"Tamaskan Wolfdog" (RightPuppy Kennel - RPK)

Info about scams and false advertisements relating to the sale of Tamaskan Dogs (or fake "Tamaskans").
Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

"Tamaskan Wolfdog" (RightPuppy Kennel - RPK)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat May 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Here is the info about this kennel, from the TDR International Blacklist:
“RightPuppy Kennel” (RPK) - http://www.RightPuppyKennel.com
Creator of the “Tamaskan Club of America” - http://www.Tamaskan.com

RPK is a large-scale Commercial Dog Breeder (aka Puppy Farm / Mill) that breeds Shiba Inus, "Tamaskan Wolfdogs" and "Wolf Hybrids". To illustrate the point, in a space of 12 days (from 21 October 2009 to 2 November 2009) RPK had 5 "Tamaskan Wolfdog" litters, totaling 35 puppies (this number does not include Shiba Inu puppies, nor "Wolf Hybrid" puppies). When RPK was visited in January 2008 he had well over 30 adult Shiba Inus and it appeared that they were not family pets, but strictly breeding dogs. Today RPK lists 25 adult female Shiba Inus and 6 adult male Shiba Inus on their website. With so many breeding dogs, and so many litters being produced in such a short space of time, one can only assume that this is a business conducted solely to make profit.

RPK started out with three TDR-Registered Tamaskans: Moose (Blustag Wanderer), Tasha (Moonstone Lovelight), and Tundra (Moonstone Eternity), which he obtained from IceWind Farm (a Shiba Inu puppy farmer). In late 2007, the TDR discovered that RPK had obtained these three dogs and that Tasha and Tundra were both pregnant. These matings were supposedly accidental and no health testing had been done on any of the dogs. This was going to be the second litter of Tamaskans born in America so it was imperative that testing be completed to ensure healthy pups, and to be able to register the puppies with the TDR.

However, RPK did not adhere to the strict breeding guidelines and health requirements of the TDR. He also refused cooperation with the NTCA and instead opted to breed on his own. What started out as three Tamaskan Dogs has now grown to include their offspring, as well as: Tumble, Shadow, Nuka, Arctic, and Yukon, who is listed as a Timber Wolf Hybrid. Tumble, Shadow, Nuka, and Arctic are of unknown origin and breed type; though he himself alleges that some of the dogs do contain actual (recent) wolf content. It is safe to assume that his Tamaskan Wolfdog puppies are only part Tamaskan Dog; they are mostly wolfy-looking arctic breeds mixed with actual wolfdog "hybrids". The difference with legitimate Tamaskan Dogs being lack of health testing (hip scoring and DM testing, as a bare minimum) and no way to verify parentage as his dogs are not DNA profiled.

In order for RPK to register his crossbred “Tamaskan Wolfdogs” he needed a club that would accept him. None would, due to his failure to comply with health testing, as well as breeding his dogs too young and too often, so he created his own: the “Tamaskan Club of America.” Essentially, all the text on that website was plagiarized from the Tamaskan Wikipedia page and the "Breed Standard" was copied from the Tamaskan Standard on the TDR Website. This makes the “Tamaskan Club of America” seem legitimate but is designed to fool potential customers into buying a “Tamaskan Wolfdog” (a Tamaskan imitation / unregistered crossbreed) without any regard for health, or temperament, or appearance. More recently, he has been using the Kennel Affix "Blustag USA" to sell puppies under this false identity to trick people into thinking that his puppies (and his registry) are legitimate.

Moreover, there are numerous reports of health issues within his bloodlines, including epilepsy and hip dysplasia. Countless puppies, which can be directly purchased from his website via PAYPAL (much like buying a book from Amazon.com) have been sold to their new owners complete with parasites and/or serious illnesses (including Giardia, Parvo, etc). Due to the lack of screening (to see if the new owners are suitable, or have the time, or can provide an adequate home) quite a few of those dogs have ended up with rescue groups or, worse, dumped at local animal shelters where they face the risk of euthanasia due to the "wolfdog" label. In addition, in summer 2009, RPK advertised a “Shamaskan Inu” puppy that was the offspring of a MALE Tamaskan Wolfdog and a FEMALE Shiba Inu; the only one in the world. Despite hoping that this breeding was the result of an accidental mating, the puppy was listed for sale for hundreds of dollars.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

mazincat
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: "Tamaskan Wolfdog" (RightPuppy Kennel)

Post by mazincat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:16 am

This is a really bad thing to see ...

