"Tamaskan Wolfdog" (RightPuppy Kennel - RPK)

Info about scams and false advertisements relating to the sale of Tamaskan Dogs (or fake "Tamaskans").
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: "Tamaskan Wolfdog" (RightPuppy Kennel - RPK)

Post by Nino » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Tatzel wrote:So in case you should not be a troll, not be the man himself, or someone who was sent by him to clean his vest, the only thing I want to say to you is: before you make up an opinion and come in guns blazing; do some proper research. Look at the case from all sides, and not just one point. Observe, ask, be critical, and then form an opinion! Because otherwise you'll just look like a tool.
Hear hear!
>> Nino <<

Rhokk
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Rhokk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Tatzel wrote: So in case you should not be a troll, not be the man himself, or someone who was sent by him to clean his vest, the only thing I want to say to you is: before you make up an opinion and come in guns blazing; do some proper research. Look at the case from all sides, and not just one point. Observe, ask, be critical, and then form an opinion! Because otherwise you'll just look like a tool.
I REALLY hope you're using 'you' in the general sense. I read this entire thread last night, front to finish. I've seen every trick he tried to pull off and how backwards he was. The guy is batshit crazy and needs to answer for his actions. He has caused irreparable harm to the TDR and its members, I understand that.

As it has evidently failed, my previous post in this thread was an attempt at some lighthearted humor. I'm sorry that you feel the need to call me a tool. I can assure you that I'm a real person], that I am not in any way affiliated with RPK, and that when I plan on buying a Tamaskan, it will be from a reputable breeder.

Not every 'newbie' on this forum is a rat for Kevin, nor should you treat them as such. It's very discouraging for those who want to help contribute to an otherwise awesome community.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Rhokk wrote:I REALLY hope you're using 'you' in the general sense. I read this entire thread last night, front to finish. I've seen every trick he tried to pull off and how backwards he was. The guy is batshit crazy and needs to answer for his actions. He has caused irreparable harm to the TDR and its members, I understand that.

As it has evidently failed, my previous post in this thread was an attempt at some lighthearted humor. I'm sorry that you feel the need to call me a tool. I can assure you that I'm a real person, that I am not in any way affiliated with RPK, and that when I plan on buying a Tamaskan, it will be from a reputable breeder.

Not every 'newbie' on this forum is a rat for Kevin, nor should you treat them as such. It's very discouraging for those who want to help contribute to an otherwise awesome community.
I believe most of the above posts if not all up until jimking44's post were reactions to "jimking44"'s post not yours..
>> Nino <<

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:56 pm

I'm pretty sure they're not talking to you rhokk, but to jimking44
Image Image

Rhokk
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Rhokk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Ah, well Tatzel DID quote my post. :\

EDIT: ...aaaaaand now the embarrassment sets in. :oops:

skyedream
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by skyedream » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Don't be too embarrassed, it's really easy to take things the wrong way online. Especially here when emotions can get so high and sometimes there's even the language barrier to contend with!

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Tatzel wrote:
So in case you should not be a troll, not be the man himself, or someone who was sent by him to clean his vest, the only thing I want to say to you is: before you make up an opinion and come in guns blazing; do some proper research. Look at the case from all sides, and not just one point. Observe, ask, be critical, and then form an opinion! Because otherwise you'll just look like a tool.
Very well said.
Yeah I DID had some suspicion at first when I saw that post by jimking44 but chose not to feed into it until now. I currently don't know who that person who wrote the comment is either but the way they shot at us claiming there is little to no evidence (what the world? :x ) and mentioned how the posts from us being "highly entertaining" does sound very suspicious to me. :?
Rhokk wrote:Ah, well Tatzel DID quote my post. :\

No need to feel embarassed, this topic IS a very highly emotional one especially since some of the people discussing here HAVE been attacked by RPK, myself included, and misunderstandings can occur like what's already been said but just to reassure, no one is attacking you. And I don't think Tatzel meant anything personal towards you. From the looks of the comment, it sounds more like Tatzel was mostly responding to jimking44 and not you.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Rhokk wrote:Ah, well Tatzel DID quote my post. :\

aww ffff, of course the second part of my comment was not directed against you, but to that new user who left that biased post!
Sorry, I should have made that more clear with a breaking line or anything visual to seperate it from my reply to you! I obviously wasn't thinking that you could take offense by it thinking it was geared towards you D:

