Puppyfind using RPK's photo

Info about scams and false advertisements relating to the sale of Tamaskan Dogs (or fake "Tamaskans").
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Puppyfind using RPK's photo

Post by Tiantai » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:27 pm

http://www.puppyfind.com/tamaskan.php

As far as I recall, a lot of people have used puppyfind to look for breeders of dogs they like. Not just for Tamaskans but for basically ANY dog. However, about 95% of these breeders that you would find on that website are puppy millers (reputable breeders do NOT advertise their dogs on these puppy searching sites) and the other 5% being petstores and breeding warehouses. RPK is among those people advertising on the site. For those of you looking for a dog breed, try searching for reputable breeders near you and do NOT use puppyfind or ANY of the sites that link to the dog breeders with a simple search like this one. The people who advertise on these commercial sites are not true breeders and I want to make sure that more people are aware of the various puppymilling community sites like this one so that we can all avoid them!

Sadly the people running these sites don't really know much of the background of the breeders using their websites. They THINK they're helping dog seekers but they're just promoting the millers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Stay AWAY from Puppyfind and websites like it!

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:44 pm

i have messaged them of facebook sometime last year... they said they are not supporting anyone in particular, it's just a photo they got hold of for something that looks like the breed and they had to put his name on to use it...

i do on the other hand think they would be a good outlet for puppy mills...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:51 pm

TerriHolt wrote:i have messaged them of facebook sometime last year... they said they are not supporting anyone in particular, it's just a photo they got hold of for something that looks like the breed and they had to put his name on to use it...

i do on the other hand think they would be a good outlet for puppy mills...
Well the people running the site may be neutral but the puppy millers are definitely taking advantage of these sites to sell
It's a shame that it had to be the Tamaskan Wolfdog from RPK for this part.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:39 pm

i had advised them to chance it and where they could get some awesome pictures from but apparently they ignored me :(

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:09 am

I think they honestly don't care. I tried to look for something to report that they were advertising a mill, but found nothing.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:14 am

I know, it's very frustrating when they don't listen to people trying to help point them in the proper direction.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:45 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:I think they honestly don't care. I tried to look for something to report that they were advertising a mill, but found nothing.
i lectured them thru facebook :D

https://www.facebook.com/pages/PuppyFin ... ndactivity

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:08 pm

good job Terri :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Sylvaen wrote:good job Terri :)
:oops:

it's actually something my 'mysterious' (insert typical ghouly noises hear) e-mailer sent a while back... i just followed up and quizzed them :D

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks Terri

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Way to go Terri... Did you send them a email with proof so that photo can be taken down?

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:27 pm

i sent an e-mail with everything i could get my hands on, thought it may make more of an impact than facebook... kinda like a... can you make an e-mail portfolio of bad stuff? well, something similar... i got no response tho :( i was going to keep forwarding over and over but i don't really think it will do much good. they don't have standards and will sell anything, allow adds for stud with no proof of testing etc... they allow T cup pups that are known to be sick... weak limbs/joints etc...

maybe leave a link to the forum of the facebook page for the members? i didn't think of that... i did send it in the e-mail tho for them to look and contact members for a better, legit photo... strongly suggested they use one of those.

does RPK pay them to show his pic? it would make more sense for them not changing it... money been the root of all evil an all...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Puppyfind still hasn't taken it off

Post by Tiantai » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:20 am

Despite the lecture you gave them last year they're still using that picture so it's obvious they're not listening.
TerriHolt wrote: does RPK pay them to show his pic? it would make more sense for them not changing it... money been the root of all evil an all...
Hmm, I don't know for sure. His former partner who used to work with him did once mentioned that he's a "very cheap person" plus he did try to avoid paying for a Czech wolfdog that he conned a breeder into selling to "Kevin Seppeneri" and is facing lawsuit on that so if he does pay puppyfind to keep his picture then he must be very rich. :roll:

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Puppyfind still hasn't taken it off

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:04 pm

fangjingtuanlucas wrote:plus he did try to avoid paying for a Czech wolfdog that he conned a breeder into selling to "Kevin Seppeneri"
He did not "try to avoid paying for a Czech Wolfdog" - he came up with a sob story about being a single father and not being able to pay the full price, which is why he paid less for her.

Lucas, please stop stating your comments as 'facts' when you don't know all the details. It undermines our efforts because it looks like the truth is being purposefully warped or exaggerated. With this situation it is very important to stick to the exact facts - nothing more and nothing less. Otherwise it does more harm than good, particularly when people find out that you've been exaggerating because it means that they can't trust anything you're saying as truth. Also, when you use words like 'us' and 'we' (as in the TDR) it reflects badly on us all. I don't like to call you out like this in public, but this isn't the first time that you've been warned. I know you mean well and that you have good intentions, just please tone it down a notch. Kevin isn't the super villain that you try to paint him as - this is not a Hollywood movie. He is a human being and I can understand some of his motives (as a single father with bills to pay and a business to run) - that doesn't mean that I am excusing or condoning his actions or justifying some of the WRONG and EVIL things that he has done (to his own dogs and to other reputable breeders) but no one will take you seriously if you try to imply that he is the devil incarnate. It just seems like you are passionately pushing your own agenda (through emotion and manipulation) - which is why RPK's supporters find it very difficult to view the situation objectively, which makes OUR job more difficult... to present the FACTS so that the general public can conclude their own unbiased opinions.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.