The owner of RightPuppy even says in comment that:
my original 4 dogs came from the TDR. I am no longer affiliated with them. They are hobby breeders and this is what I do for a living. I have more Tamaskans than all of the other USA breeders combined. My dogs are now Tamaskan Wolfdogs. I am attempting to make the dogs look more wolf-like with smaller ears.
I'm sorry, but if this person or persons is trying to make the 'breed' other than the standard, they should not be allowed to be calling it a Tamaskan. Nuff' said?

wen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wen » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:41 am

it's a strange fact... they supposedly despise the tamaskan, but they keep the name...
If that's not a business thing, I don't know what is!
"Mieux vivre avec votre chien"
Aide à l'éducation canine et réflexion sur les chiens dits "dangereux"

Joswolf
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Joswolf » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:07 pm

He breeds up to 7 litters per month...
?? Is this for real? That's what I call commercial breeding. :evil:

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:06 pm

I dont know how many litters he has a month, but he also breeds shibu inus, so maybe the 7 includes them. But it is far too many anyway and he is obviously a puppy farmer :evil: I am so sorry for his poor dogs.

Nice to see you on here Jos, I hope you are going to post some of your brilliant photos :)
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Katie
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Katie » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Hey there, I'm new to the forum. About 3 weeks ago one of my best friends discovered the Tamaskan Dog and fell in love. Unfortunately he discovered Right Puppy Kennel first. Fortunately my friends know that I'm their resource for all things animal, especially dogs, and thanks to this forum I was able to find solid proof to back up my initial assessment of their puppy mill.

His heart is broken; he really thought they were reputable, but any novice dog owner would. I hope that more people out there wake up and do some bloody research. RPK is downright embarrassing.. reminds me of Kimbertal's Doberman/Rottie puppy mill in PA. Blech.

Because I wasn't familiar with the Tamaskan off the bat I first looked at the Shiba side and boy is it ever an insult to my intelligence. They don't breed for standard, they have over 20 of them, none of their "excellent dogs" even had a CGN or TD title, and only ONE of them is AKC registered to name a few bones I have to pick with them. The one registered male is bred over and over.. poor soul.

JessieLove09
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by JessieLove09 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:21 am

Know whats scary? Their "wolfdog" Yukon looks identical to my black GSD.
Jessica-
Molly-GSD
Rainbow Bridge:
Tanner, Max & Simba

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:33 am

wen wrote:it's a strange fact... they supposedly despise the tamaskan, but they keep the name...
If that's not a business thing, I don't know what is!
He just uses the name Tamaskan to sell his dogs... and people think they are buying the real thing. Until he is stopped and his puppy farm is closed for good, he'll keep doing it. In my opinion, he doesn't care about the dogs at all... ONLY money. And maybe a bit of fame / attention... but not in a good way or for good reason. It's just pure business to him. *sigh*
Joswolf wrote:?? Is this for real? That's what I call commercial breeding. :evil:
Yes... he is definitely a commercial breeder... that's why his lawyers kept getting our old (free hosted) forums shut down, when he complained to the hosting companies that by educating the general public about puppy mills, we were hurting his business! Now we have this paid (private) forum so we can write the truth about his unethical breeding practices.

