FAKE Blustag?

Info about scams and false advertisements relating to the sale of Tamaskan Dogs (or fake "Tamaskans").
Aetherwulf
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

FAKE Blustag?

Post by Aetherwulf » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Greetings all, I'm a university student hailing from the midwestern United States, and I've been an admirer of Tamaskans for a while now (being a wolf-lover), but they seemed so rare in my region that I doubted I'd ever have a real chance at seeing or owning this beautiful dog.

However, browsing the web this morning, I found a site listing a Tamaskan breeder--RIGHT near the town where my parents will soon live! Needless to say I was excited. The breeder found was listed at tamaskan.com, as Blustag Kennels. But another Google search revealed tamaskan-dog.us. Having read the information at tamaskan-dog.us, I am confused and disheartened.

Is Blustag Kennels in Shell Knob, Missouri a legitimate kennel? I notice there is a kennel of the same name in the UK and Finland. Are they associated, or did the USA kennel steal a European kennel's name? What is going on here?

Needless to say I'm a bit bewildered and disappointed. Can anyone enlighten me in regards to this?

Rahne

Re: FAKE Blustag?

Post by Rahne » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:49 pm

Blustag Kennels is in the UK, http://tamaskan-dog.com/blustag/.
The site 'tamaskan.com' is owned by RightPuppy kennels, a puppy mill!

From the official Blustag site:
STOLEN: MY PREFIX, BLUSTAG, REGISTERED WITH THE UK KENNEL CLUB AND THE FCI (EUROPE) HAS BEEN STOLEN BY A BREEDER IN THE USA FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DUPING THE PUBLIC INTO THINKING THAT THEY ARE BUYING MY DOGS. PLEASE BEWARE!'

About Rightpuppy:
Tamaskan Wolfdogs are only bred by one kennel: Rightpuppy. He has three pure Tamaskans that he breeds with wolf hybrids, among other breeds. He breeds up to 7 litters per month and his dogs have been known to suffer from multiple health issues. He is a puppy mill / farm.

Aetherwulf
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Aetherwulf » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Oh my goodness, that's terrible! It did start alarm bells going off in my head when I saw "wolfdog" plastered everywhere. Wolfdogs are not household pets, they need specialized care. I thought the entire point of the Tamaskan breed was to have an intelligent, well-mannered, trainable wolf-looking dog without any wolf blood. To find this level of dishonesty so close to home is really disappointing.

So do the name thieves even breed dogs, or is it just some henchman of RightPuppy trademarking names to cause trouble? The phone number listed is real--the area code is correct for that town, at least. Unfortunately it's a rural area, I can definitely imagine a puppy mill hiding out there... =/ It's so close that before I found out about all this I planning to visit.

Edit: To clarify, if the fake "Blustag" is a puppy mill, my father can easily get me in contact with the local authority figures (my father has lived on and off in Shell Knob for many years and the sheriff is his acquaintance, as is common in small towns) and I will inquire if anything can be done to shut down an inhumane breeding establishment. I'm considering calling the "kennel" number myself. Has anyone actually spoken with these people?

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:01 pm

HI I have just come online now for a quick check as we are in the middle of moving house and will be offline from tomorrow. Yes Right Puppy got their friends to register my Blustag affix with them to make it look like they are affiliated to myself and help them sell their puppies. Apparently the person using my affix said that they were not going to actually use it but sell it to me...duh!!! If there is anything that can be done to get them to remove my name from their website would be much appreciated, and then I can remove the warning from my own website. It is disgraceful that this has been allowed to continue the way it has. If anyone can have RP Kennels shut down it would be a blessing but I doubt it is possible. Lynn (Blustag)

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:48 pm

The Tamaskan Dog Register Committee has an International Blacklist, which has been in place for over 6 months now, for TDR Registered Breeders so that they can make informed decisions about potential puppy purchasers and suspicious inquiries. The full list is long and detailed, and not for the public eye, but I will quote for you the info we have on the "Fake Blustag" Kennel:
“Blustag Kennels” (Shell Knob, Missouri)
Chihuahua Breeder: http://www.chihuahuasbyratliff.com