Tamaskan7
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tamaskan7 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:20 pm

I don't know much about Tamaskans, but THANK GOD i did my research! I was about ready to place a deposit on a right puppy kennel but something told me not to. Soooo i kept on reading... but i still don't know what a Tamakan acts like and i have never met one and really want to. I also want to know about health and temperament. can anyone help? Btw i joined 5 minutes ago so I have no idea how to use this site lol. Thanks in advance,
TaMaSkAn!!!!

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sat May 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Tamaskan7 wrote:I don't know much about Tamaskans, but THANK GOD i did my research! I was about ready to place a deposit on a right puppy kennel but something told me not to. Soooo i kept on reading... but i still don't know what a Tamakan acts like and i have never met one and really want to. I also want to know about health and temperament. can anyone help? Btw i joined 5 minutes ago so I have no idea how to use this site lol. Thanks in advance,
If you head to the introductions section of the forum and make an intro thread, I'm sure some folks who reply to your thread there may be able to tell you if there are any Tamaskan owners near you. :)

Welcome to the forum, btw.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun May 06, 2012 1:03 am

Tamaskan7 wrote:I don't know much about Tamaskans, but THANK GOD i did my research! I was about ready to place a deposit on a right puppy kennel but something told me not to. Soooo i kept on reading... but i still don't know what a Tamakan acts like and i have never met one and really want to. I also want to know about health and temperament. can anyone help? Btw i joined 5 minutes ago so I have no idea how to use this site lol. Thanks in advance,
Welcome to the forum, happy that you are doing your research :D There is the National Tamaskan Club of America Tamaskan Dog Show 2012 that will be hosted in Wisconsin, there should be a big turn up there and a great way to meet and get to know the breed.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:41 am

http://www.rightpuppykennel.com/

RightPuppyKennel seems to be gone for good?
The fake Blustag website and the Tamaskan Club of american website are still up though...

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:21 am

So is yadkin wolf den.

He got rid of the tam truth site as well as RPK. I think it's because he wants to start with a new name that no one has heard of in hopes of deceiving people (thinking that he's not the puppy mill from the news). I hope no one falls for it :(
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

darazan
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by darazan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:28 am

Oh, he's still running his puppy mill, but with different names. He still uses blustagtamaskan and myshiba (they're actually run through the same thing, as evidenced by blustagtamaskan's live chat redirecting to myshiba). He even had another litter born today from the sound of it. The good news is that he and his daughter are also being tried in an ongoing court case for falsifying veterinary health certificates and a few other felony charges.

http://salisbury.wbtv.com/news/crime/86 ... ony-counts
-Crystal

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:10 pm

What did ever become of the class action law suit? Or was there never any?
I was under the impression that something was collectively charged against him for pulling everyone's name into the mud through his tamaskantruth website?

Salandbarbara
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

I made a mistake

Post by Salandbarbara » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:54 pm

Hello everyone. I have been interested in Tamaskans for a while now and during my initial research of the breed, I found that Blustag is the developer. That being said, while I was reading site-after-site and post-after-post all other the internet, I found the website for Blustag Tamaskans. Thinking it was the original Blustag and seeing puppies available, I scrambled around in excitement and placed a deposit on a puppy. It was only after the fact that I found out I had been tricked by the once Right Puppy Kennel (RPK). I searched all over and uncovered the truth about the father-daughter fiasco going on over there and I am horrified. My deposit is non-refundable and I am locked into this breeder now. (the deposit is far too much to just walk away from)
I feel incredibly dumb and furious. I thought I was going to get a beautiful Tamaskan pup and be part of this awesome community of Tam-lovers. Now, after the countless hours of reading, I have a feeling that I will be shunned from the community and my future family member will be also.