What is a Puppy Mill:
A puppy mill, sometimes known as a puppy farm, is a commercial dog breeding facility that is operated with an emphasis upon profits above animal welfare and is often (but not necessarily) in substandard conditions regarding the well-being of dogs in their care. In puppy mills, females are sometimes bred every time they are in heat to increase profits, resulting in gradually decreasing sizes of litters. As puppies, mill dogs are also often weaned from their mothers well before the eight to ten weeks recommended. Dogs in puppy mills are often bred indiscriminately. While the puppies produced may come with pedigrees, the pedigree itself is neither an indication of quality nor authenticity. Pet stores selling these dogs may be unaware of breeding conditions. The American Kennel Club is by law not held responsible nor do they guarantee the health of the dogs they sell.

Due to the frequently poor breeding conditions in puppy mills, puppies bred there often suffer from health and/or social problems. Puppies raised in a cramped environment shared by many other dogs become poorly socialized to other dogs and to humans. Dogs are then transported over long distances in poor conditions, sometimes resulting in animal stress and death. As the surviving mill dogs grow older, they are more prone to developing respiratory ailments and pneumonia, as well as hereditary defects such as hip dysplasia. In addition, mill dogs are more prone to have problems with their temperament. Puppies from mills are usually sold as purebred dogs in an attempt to attract the higher prices associated with purebreds. However, due to the indiscriminate breeding practices of puppy mills, the dog may not actually be a purebred puppy.

On May 29, 2008, MSNBC aired a report about puppy mills, in which talk show host Oprah Winfrey revealed an industry fraught with problems and apparent cruelty. The broadcast showed puppy mills with small cages, with chicken wire floors, stacked in rows from floor to ceiling, and stated that many dogs spend their entire lives within these tiny cages. Many of these dogs are sold on the internet or by pet retailers to buyers who are unaware of the dogs' backgrounds. The report claimed that customers who object to this treatment of puppies unknowingly allow the industry to thrive. It also pointed out that many of the puppy mill bred dogs suffer long-term health problems.

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppy_mill
The National Companion Animal Coalition defines puppy mills as a high-volume, sub-standard dog breeding operation, which sells purebred or mixed-breed dogs, to unsuspecting buyers. Characteristics common to puppy mills include: sub-standard health and/or environment issues; sub-standard animal care, treatment and/or socialization; sub-standard breeding practices which lead to genetic defects or hereditary disorders; and erroneous or falsified certificates of registration, pedigree, and/or genetic background.

SOURCE: http://www.ontariospca.ca/1-glossary.shtml
MORE INFO: Animal Welfare Act

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:51 pm

I read RightPuppy's site when I came across it, and he says that of the Tamaskan Wolfdog "breed" he has 10-12 litters a year. I think maybe the 7 litters a month is all of his breeds together, or at least the ones that are more known and/or popular than the Tamaskan, which is a bit sad to think about as I believe that Tamaskans will only get increasingly popular in time when people start to notice them.
>> Nino <<

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:53 pm

Yes his 7 litters a month include his Shiba Inu as well, but it may or may not be every month. He definitely advertised 7 litters in one month at some point. Even so, he had more litters in one month than I have had in 10 years (which is 6, including the one I have now...)
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:49 pm

blufawn wrote:Yes his 7 litters a month include his Shiba Inu as well, but it may or may not be every month. He definitely advertised 7 litters in one month at some point. Even so, he had more litters in one month than I have had in 10 years (which is 6, including the one I have now...)
Yeah.. It is Crazy!
I really cannot believe that the puppies are well socialized and have the things in their upbringing they should have.

With 7 litters in a month, and maybe 10 pups in every litter, that's 70 puppies at a time...
I can't see how it is possible to give that amount of puppies the right kind of upbringing.
>> Nino <<

JessieLove09
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by JessieLove09 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:12 am

Multiple litters in one month and 10-12 litters each year is insane!
multiple-litters.jpg
litters.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jessica-
Molly-GSD
Rainbow Bridge:
Tanner, Max & Simba

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:46 am

He's boasted before that he produces 100-200 "Tamaskan" puppies per year... in addition to who-knows-how-many Shiba Inu puppies. In my mind, RPK is definitely (without a doubt) a Puppy Mill.