Along with Rightpuppy Kennel (a Puppy Mill) this is, at the time of writing, the only other breeder registered with the “Tamaskan Club of America” (a fake club designed to fool customers into thinking they have purchased a genuine registered Tamaskan). Jonathan and Glenda are Chihuahua Breeders and have been for 10 years; as far as I know they do not even own a Tamaskan or have plans to breed them. Their "Blustag Kennels" website has been listed as “Coming Soon” for over a year now. It is no coincidence that they used Lynn Hardey's (the REAL Blustag) internationally recognized Kennel Affix, which is registered with the UK Kennel Club and the FCI (Europe). Their kennel name and association with the fake "Tamaskan Wolfdog" was no doubt RPK's idea to con more customers into thinking that his fake registry, the “Tamaskan Club of America” is legit as Lynn (the REAL Blustag) is the founder of the Tamaskan breed. After contacting Jonathan & Glenda Ratliff, the reasoning given by Jonathan for obtaining the Blustag Kennel domain name in the first place was because: “it was available and I can profit from it in the future by selling it back to the original Blustag Breeder.”
This is a definite scam, though at this point it is not certain if they actually even OWN, let alone breed, these "Tamaskan Wolfdogs". It looks as though RPK just listed them with his fake registry for public image and to trick people.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

jmarino82
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by jmarino82 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:12 pm

Unfortunately fake Tamaskan breeders and others are going to try and make some quick money off of the Tamaskan name. It's sad, but the only way to truely find a Tamaskan is through the TDR and it's list of registered breeders. If you don't buy from a registered breeder you run the risk of getting a seriously ill, poorly bred, possible wolf mix.

Perhaps someone in the TDR could put you in contact with a Tamaskan owner who's not too far from you and they might let you meet their dogs or something so you could get to know the breed. You will be in love once you do. They are such great dogs.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:52 am

Aetherwulf,
You need to make a road trip to North Carolina for the NTCA Inaugural Tamaskan Round Up and Dog Show. The date is set for Aug 14th. We just made this announcememt last week and we have eight Tamaskans already scheduled to be there.
If you make a weekend out of it, we are located near the Outerbanks of North Carolina, a very nice beach vacation sopt.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Aetherwulf
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Aetherwulf » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:42 am

Unfortunately I probably cannot do anything about the name beyond giving these people a stern talking to. The rightful owner would have to take them to court over it, and even then since it was not a registered trademark in the U.S. beforehand there would likely be little you could do about it. It would not be the first time someone has registered something to try to force the true owner to buy it. You would need to speak to a lawyer.

What I CAN do is give them a call and ask to see their breeding facilities, and if they're keeping animals in inhumane conditions, call the police. But if they're just a little chihuahua breeder and there's no animal cruelty going on, I can't do anything at all. I called my father and he hadn't heard of the name, but he had heard that there might be a puppy mill in the area and said he'd do what he could to investigate. Mayhaps something can still be done.

North Carolina is much too far for me at the moment. I had a trip to Pennsylvania with friends planned this summer (I'm with a medieval combat organization and our annual national event is out there) and had to cancel because the travel costs would be too high for us, especially since I'm leaving in the fall to study at a foreign university for a year and I have those costs to think of. I have been thinking of finally getting my own dog when I return since I'll fully be moving out then. (My father has a husky/shepherd shelter rescue and my mother has a border collie mix from the same shelter, and while they're family, they're definitely my parents' dogs.) So, I was excited when I thought there was a breeder near me that I could easily visit. :( I guess it is something that will have to wait until I return again, and travel costs would mean I'd need more than one reason to go all the way out there...

michifloo
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by michifloo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Hello Aetherwolf,

Too bad you can't swing a trip to NC with us...we're outside of Madison, WI. But money is always a limiting factor, eh?
"I like my dogs more than most people"

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Aetherwulf wrote: I had a trip to Pennsylvania with friends planned this summer (I'm with a medieval combat organization and our annual national event is out there) and had to cancel because the travel costs would be too high for us,
That IS too bad! We're in Pennsylvania--and I bet I know what Medieval Faire you're talking about...Which is only an hour away from us. I've been thinking it would be cool to take Freyja to a Medieval Faire. I could dress as an elf--and walk around with a wolf :lol:
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Tamaddict
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Fake Blustag

Post by Tamaddict » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:07 am

Hey not sure if anyone knows this but the fake blustag breeders, the ones with the chihuahuas, now has "tamaskans". I don't know where the got them, prob RPK, but they look pretty Tam-ish to me. They have already produced a litter with a wolf hybrid.

