order to sell the puppies you had (be they an accident or not), this will lead to Tamaskan people being automatically on the defensive to protect the good name of their Tamaskan breed.

I am sure we can sort this all out easily we just require a little more information. You are of course within your rights to withold this information if you wish, but it will lead to skepticism and distrust and that is something you will just have to learn to live with if you choose to breed again.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Tori
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tori » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:05 pm

I don't mean to jump in where I don't belong, especially since I'm so new and know very little about the breed... However, I'm not new to dogs and forums that's for sure.

Amanda- a little bit of advice:
1. This is the internet. Having hurt feelings over the internet is just silly. These people don't know you. You have to remember that all they know of you is what you provide in writing to them. They don't have your intentions or even tone written out for all to see. You can't assume that they know anything about you, that's why they ask. Getting hurt about what is said is no one's fault but your own for not providing all the information you can.

2. The issue doesn't arise from the fact that you have a "Tamaskan" that doesn't have papers. This unfortunately happens in every breed. I have two huskies that were rescues without papers. However, there are two problems with your situation that seems either incredibly naive or fishy: 1) You bought a puppy seemingly without doing any research besides looking at pictures of the breed. You didn't ask for tests, health certs, pictures of the parents, information form the breeder. You just bought a dog. 2) Again, that wouldn't be an issue except that you have expressed the desire TO BREED. THAT is a problem. If you just wanted your pup to save from a bad situation, great. Get her spayed and keep her and love her. However, you want to breed said dog with NO prior knowledge of her background, history, lineage and information about the breeder. Maybe you're just young and naive and that's fine, everyone lives and learns-- but either way, it's IRRESPONSIBLE and people who are working their butt off to get this breed recognized can't take that risk.

My advise to you is to love your dog, treat her well, but learn your lesson about breeding and get her spayed. If you still want to become a breeder, do your research, learn about the art and ethical practices and learn from your mistakes. Do it right if you're going to do it. Otherwise Bob Barker and I might have words with you :D
~Tori
www.itsahuskything.com
It's a husky thing... you wouldn't understand!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:31 am

The plot thickens...
tikaanis_mommy wrote:Hi everyone,
My name is Amanda and I own two wolfdogs. Tikaani is my 1 year and 3 month old mid-content female, and the newest addition to my pack is Kiba my 8 1/2 weel old mid to high content. Boy can they be a handful, but i wouldnt trade them for the world lol
http://www.wolfdogforum.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=8&t=13

Posted on July 20th, 2010....
9 days later, she came here and posted her reply in this topic. WTF :roll:

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:51 am

Well she hasn't been on the forum since September, so her interest in the breed clearly wasn't genuine.
She was caught with her hands in the cookie jar, so she went to another place to con them instead..

tsk..
>> Nino <<