It's just funny because on his website, he wrote:
"We're Different: The thing that sets us apart from a lot of breeders is that all of our Shibas live inside the home with us. Although it can get hectic, it is well worth it. People constantly tell us how easily one of our puppies ...integrated into their new families with small children and other pets. From two weeks of age, our puppies begin socialization into real-world inside family life. Our adult shibas enjoy the comfort of sleeping with our daughter every night of the week."

http://www.rightpuppykennel.com/index.php?p=welcome
What? All 31 Adult Shibas sleep on her bed every night??? She must have a very BIG bed!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Such lies... :roll: :roll:

And then you see photos of his kennel...
It doesn't look like a "family home" to me... it looks like what it is: a commercial breeding facility!
kennel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JessieLove09
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by JessieLove09 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:52 am

JessieLove09 wrote:7 litters in one month and 10-12 litters each year is insane!
I agree 100%. Being a puppy mill is nothing to be proud of.

I found a link discussing the "Tamaskan Club of America" and RightPuppy Kennel's business practices:
http://wolflikedog.forumotion.net/gener ... m-t111.htm
Jessica-
Molly-GSD
Rainbow Bridge:
Tanner, Max & Simba

blossembear
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by blossembear » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:43 pm

I would like for someone to answer a question for me. Right Puppy Kennels is 1 hour from me in NC. After research and careful consideration I am finding that this kennel is not accepted by the National Tamaskan Association. Does anyone know SPECIFICALLY why? This is a new breed and I am very interested in a puppy. The information is vague and confusing and I hope someone can clear this up for me. I have breeding experience from years ago with a much more popular breed (bassetts) so breeder lingo is ok !

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:09 pm

Rightpuppy is a puppy mill. They mix their "tamaskans" with all kinds of different breeds so they are not pure tamaskans. They breed several litters per month, don't do any health testing, use underage dogs etc.

Please do NOT buy a puppy there!
You can find a list of TDR registered breeders here: http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/breeders/

Tarheel is a TDR registered breeder in North Carolina who is also an Admin on this forum; you should contact him! ;)

michifloo
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by michifloo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:28 am

RPK not only doesn't do any health testing but they also don't do DNA testing...
The other dogs they are using for their breeding are wolfy-looking unknown cross breeds, including (what he claims are) wolf hybrids.
"I like my dogs more than most people"

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:38 pm

michifloo wrote:RPK not only doesn't do any health testing but they also don't do DNA testing...
The other dogs they are using for their breeding are wolfy-looking unknown cross breeds, including (what he claims are) wolf hybrids.
Several of their breeding "tamaskans" are actually listed AS wolf hybrids, so there is nothing to say about them looking wolfy... :shock:
>> Nino <<

Terra
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Terra » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:00 am

Wow. I don't believe it. I haven't come to the forums in a long time because I was busy (sorry :cry: ) but I found some time and wanted to post some pictures. The thing is, I accidentally typed the wrong address:

http://www.tamaskanforum.com (instead of http://www.tamaskan-forum.com)

...and guess where it leads... Dun dun dun! RightPuppy Kennel :shock:

Not sure if that bothers anyone or if it's just me but buying out similar web names to misdirect people is not cool :(

Sigh... well I'm done with my complaining and I will go on and post some pictures of Terra in another thread now :P

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:59 am

Yeah, he is a bit sad really, he even owns a load of blustag names as well, I wouldn't be surprized if he has bought domains with other breeders' names as well, just to fool people into visiting HIS website.

gerzetich
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by gerzetich » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Has anyone else received harassing emails from Right Puppy Kennel, aka Kevin?

This dude has been emailing me ever since I posted on the forums. My husband called him, the guy said he was breeding 15 dogs at a time, 3 males currently the rest are females. And he also stated some of the mothers were very young.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but from my 'slandering', it was just restating everything he said. I wish there was some way to get this guy's puppymill shut down..