New site: http://www.puppiesbyratliff.com/index.html
-Michelle

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: "Tamaskan Wolfdog" (RightPuppy Kennel)

Post by Valravn » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:18 am

Those are RPK dogs. I remember seeing them on his facebook.
"Hufflepuff’s symbol is a badger, which is fluffy, adorable, unassuming, and will rip your face off if you threaten something it cares about, which sums the House up quite neatly."

Korinne
コリン

Tamaddict
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Tamaddict » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:32 am

Ah, I figured. Has anyone see RPK's latest litter? He has one pup that looks like a straight up husky pup, lol. Yeah, full blood tamaskan alright, :roll:
-Michelle

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:41 am

Does not make sense to me to promote the non-wolf content of Tamaskans then cross them with a wolf hybrid. I hope they treat their dogs better than RPK.

CaliforniaWolf
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by CaliforniaWolf » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:32 pm

SIZE 24-28 INCHES
WEIGHT 50-84 LBS
That seems smaller than normal tams :? . My view of them (especially the males) are much larger? Perhaps I'm wrong?
Here for a "howling" good time :)

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:48 pm

http://www.tamaskan-dog.us/web/Breed_Standard.html
Height at the Withers:
Adult Males 25” – 33” to the shoulder
Adult Females 24” – 26” to the shoulder
Weight:
Adult Males 70 – 110 lbs
Adult Females 55 – 90 lbs
Would seem that you are right...
>> Nino <<

Tamaddict
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Tamaddict » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:48 am

The funny thing about that crossing is that most of the pups have husky/mal like markings. They didn't do themselves any favors breeding with a white sire. They only puppies that have sold are the darker ones, lol.
-Michelle

Sammi58
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

They breeding Tamaskans with wolf hybrids!

Post by Sammi58 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:40 pm

http://www.puppiesbyratliff.com/puppies.html <- The blustag fraud.

http://www.hiwatarikennel.com/

I like how on his site he has these breeders, and you can only get an authentic tamaskan from them. But they are clearly mixing their so called tamaskans!

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Re: They breeding Tamaskans with wolf hybrids!

Post by Tarheel » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:47 pm

I saw this site a bit ago and had forgotten about it. When I checked it today it appears that they reduced their price. I thought they had the pups going for $800 and now they are at $600. I could be mistaken. I do see that they have only solf 3 and sales are pending on a couple, but this still leaves half the litter unspoken for at 10+ weeks old. I imagine RPK will be happy to take some of these pups off their hands at a reduced price to add to his farming operation.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:06 am

I can see this is old, but with in the last week someone came to my page from this one. So I think it would be best to say, i'm against the mixing of a wolf with the Tamaskan's.

I do not say that I sell a pure Tamaskan and clearly tell anyone contacting me about a puppy if I breed that they are Tamaskan Wolfdogs, Anglo Wulfdog, and crosses. I'm also working on tying to make my dogs Tamaskan dogs. But that may or may not happen.

Please don't link me with mixing wolfs into any Tamaskan type of breeding. I'm very against wolf hybrids. The only thing that links my page with Tamaskan dogs would be some of the items I have on the shop just say Tamaskan as I know some people do have just Tamaskan's but most have Tamaskan Wolfdog.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:04 am

Please don't link me with mixing wolfs into any Tamaskan type of breeding. I'm very against wolf hybrids. The only thing that links my page with Tamaskan dogs would be some of the items I have on the shop just say Tamaskan as I know some people do have just Tamaskan's but most have Tamaskan Wolfdog.
Please explain.
Most people here on this forum have Tamaskan Dogs, or are advocates of the Tamaskan Dog. The animals that RPK and the Ratliffs breed are not Tamaskan Dogs. RPK is clearly producing Tamaskan Mixes and wolfdogs and the Ratliffs are advertising breeding Tamaskan Wolfdog mixed with more wolfdogs. Clearly the Ratliffs are having serious problems selling their pups as I have seen there prices dropping faster than the rising gas prices. Apparently the Tamaskan Club of America does not have a good support system for their registered breeders, otherwise these puppies would have been spoken for as soon as they were born. Seriously, what advantages are there for being associated with and being considered a Registered breeder with the TCA?
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:16 pm