My ultimate question is that if the puppy I adopt is true to the Tamaskan breed standard and all of his health examinations (DM, hip, wolf content, etc) all check out, would my puppy be considered to be registered in the TDR?

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: I made a mistake

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Salandbarbara wrote:Hello everyone. I have been interested in Tamaskans for a while now and during my initial research of the breed, I found that Blustag is the developer. That being said, while I was reading site-after-site and post-after-post all other the internet, I found the website for Blustag Tamaskans. Thinking it was the original Blustag and seeing puppies available, I scrambled around in excitement and placed a deposit on a puppy. It was only after the fact that I found out I had been tricked by the once Right Puppy Kennel (RPK). I searched all over and uncovered the truth about the father-daughter fiasco going on over there and I am horrified. My deposit is non-refundable and I am locked into this breeder now. (the deposit is far too much to just walk away from)
I feel incredibly dumb and furious. I thought I was going to get a beautiful Tamaskan pup and be part of this awesome community of Tam-lovers. Now, after the countless hours of reading, I have a feeling that I will be shunned from the community and my future family member will be also.

My ultimate question is that if the puppy I adopt is true to the Tamaskan breed standard and all of his health examinations (DM, hip, wolf content, etc) all check out, would my puppy be considered to be registered in the TDR?
We will not shun you or your puppy (that is just silly!). In our Online Tamaskan Dog Show, we even have a spot for the Tamaskan look-alikes. Many others have been fooled as well. My best advice is to walk away from the deposit (unless you payed through PayPal, I think you can contact PayPal and contest it?). If you go on through getting the puppy, you are opening up another space for them to sell more pups. You may get lucky with a pup that is healthy, or you may end up with heartache. The only way your pup could be registered as a Tamaskan with the TDR is if it were born from Tamaskan parents (and not a Tamaskan mix parent or a mix that looks similar to a Tamaskan, you couldn't get a pup from a German Shepherd litter claimed to be a different breed and have it registered as said breed for example).
Hope this helps, I'm sure others may have better advice than I, and I'm sorry if I come off in any way rude as I never intend to be.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:58 pm

Here's the info from the TDR website regarding registration. I believe the last section may be what you're looking for...hope this helps! :)

http://www.tamaskan-dog.org/registry/li ... gistration

Also, please post pics of your new pup when he/she arrives - we love seeing puppy pictures!! (in fact, it seems there are never enough...regardless of breed. lol.)

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Like jo said, we won't shun you for being scammed. But you should be aware of the possibility that you will get a very sick puppy that will cost you a lot more than the deposit you have put down with a whole lot of heartache on top. I would suggest talking to other owners of rpk dogs. They have a special facebook page where they talk about their experienceswith him and their dogs.
Image Image

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:19 pm

I actually made the same mistake a couple of years ago. He still has my deposit of $400 CND and refuses to give it back. It is a lot of money but with the amount of deathly (I kid you not!!!!) ill pups that come out of there; I strongly suggest you walk away. Several people who have taken their new "RPK" puppies to the vet have them graded as 1/5 or emaciated - not to mention the giardia, epilepsy, and other sicknesses he has running rampant through his so called kennel. You'll save a fortune in vet bills if you wait for a real, TDR (health tested) puppy.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Salandbarbara
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Salandbarbara » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:19 pm

Thank you for the kind responses. I have read about giardia being found in many of the puppies from them (of course after i placed a deposit). Since there is an option to video chat with them to show the pup, I had a short session to see our future addition to the family and he did not seem emaciated so that is one good thing. The day after he comes home with us he has an appointment to the vet to test and treat any possible parasite or infection so we can try and start off with a clean slate. The one thing that I am worried about is the possibilty of hip dyplasia. I guess only time will tell but as soon as he is old enough, he will be getting his hips examined. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a healthy and happy family member for many years to come. Thanks for the support and I will keep you posted with photos and experiences.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:34 pm