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:17 pm

Unfortunately you're not the first one to be harassed by him; he has also repeatedly threatened AND harassed John & Tina (of Tarheel) as well as several other individuals. Definitely keep all the emails from him and forward them to the police if he continues! :shock:

gerzetich
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by gerzetich » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:01 pm

I don't even own a Tamaskan..
it is not harrassment. it is communication. i have determined your town and hopefully an address. we might see each other then we can discuss in person.
Umm. This is really creepy..

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Yikes. Yeah, that sounds pretty hostile to me! What a creep...

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:52 pm

O.O I would call the cops! That's just disturbing!
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

gerzetich
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by gerzetich » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:59 am

Tomorrow I'm going to print off the entire email and file a police report. :?

I really feel bad for all those dogs and puppies he has, though.

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:50 am

Yeah he is a bit touched in the head I think. It is one thing to be a puppy mill or treat your dogs as a business but it is another to go above and beyond that and harass breeders, owners and unsuspecting people.

I have just now noticed that he owns http://www.blufawn.com as well as quite a few web addresses with blustag in the title.

Luckily I already own http://www.blufawn.co.uk but it does make you worry if he will go further like he did with his blustag website pretending to be Lynn and forwarding visitors to his own RPK website and also with his NTCA fake copycat website in earlier days.

I would suggest anyone wanting to be a breeder should buy their website BEFORE telling anyone your new kennel name just in case...

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:55 am

Gerzetich,

Could you please forward your email from RPK to me? Being that I am the closest person within the NTCA to RPK, I get a lot of people asking about him. I have also filed complaints about him to the BBB, Federal Trade Commission, and IC3.

It take everyone who gets effected by RPK to do their part and file complaints. Unfortunately the animals can't file complaints or his place would have been shut down long ago.

We are constantly making more contacts with people who have the pull to get something done. The NTCA VP has made some wonderful contacts in the Wolfdog Rescue community in the USA and they are very familiar with RPK. These people are always willing to help us.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Taz
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Taz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Treating his dogs like crap, or inanimate objects, trying to threaten/intimidate/harass other breeders/tamaskan owners or anyone interested in the breed. Buying web addresses and pretending to be other people etc.

I don't think I'd be being too harsh when I say, that I think RPK is one sad, miserable, lonely coward of an individual, who instead of acting like a petulant brat having a tantrum because he doesn't like to here the truth, he may instead want to try growing up and getting a life. Preferably one that doesn't include the above.
"Don't underestimate me.
I know more than I say.
Think more than I speak.
And notice more than you realize".
"you are free to choose
But you are not free
From the consequence of
Your choice "

JessieLove09
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by JessieLove09 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:18 am

I am lucky I live right around the corner from a police station. It will be like Xmas when he gets shutdown. I am guessing he is also a PIA for other wolfdog and wolf like breeds? This man must have been dropped as a child.
Jessica-
Molly-GSD
Rainbow Bridge:
Tanner, Max & Simba

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:03 am

I found several informative websites when I googled RPK. This made me laugh.
http://texx-wolf-tails.webs.com/misrepresentation.htm

RightPuppy made the list! :P

I also once left a comment on one of RPK's videos telling people they were not TDR breeders.
He sent me a pretty nasty message then blocked me.
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:42 am

Just so you can see what a nice guy RPK is... :shock:
http://wolfdogmyths.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... -mill.html
Would you like to go in meet the wolf parents? Let me know when you would like to schedule a time and meet the parents. I can put you in the cage with the arctic wolf parents.
What a piece of work... :evil: :evil:
RPK.jpg
It also seems that his story about having a large property where the dogs happily run around all day is bogus...
In his own words (from the above link):
my dogs live in an inside kennel. how would they know what month it is?

aronoiiel
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by aronoiiel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:52 am

. . . well I'm glad I found this forum before committing to anything heh. I've been chatting with him after looking over his site and the first thing I thought when I seen how many dogs he listed in his breeding program was puppy mill. I'm so very disappointed but I'd rather know now than later :(