Please explain.
Most people here on this forum have Tamaskan Dogs, or are advocates of the Tamaskan Dog. The animals that RPK and the Ratliffs breed are not Tamaskan Dogs. RPK is clearly producing Tamaskan Mixes and wolfdogs and the Ratliffs are advertising breeding Tamaskan Wolfdog mixed with more wolfdogs. Clearly the Ratliffs are having serious problems selling their pups as I have seen there prices dropping faster than the rising gas prices. Apparently the Tamaskan Club of America does not have a good support system for their registered breeders, otherwise these puppies would have been spoken for as soon as they were born. Seriously, what advantages are there for being associated with and being considered a Registered breeder with the TCA?
I would have to say if I was tying to keep with the TCA then my listing would show I'm in PA and not WA as I've moved and never planned to be a breeder in WA. My number would be listed as I have no problems giving it out for dog type of calls. It would also show the web page domain I have paid for www.HiwatariKennel.com and not the start working on page that I wouldn't go around showing off.

The shop on my page as I put has a very few piece of items that say "I love my Tamaskan" As I know there are people that have a Tamaskan dog and may want a shirt or item without the Wolfdog added, but most do say Tamaskan Wolfdog on them. I clearly say my dogs are Tamaskan Wolfdog's. But I'm working on getting them as Tamaskan dog's. As of right now, the only puppy the TDR wants is Rin, but with all will wait until old enough for test. If any of them can become a Tamaskan dog, they will be changed on my page, until then their all Tamaskan Wolfdogs, and Anglo Wulfdog.

The wolf breeding in I'm very much against and that is just one more reason I'm tying harder to push for my dog's to be changed. When Akira is tested, if she is still a no for the TDR she will become a dog for the Anglo program like Omi is. When Rin is old enough and if she is approved by the TDR, then once she gets her new papers she'll be changed as needed and I'd look for a stud within the TDR for her puppies.

I have never been a supporter of Wolf hybrids. Not even as a kid, I would rather someone get a full wolf then a hybrid and them mixing a hybrid into the breed, even if it's listed. I don't like it. Everyone that emails me I inform them what my dogs are and tell them I can help get them in contact with the TDR if they want a pure Tamaskan.

As for the dropping prices. I can guess they don't want them to stay there longer then needed. The only drop I would do is for friends and family as I know they can and will care for the dogs. Everyone else, if they don't have the money to buy one at that price they shouldn't get a new puppy.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:46 pm

Hiwatari wrote:I have never been a supporter of Wolf hybrids. Not even as a kid, I would rather someone get a full wolf then a hybrid and them mixing a hybrid into the breed, even if it's listed. I don't like it. Everyone that emails me I inform them what my dogs are and tell them I can help get them in contact with the TDR if they want a pure Tamaskan.
How come? :shock:
100% pure wolves are not family pets - they belong in the wild (or in zoos / wildlife parks). 99% of people who "want" a wolf would not be able to care for it properly / adequately. That would require a lot of fully-fenced / escape-proof land (as well as special wildlife licenses / permits) and you couldn't really interact with a wolf - they're not like dogs... they are very shy and timid. :?

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:08 pm

How come? :shock:
100% pure wolves are not family pets - they belong in the wild (or in zoos / wildlife parks). 99% of people who "want" a wolf would not be able to care for it properly / adequately. That would require a lot of fully-fenced / escape-proof land (as well as special wildlife licenses / permits) and you couldn't really interact with a wolf - they're not like dogs... they are very shy and timid. :?
If gotten a few months old a wolf can be just like any other dog. I've known people who own full wolfs and their just like an everyday dog. Playful and loving. The one's who grow up in the wild or have no family interaction when young have to be kept in an enclosed area. However you should always check with your state to find out if you need a licenses or not as some states don't make you get one.