Salandbarbara wrote:Thank you for the kind responses. I have read about giardia being found in many of the puppies from them (of course after i placed a deposit). Since there is an option to video chat with them to show the pup, I had a short session to see our future addition to the family and he did not seem emaciated so that is one good thing. The day after he comes home with us he has an appointment to the vet to test and treat any possible parasite or infection so we can try and start off with a clean slate. The one thing that I am worried about is the possibilty of hip dyplasia. I guess only time will tell but as soon as he is old enough, he will be getting his hips examined. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a healthy and happy family member for many years to come. Thanks for the support and I will keep you posted with photos and experiences.
Rpk also has epilepsy in his dogs. I know you are in love with this puppy, but please, really think about this. Join the tamaskan 2.0 group and talk to the people who have gotten sick pups from him.
Image Image

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:54 pm

Kylievr wrote:
Salandbarbara wrote:Thank you for the kind responses. I have read about giardia being found in many of the puppies from them (of course after i placed a deposit). Since there is an option to video chat with them to show the pup, I had a short session to see our future addition to the family and he did not seem emaciated so that is one good thing. The day after he comes home with us he has an appointment to the vet to test and treat any possible parasite or infection so we can try and start off with a clean slate. The one thing that I am worried about is the possibilty of hip dyplasia. I guess only time will tell but as soon as he is old enough, he will be getting his hips examined. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a healthy and happy family member for many years to come. Thanks for the support and I will keep you posted with photos and experiences.
Rpk also has epilepsy in his dogs. I know you are in love with this puppy, but please, really think about this. Join the tamaskan 2.0 group and talk to the people who have gotten sick pups from him.
I would also highly suggest purchasing puppy insurance and maintaining insurance for the life of your pup if to decide to follow through with this.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:46 am

PS no one here will shun you :)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by balto13 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:16 am

Katlin wrote:PS no one here will shun you :)
yes, even if you do go through with it. Good luck on either of your decisions, it's a lot to think about. I am glad you found the forum and hope you stick around :)

this is a link to the Tamaskan Truth 2.0 facebook group that Kylie mentioned .Its a group with only RPK owned dogs so that you can freely talk there about your situation https://www.facebook.com/groups/2837575 ... 8/?fref=ts feel free to send a request now even if you don't have the pup. They can give their own personal experiences

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:08 pm

I found this website with reports/complaints from Kevin's vet;
http://nekotamaskanwolfdog.weebly.com/p ... ge--2.html

Makes me really sick reading all of this. I can't help but blame the vets, too, shouldn't they have reported him??

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by balto13 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Tatzel wrote:I found this website with reports/complaints from Kevin's vet;

Makes me really sick reading all of this. I can't help but blame the vets, too, shouldn't they have reported him??
I agree, but I don't know if do vets do that kind of thing - Report people

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:50 am

balto13 wrote:

They certainly do over here in Germany when they feel there is something fishy about the owner (as in see signs of abuse/neglect), so it really is a bit beyond me that it's not happening in the US either.
Especially when a breeder is suspicious, vets tend to call the County Veterinary Office upon them.

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by balto13 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:26 pm

Tatzel wrote:
balto13 wrote:

They certainly do over here in Germany when they feel there is something fishy about the owner (as in see signs of abuse/neglect), so it really is a bit beyond me that it's not happening in the US either.
Especially when a breeder is suspicious, vets tend to call the County Veterinary Office upon them.
that's really cool, its too bad vets in Germany weren't the first ones to do check up on RPK pups :?

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:28 pm

I wondered what has become of the charges against Kevin today and went on google to look only to find this:
http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20 ... 130909774/

Charges against Right Puppy Kennel owner dismissed, daughter receives probation

[...]But court records said there was insufficient evidence to warrant prosecuting the case.

The court document also said there was no proof Settineri forged papers, unless it could be proven by co-defendant Danielle Settineri, his daughter. All nine counts of felony obtaining property by false pretenses were dismissed in late July.

You got to be kidding me.
I'm furious about this injustice! I was hoping they would shut his place down, but no. He keeps breeding and keeps doing his shady buisness.

I'm so sorry for the poor animals.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:10 am

I bet he paid them off B( It is infuriating knowing that they still continue. The best we can do is keep warning everyone about them.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:42 pm

I suspect bribery