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:00 am

I'm sure it must be a real shock to have your suspicions confirmed, but the only way to stop Puppy Mills is to stop people from buying from them and to educate the general public. Sadly, many people ignore the warning bells (the countless breeding dogs he owns, the multiple litters, the lack of health testing, the fact you can purchase a puppy instantly via PAYPAL with the click of a button, etc) and then they end up with an overpriced crossbreed that's been misidentified as a pedigree dog with registration papers, which you might as well just get from an Animal Shelter instead! The only difference is that dogs from an Animal Shelter are healthy...

aronoiiel
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by aronoiiel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:26 pm

It's not so much a shock as a disappointment but it's all good I'm very glad I decided to research other breeders and info before impulsively diving in. Frankly he sounded like he was in a hurry to sell the puppies and didn't ask ANY of the questions that a responsible breeder would when considering a home for their pups. The breeder I got my sibe from was very detailed and thorough with her questions, application, and housing stuff before she let me put a deposit on my girl. THAT is the red flag I got from his guy that hinted things were off. I really hope in some way he can get shut down it's not good for his dogs or the future of any creature he's breeding :(

Emielle
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Emielle » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:51 pm

Claire Hamilton: I was thinking about buying one of your dogs, but wanted to chat to someone first to see what they recommended. Can you help me out?
You are now speaking with Kevin of Customer Service.
Kevin: which breed of dog?
Kevin: i have shibas and tamaskans
Claire Hamilton: The Tamaskan wolfdog.
Kevin: go ahead
Claire Hamilton: Well I was wondering mainly what the dogs are. As in, are they actually part wolf?
Kevin: that is unknown
Kevin: they were bred in finland
Claire Hamilton: How can it be unknown?
Kevin: they could have used anything for their foundation dogs
Kevin: all dogs came from wolves
Claire Hamilton: Yes, a few thousand years ago.
Kevin: who knows what is in the past generations.
Claire Hamilton: But do you not know the pedigrees of the dogs? Surely that's standard paperwork?
Claire Hamilton: Or are they not pedigree that you breed?
Kevin: we have what they gave us
Claire Hamilton: But you don't know what that is?
Kevin: again, there is no way to be 100% certain that a wolf-dog was not used in the past
Kevin: i breed wolf hybrids and the dogs look extremely similar
Claire Hamilton: Ohh, so they are wolf hybrids. Is that safe?
Kevin: i did not say that
Kevin: not at all
Claire Hamilton: 'Kevin: i breed wolf hybrids'
Kevin: The Tamaskan is the wolfdog without any wolf
Claire Hamilton: But there are varieties of Tamaskan, right? I don't know the details, but I came across your site first,
Kevin: they breed them in England
Claire Hamilton: But those ones are all domesticated dog bloodlines, no recent wolf? Do you know?
Claire Hamilton: Sorry this seems complicated.
Kevin: i know what i have been told. i just got into these in 2005
Claire Hamilton: Oh right, okay. So will you have a new litter any time soon?
Kevin: we had one 2 days ago
Kevin: did you see our litter video
Claire Hamilton: And when would the next soonest be? I have to chat to my husband about all this, he'd be sorting it out.
Claire Hamilton: And no, I didn't.
Kevin: they will be ready to go in about 7-8 weeks
Claire Hamilton: Oh, that sounds great
Kevin: are you in the UK?
Kevin: would you not want to buy from there?
Claire Hamilton: I am, but I haven't researched very far yet.
Kevin: ok.
Claire Hamilton: I thought that there was some vague differences.
Kevin: my puppies look different
Kevin: that is my opipion
Kevin: opinion
Kevin: you will have to get the puppies that look best to you.
Claire Hamilton: And what about health-wise? Could I see parent's health records or anything?
Kevin: i have sold 215 tamaskan puppies so far.
Kevin: no, that would not be possible.
Kevin: i would prefer that you work with the UK people. That way there is no international shipping issues.
Kevin: thanks for contacting us.
Claire Hamilton: Why wouldn't it be possible?
Kevin: there is a lot of extra work for international shipping.
Claire Hamilton: I meant health records.
Kevin: i prefer not to send them to you.
Kevin: nothing personal
Kevin: i think you should contact the UK breeders now
Kevin: they will give you everything that you need.
Claire Hamilton: Right.
Kevin: again, nothing personal
Kevin: bye
Your party has left this session.
Claire Hamilton: Hah.
I'm not actually called Claire Hamilton, but it seemed to work for this experiment. I wanted to check RPK out for myself, so that's what ensued. Just made me even angrier, so I doubt I seemed even mildly curious about buying one of his dogs. And attempting to sound like I have no clue what he is was really hard. xD This is just more fuel for the fire, especially with all the Tuffy goings-on. If there's a letter made, I will definitely email it. Count me in, this guy needs brought down.
Email: emielleface@gmail.com