Why I don't like them breeding to a dog. Wolves grow to being an adult where dogs don't, they stay as young kids/teens. So mixing the two would be like a grown up and a young teen having a kid together. They may be just find, or they have a lot of problems.
My father raised one female and one female Timber Wolf from puppies. They acted a little differently than other dogs but they made really good pets. He lived alone at the time on more than 60 acres of land so there was no danger to anyone else. He loved them so much that when a customer at work offered him a half dog/half wolf hybrid, he took it in too. About two weeks later, he was walking through the woods with the three and heard something coming up rapidly behind him. He turned around just in time to see the dog/wolf hybrid in mid-air attacking. They both fell to the ground and my father strangled it as the dog tried to bite him on the face in neck. The dog/wolf got in a couple of bites before it became asphyxiated and gave up. My father called the guy that gave it to him to come and pick it up immediately or it would be put down. The pure-bred Timber wolves never gave him any trouble.

The moral to this story: If you want a pet wolf, make sure it is pure-bred. My father claims that wolves have distinctive behavioral patterns that shouldn't be tampered with through breeding. This dog/wolf hybrid was not afraid of humans (like a dog) but still had a very strong prey drive (like a wolf) and this made it a time-bomb ready to go off.
That is from a page asking about dogs, wolves, and hybrids. As I put before I've know people with pure Wolves and they were a part of the family I would go over and play with them as a kid growing up. I would never trust a hybrid.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:21 pm

Hiwatari,
I think you missed the basis for my question, so I will rephrase it.
IF you are against Wolfdogs and the breeding of Wolfdogs,
Why do you own a Tamaskan Wolfdog?
Why are you a Registered Breeder with the TCA which consists of Wolfdog breeders, namely RPK and the Ratliffs?
The sole breeders listed are RPK, the Ratliffs and Hiwatari?
what is your association with the TCA?
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Tarheel wrote:Hiwatari,
I think you missed the basis for my question, so I will rephrase it.
IF you are against Wolfdogs and the breeding of Wolfdogs,
Why do you own a Tamaskan Wolfdog?
Why are you a Registered Breeder with the TCA which consists of Wolfdog breeders, namely RPK and the Ratliffs?
The sole breeders listed are RPK, the Ratliffs and Hiwatari?
what is your association with the TCA?
I'm going to guess I did. I got Akira as a friend to Kai because I couldn't get a doberman where I was living. And it was stated that their the wolfdog without the wolf and I couldn't get a price right off from anyone else. Plus the litter was born and Akira looked just like a fully dobe as a pup. I like Akira so I got Rin with her having the same mother.

My association with the TCA other then them putting my page up is nothing. If I'm driving in NC I will stop at RPK only to show him the puppies I got from there and to see their parents. But other then that, I don't talk with them. As for Ratliffs, I found out about them the same time as everyone else and only talked with them to find out why they mated their female with the wolf hybrid there. Nothing else. I also may say I didn't find their reason very good, but then I guess with RPK having to pay a stud fee and not being able to get it back. They wanted to make sure their dog mated.

I would much rather not have my page listed then have it there. It you notice it only has my name, where I use to live and the old page link.

Did I cover it right this time? If not then feel free to ask again.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:59 pm

What I just dont understand is that you state that you have always been against hybrids - but you goes out and buys a dog with a name that clearly states it is or is supposed to have wolf in it (tamaskan WOLFDOG) - and that the breeder does show he is mixing with wolfdogs in his breeding stock..

You do this not only once but twice?

And even after learning about RPK you STILL use the name and thereby giving RPK commercial through your site?
I thought that you were trying to distance youself from RPK - but you still visit to show your dogs (I can't imagine that he cares when I think of how he sells without screening) and still give him some credit every time you write to someone that your dogs are Tamaskan Wolfdogs - If I were you I'd change them from "breed" to mixes - Tamaskan Wolfdog isn't much of a breed anyways in my eyes - just a giant mix of dog and wolfdogs..

Not sure if you guys understand me?
>> Nino <<

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:35 am

I understand what your saying. But RPK does label the wolf hybrids they have as wolf hybrids and breed them to each other. However it wasn't until late that they listed the hybrid puppies on another area, making buyer have to know what dog was what. The Tamaskan Wolfdogs are Tamskan's and other wolf looking dogs (Utonagan's). Plus it wasn't until after I got Akira that I found out even more on the breed. All the breeders I had looked at before didn't list a price and he did.

After talking with the TDR (after having Akira) I asked him why he wanted with them anymore and his reason was because the TDR wanted him to up the price of his puppies and he didn't want to. Truth or not, I don't know. When in Iraq I was looking to get a TDR dog (talked this over in another area), but duo to sending with an unknown email on the other end. I never got anything back after talking with them for a bit. That along with Shadow having a new litter is why I got another girl from them. But I have no plans to get any more dogs out of RPK and I'm working on changing the ones I have to TDR dogs.

As far as i know RPK has sold one litter of Tamaskan wolfdog/ wolf hybrids and now the other 'breeder' starts off with a Tamaskan wolfdog/ wolf hybrid litter. Until my dogs are changed, I'm not going to lie about what they are. That's why their still listed as Tamaskan Wolfdog's. Akira however if she passes her test will change to I hope a TDR Tamaskan, but she's not wanted as of now by them. There for she will be changed to the Anglo if they don't change their minds. Omi is already a Anglo, and the TDR as of right now does want Rin. but we're all waiting until she's heath tested to think about it.

As for going there. It's solely because if I get a dog from anyone and have the time to be able to show them the puppy I got. I will. Omi's breeder get's Photo's every time I take any as I can't ever get him there. Just like any puppy I get from a TDR breeder when I look for a new one. I'll always sent updates if I can't bring them in person. Along with any puppies I sell (if any) I would like to at lest get photo's of them if I can't see them in person.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:34 am

If you are not associated with the TCA, Why are you listed as a Registered breeder? If you are not a registered breeder, why have you not requested your name be removed from thier site?

It is just strange how you say you do not condone wolfdogs, yet you associate yourself with wolfdog breeders and puppy mills., I would think an up and coming breeder who is legit, would want to separate any association from them as quickly and cleanly as possible????
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:49 am

Well I have no rights to change anything on the page. I've asked, but only time can tell if anything gets changed. I've also put my dislike for breeding his wolf hybrid with another breeders Tamaskan Wolfdog.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:04 am

Hiwatari wrote:If gotten a few months old a wolf can be just like any other dog. I've known people who own full wolfs and their just like an everyday dog. Playful and loving. The one's who grow up in the wild or have no family interaction when young have to be kept in an enclosed area.
I'm pretty certain those were wolfdogs then... real wolves (even high content wolfdogs) don't make good family pets as they can't live indoors (they cannot be housebroken as their instinct to "mark" is too strong). It's very difficult to find real 100% pure wolves, unless from a zoo (captive bred for many generations) or wild caught (usually un-tamable). Many people say (or think) they have REAL wolves when they are just mid-content wolfdogs (or low / no content!) There is a big difference though and the traits are noticeable when you know what to look for. Do you have any photos per chance? :)
Hiwatari wrote:I also may say I didn't find their reason very good, but then I guess with RPK having to pay a stud fee and not being able to get it back. They wanted to make sure their dog mated.
Wait, RPK paid the stud fee? I think I misread that :?
Hiwatari wrote:I would much rather not have my page listed then have it there. It you notice it only has my name, where I use to live and the old page link.
Did you try asking him to take it down? I think if you asked nicely he would have to?
Hiwatari wrote:I asked him why he wanted with them anymore and his reason was because the TDR wanted him to up the price of his puppies and he didn't want to. Truth or not, I don't know.
That is definitely not true. I've never heard that before in my life but the TDR really has absolutely nothing to do with the prices that the individual breeders choose to sell their pups for! That's up to the breeders themselves... the only time anyone ever said anything to me about price was when I explained that I was charging 1500 euros for breeding quality (and one reputable registered breeder told me that the price was probably a bit too high) but then I explained that most of the pups (from my first litter) were all pet quality and being sold for 1000 euros (including vaccination / microchip / pet passport / health certificate / registration papers / full pedigree / parent's health records / DVD of photos / 2.5kg of puppy food / etc etc etc) and that breeding quality came with a special contract, ensuring extra guarantees / terms & conditions.

Anyway, my point is that registered breeders all set their own prices - some higher than others, some with "extras" thrown in for "free", etc... the TDR really has no say in this whatsoever, as it is the breeder's ultimate decision, and we certainly don't monopolize or set fixed prices; such a system would never work anyway. If a breeder sets the prices far too high or too low, the TDR might offer advice but I doubt it would ever be the case to say that the price should be RAISED! (Unless the price is ridiculously cheap [under $400] meaning that the pups could end up in bad hands and exploited: dog fighting, laboratory testing, raffle prizes, etc.)