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:56 pm

wowzer.... what really gets me is the "i have sold 215 tamaskan puppies so far" without any health testing / records. :shock:
It's interesting that he referred you to the "UK People" though, as he has shipped dogs to the UK in the past.
Thanks for posting this here... it was very enlightening!

Emielle
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Emielle » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:47 pm

Yes, that bit got me too. I asked about quality, not quantity, and if he expects people to think him reputable because he's sold a lot of dogs, he has another think coming. Any good breeder would happily share that info as far as I'm concerned. :shock:

And with the UK people thing, I think he might have cottoned on that if I bought a dog and found a health issue, I'd bring him down. :P Safer to keep me away and avoid that.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:03 am

Interesting chat, especially the part were he refers you to the UK people. I think he got scared of you asking so many important questions. Most people will probably just pay the bill and that's it... Still can't believe that there are so many people out there who don't do any research and just buy a pup like that. :roll:

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:43 pm

Does anyone think we should make an Anti-RightPuppy Kennel page on Facebook? It seems to get more attention since Facebook is very widely used. Maybe it's a stupid idea but as I read more and more, I'm just boiled and want to do what I can to take that jerk down. :evil: :x

Also, if/whenever he does get shut down, what will happen to all the dogs?

michifloo
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by michifloo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:28 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:Also, if/whenever he does get shut down, what will happen to all the dogs?
The Tamaskan Rescue is able to step up with the large network we have made. There are safe places for them to go, at least the purebred Tams, not sure about the other breeds as we do not know what they are... but there will be somewhere for them to go...
"I like my dogs more than most people"

Emielle
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Emielle » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:01 pm

Rahne wrote:Interesting chat, especially the part were he refers you to the UK people. I think he got scared of you asking so many important questions. Most people will probably just pay the bill and that's it... Still can't believe that there are so many people out there who don't do any research and just buy a pup like that. :roll:
You'd think anyone would be confused as to why the pups were available over PAYPAL of all things, and why so little questions were asked of them. It baffles me that they think this sort of thing is standard practice, not doing home checks and everything. Plus, when you DO ask the right questions, RPK decides they don't want to sell to you at all. Tells you a lot about the people buying these 'Tamaskans' and it's sad.

Elizabeth
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Elizabeth » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:07 pm

From what I have heard (from the Wolf Sanctuary up here) RPK's "wolf hybrids" are not wolfdogs, either: they are nothing more than glorified mutts, which in turn causes many more problems. Nowadays, no breed of dog should be labeled wrong, due to such crappy BSL Laws! People who own Huskies, Mal's, and soon the Tamaskan's, will all have to deal with this foolish man destroying their dogs' reputation, for nothing more than money. I hope this will stop at least him. There are always more, but one dog at a time.

Using the information from this thread, I made contact with RPK to ask him questions (as a potential buyer) twice. I received two separate answers! My girlfriend from Wolfdog rescue, contacted him today and wow... I am, for once, in my loud, occasionally vulgar, Portuguese life, at an utter loss of words:

1: First contact. I was told he only breed Tamaskans, no wolf. He can't even touch his Wolfdogs, only his daughter, and that's why he stopped breeding them...