Anyway, I find it a really hilarious excuse that he's telling people as a reason why he's not with the TDR - how silly! what next?! :lol:
Hiwatari wrote:I'll always sent updates if I can't bring them in person. Along with any puppies I sell (if any) I would like to at lest get photo's of them if I can't see them in person.
Cool. Yeah, that's how it should be. :)

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:34 pm

I can honestly say the TDR has NEVER told ANYONE what price to set for their pups, we give a guideline and advice to anyone asking but NEVER have we told anyone they MUST lower or higher their price.

RPK is not with the TDR because he broke soooooo many of our basic rules and he was kicked out, simple as that.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Do you have any photos per chance?
I do not have one as I was a kid then. They found him when out hunting. So that the cop wouldn't question about him they just said he was a GSD mix they got from a friend. He was very friendly to people he knew but kept away from ones he didn't.
Wait, RPK paid the stud fee? I think I misread that :?
They paid a stud fee to RPK to use Tumble, but their girl didn't want him so they used Kato.
Did you try asking him to take it down? I think if you asked nicely he would have to?
I have and now it's finally down.
I can honestly say the TDR has NEVER told ANYONE what price to set for their pups, we give a guideline and advice to anyone asking but NEVER have we told anyone they MUST lower or higher their price.
Anyway, I find it a really hilarious excuse that he's telling people as a reason why he's not with the TDR - how silly! what next?! :lol:
It's good to know you don't push a price, but that was the reason he gave me for why he wasn't with you anymore.
Cool. Yeah, that's how it should be. :)
I fully agree and it's the only reason I go there. Long with as I said seeing the parents.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm

The Ratliffs still have two of their Tamaskan Woldog /Hybrid mixes still advertised with a price now down to $400. I guess they don't have the concept of supply and demand quite figured out yet. If there is no demand for the Tam Wolfdog / hybrid cross, DON'T BREED THEM!!!!!! Poor puppies were born 20 Nov 2010. The poor remaining pups are 3 1/2 months old now. They get harder and harder to place as they grow older.

Hiwatari, I am glad that you have realized that listing yourself with the TCA and commercial breeders is not the in your best interest. I just hope when it is time to evaluate any of your dogs for the TDR that you are able to prove parentage through DNA, as TCA pedigrees are probably not worth the paper they are printed on.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Hiwatari wrote:I do not have one as I was a kid then. They found him when out hunting. So that the cop wouldn't question about him they just said he was a GSD mix they got from a friend. He was very friendly to people he knew but kept away from ones he didn't.
Ahh OK... well if they found him while out hunting, it could have been someone's lost / abandoned wolfdog pet. A real wolf wouldn't just come up to hunters in the wild and go home with them - not a chance! At least he had a good life with them. :)
Hiwatari wrote:They paid a stud fee to RPK to use Tumble, but their girl didn't want him so they used Kato.
Yeah, that makes sense... I thought that RPK paid them and I was a bit confused for a second. If it were me, I would have waited to try again next season or asked for the money back (since Tumble didn't "perform" his duty) which is standard practice. Breeding with another (potentially unsuitable) dog just doesn't make sense, especially if no one would want to buy the resulting pups from that mating. There just isn't the market for them with so many of these "wolfdogs" flooding animal shelters across America; you can adopt a rescue one for next to nothing.
Hiwatari wrote:I have and now it's finally down.
That's cool. I'm glad he listens to you. Shame he won't do the same for his silly TamaskanTruth page. It would save us all a lot of hassle. Oh well, it'll be his problem to deal with in the end. ;)
Hiwatari wrote:It's good to know you don't push a price, but that was the reason he gave me for why he wasn't with you anymore.
lol yeah, it's just funny because it seems like to him it's a competition or something: all about money and sales. In reality, we place profit very low on our list of priorities - I must have turned down close to 100 homes for my first litter, for various reasons, simply because they would have proved unsuitable... even though (for instance) I was offered a LOT of money to send a puppy to Dubai. I don't care if someone offers me a million euros, no Arctic Breed puppy of mine is going to live in the desert! I'd rather sell a pup for less and know that it's going to a great home. Anyway, that's a personal decision for each breeder to make... the TDR has no rules or guidelines on price and it's never even been brought up as an issue to discuss until now. lol :)