Five hours later, I asked if Nuka (Timber Wolf Hybrid, although, Amy told me it looks No/Lo content) was used in his program, his answer, Why Yes, she "may" be pregnant from Tumble (Tamaskan). Then proceeds to try to get me to buy now.

2: Today, Amy sends an email in regards to Wolfdog Hybrids for sale, Hi/Med content, he responded that yes, he was, His Nuka, Timber Wolf, "was" pregnant by his Timber Stud Yukon.

He never answered her email about their size, age, or past litters, but he told me this was her first.

Amy thinks he is using his Shiba's in the program. These guys sizes are off for what is supposedly being used to breed. BS

Same dog, different studs, no clue on history, no ethics, no medical info... just straight, ball faced lies.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Wow... that is crazy!! :shock: :o

The more I hear / learn about RightPuppy... the MORE shocked I become and every time I think to myself: my opinion of him can't possibly get ANY lower... and then someone else posts some new info about him or his latest activities and I just become even more shocked than before. WHAT NEXT???

Taz
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Taz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:41 pm

My opinion of this man is now so low, it couldn't reach past the waist height of an earthworm.

On the subject of his breeding, I thought he had crossed his Tamaskan-ish type dogs with his Shiba Inus at least once.
"Don't underestimate me.
I know more than I say.
Think more than I speak.
And notice more than you realize".
"you are free to choose
But you are not free
From the consequence of
Your choice "

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Taz wrote:On the subject of his breeding, I thought he had crossed his Tamaskan-ish type dogs with his Shiba Inus at least once.
Yes... poor thing. :cry:

In summer 2009, RightPuppy Kennel advertised a “Shamaskan Inu” puppy that was the offspring of a MALE Tamaskan Wolfdog (80 lbs) and a FEMALE Shiba Inu (25 lbs)... the first and only such mating in the world (and, one would hope, the last). Despite hoping that this breeding was the result of an unfortunate accidental mating, the puppy was listed for sale for hundreds of dollars as a super rare "Shamaskan Inu" - the only one in the litter. Whether it was born naturally or via cesarean section is unknown, as is whether the dam survived.
SHAMaskan.jpg
Shamaskan.jpg
More discussion about this puppy on a Shiba Inu forum:
http://www.dogster.com/forums/Shiba_inu/thread/612587

MelB
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by MelB » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:45 pm

I want to cry.... because of the willful ignorance of people supporting puppy mills and not wanting to understand the difference between good & bad breeders or between real Tamaskans & cross-bred imitations.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=1 ... &topic=170

So depressing & scary. Makes me wonder what will become of my girl (and other Tamaskans of course) if ever there is a backlash because of all this silliness.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:33 pm

MelB wrote:I want to cry.... because of the willful ignorance of people supporting puppy mills and not wanting to understand the difference between good & bad breeders or between real Tamaskans & cross-bred imitations.
Don't get upset. I was really angry when I read those comments too... all you can do is try to educate and hope for the best. Some people will just never learn, even if you give them all the facts. *sigh*

RPK recently gave his OWN kennel a very positive review... after receiving a very negative review. He simply rated the bad review very low (1 star) so that it would be filtered out... now you have to click a link and correctly match a CAPTCHA image to see it. *sigh*
Bad-Review.jpg
Good-Review.jpg

malamutemick
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by malamutemick » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:56 pm

I Don't Normally Comment On These Issues Because I Tend To Go On Like Victor Meldrew :x (Lyn Says) But I Can Not Believe The Sort Of Moron Who Would Right Such Utter Rubbish About An Out & Out Puppy Farm Who Are Quite Obviously Only In It For The Money & Makes It SO easy For Misguided Fools To Part With There's & Then Dump The Poor Dogs On Over Stretched Rescue Centers When They Are Bored With Them Or They Don't Match The Curtains. I Apologize For My Rant But It Make Me So Angry :x :x

MelB
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by MelB » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Yes, it's the ignorant responses on there that have me so infuriated. I've already joined the campaign and was about to post a reply there but jmarino beat me to it practically word for word but much more eloquently.