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:26 pm

I just hope when it is time to evaluate any of your dogs for the TDR that you are able to prove parentage through DNA
I'm going to try everything that I can, but that will be the hard part. Akira can be shown as half with Moose's DNA. Just like Rin can be shown as Akira's half sister with them both being from Shadow. I could also easily get Ula's to show that the father is the same. But I'm not sure about really getting any of the parents other then Moose. More so with me not being a listed breeder with him anymore. But all you can do is ask. I hope when the time comes I can get everything needed.
Ahh OK... well if they found him while out hunting, it could have been someone's lost / abandoned wolfdog pet. A real wolf wouldn't just come up to hunters in the wild and go home with them - not a chance! At least he had a good life with them. :)
I couldn't say how they got him out there. I just know that they found him when hunting. He was a great dog.
Yeah, that makes sense... I thought that RPK paid them and I was a bit confused for a second. If it were me, I would have waited to try again next season or asked for the money back (since Tumble didn't "perform" his duty) which is standard practice. Breeding with another (potentially unsuitable) dog just doesn't make sense, especially if no one would want to buy the resulting pups from that mating. There just isn't the market for them with so many of these "wolfdogs" flooding animal shelters across America; you can adopt a rescue one for next to nothing.
I agree fully. If they couldn't get their money back I, then waiting for the next time would be the best. Just mating for a litter isn't right. More so when no one would want them. I can say if Akira does mate, the ones who don't move onto the paws test, I already have friends and family that would come long before someone I don't know for the puppies. She is a very liked dog in this town so most puppies would more then likely stay around here.
I don't care if someone offers me a million euros
I agree with this, however I do know a lot of people in hot areas with malamutes. A good owner would get them cooling beds, dogs houses, and the cooling vest. So I wouldn't say no if they have and show me the items needed. If they don't even know about them, then I wouldn't let a puppy go. I can say Ula is in GA and loving it there. Two ponds to run in and her cooling bed. Nikki is also getting her a cooling vest before it starts getting to hot.

Tamaddict
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Tamaddict » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Just a quick note on owning a 100% wolf. I don't know if anyone else saw this show but it was posted on the forum some where in pieces. I think it was in the Russian tame foxes discussion or something similar. It had to do with the domestication of dogs. Anyway, on the show they did an experiment where they took newborn wolf pups from a wolf pack in a sanctuary and raised them in a home with dogs as dogs. They did training and socializations and all the things you generally need for a well behaved dog. By several months old the wolf cubs were completely uncontrollable and had to be returned to the sanctuary.

I find it very unlikely that those were full blood wolves. Domestication is a long process, just by treating a wild animal as a domestic animal does not make it happen.
-Michelle

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Aside from the fake Blustag in Missouri, RPK has launched another fake Blustag website. So now it appears that we have not two but THREE Blustags, two of which are RPK's phony sites! God dammit! This old guy is really losing his mind, who's he trying to fool when what he's done is confused a lot more people! Take a look at the screenshot, courtesy of Ms. K. Primrose of the NTCC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks for the screen print. I don't like following the links incase it makes those sites easier to find by other people, but it is interesting to see the rubbish he is producing.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:41 pm

He pretends to be Blustag, but he writes as If he isn't:
"...bred by the two main founders of the breed (Blustag & Blufawn kennels)."

If he was Blustag, wouldnt he have said "bred by myself and Blufawn"
Image Image

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Kyliedelonge wrote:He pretends to be Blustag, but he writes as If he isn't:
"...bred by the two main founders of the breed (Blustag & Blufawn kennels)."

If he was Blustag, wouldnt he have said "bred by myself and Blufawn"
So are bets on to how quickly he changes that bit of text :roll:

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:19 am

Just as I thought, somebody in my school who has also been keeping track of the RPK situation was also confused when she saw the fake Blustag website because Ratliff, probably RPK's only other breeder within the US, in Missouri had also once stolen the affix prior to this. This guy's been making so much rubbish that nothing he writes makes any sense when you look at all of the information on his websites and the tamaskantruth site and try to construct the puzzle. First talking ill about the real Blustag and then stealing the affix and giving it to the millers in Missori and now this phony site along with the fake Lynn but with contact infos all leading back to his commercial kennel. I wonder what's next? More confusing garbage? He's so asking for lawsuit