Blustag (Lynn Hardey) - England, UK

Info about scams and false advertisements relating to the sale of Tamaskan Dogs (or fake "Tamaskans").
ForumAdmin
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Blustag (Lynn Hardey) - England, UK

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:04 am

Please post your reviews of Blustag (Lynn Hardey) in this thread.
Please read the RULES before posting. Thank you!
Serving the International Tamaskan Community

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Blustag (Lynn Hardey) - England, UK

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:58 am

Blustag… Where to start… Even tho i realize it is for the best now, i still have a fondness for that pup that i can't explain :oops:

Well, that was a mess from the beginning… Making people wait so long before ‘allocating’ puppies or even letting people know if they even got one or not…

After the building frustration I finally got an e-mail saying this Jodie male was available if I wanted him… I thought “if I wanted him? Of cause I want him!”. There were no words to describe how happy I was at that point … No DOB or any other details just a pic and 1 sentence... But i was happy so didn't think about that...

A little time went by, and I requested updated pics but stated there were no rush as I knew they were moving and didn’t want to be an inconvenience… But those pictures never came…

I heard nothing else until Lynn called me to inform me that DNA profiling had come back and it was a Jodie/Dingo pup, offspring from the original mating she wanted and would only let him go on a breeding contract… Would I be happy to do that? I said I had no intention of altering him and I would be more than happy to buy him on a breeding contract pending health tests… She proceeded and asked how my Saxon boy Sam was with Small dogs and I told her we didn’t encounter them that often but when we did he was gentile… Play bowed and bounced in front of them but was gentle enough.

Then again, nothing else until I sent her an updated address for her records and then she said she wasn’t sure about selling me him… This is where the nightmare really began...
screenie for breeder review.jpg
This was news to me because I told her last year that I wanted a pup for Sam to play with and asked her if a Jodie male would be possible in the foreseeable future… Could she not have told me then that a Jodie boy and my boy wouldn’t be possible?

She then went on to tell ME my dog was too dominant for this particular pup (because she knows this since the last she saw him he was 5 month old). I said he wasn’t and has shown no dominance towards other dogs in the slightest… He gets bossed about by my cat! But she kept telling me that a Jodie boy and a Saxon pup would have difficulties when the Jodie pup grew up.

I got curious by what was said about Hunter and pm’d White Elk and Pete to conferm temperaments of 2 siblings and parents and nothing matched what Hunter was described like and the way she described a “Saxon boy” (basically thought I was missing something).

She said before she would go ahead and sell me the pup she wanted to visit my home with a couple of her dogs and a few pups
screenie for breeder review 2.jpg
I told her I couldn’t allow her to come with dogs or pup’s because a house full of dogs would seriously upset my cats with the strange scents and they have just got over moving house… And then there is the fact that any dog trainer you talk to will say too introduce dogs on neutral ground which I said I’d be happy to do but she she then responded with
Blustag wrote: I would NOT have come into your home with dogs...dont be ridiculous. Without a home visit and talk in depth with you I couldnt allow you to take
on two males.
(anyone wants a screenies of this, feel free to ask… Didn’t want to flood the whole, entire post with them)

I was also concerned that she had no pups old enough at the time to have had a full course of injections to be able to come into contact with outside dogs safely and wondered who’s pups health she was risking and wondered if it was common practice. I live just yards away from the river bank where 100’s of dogs pass daily and most don’t have annual injections…

So again, I had to tell her I couldn’t allow her to come with dogs or puppies but she is more than welcome to come just her. I didn’t have a problem with her coming…

She then went on, saying she wouldn’t be able to sell me any pup because I wouldn’t allow her to come to my home, my boy and the Jodie/Dongo pup is a recipe for disaster with Sam being all dominant an all. Even after cancelling me having the boy, she continued to mail me
Blustag wrote: i'll be requesting debby to terminate my forum account..............I find this rather odd and why say you 'will' be requesting Debby when you 'already' have???
I told her i asked Debby about how i would do it if i wanted to after a few days because i couldn't bare the thought of looking at peoples happy puppy pics (as it turned out, some awesome people persuaded me to stay around...).

Then she sent...
Blustag wrote:

Terri

Just read this post of yours on the forum.

now i've been doing sit and stay when someone comes to the door. i have various co-opritive people who doesn't mind waiting till i get sam to sit and stay. if i go to the door and he moves then i walk into him forcing him to back up and repeat the sit and stay thing. it's slightly tricky because he loves people and visitors and usually tries to walk around me so i got to do this side to side dance thingy to keep him on the right side of me

Why then would it have been difficult for him to meet me in your house???

Lynn
This must have taken her a while to find...

There were 1 or 2 more after this… Every detail is not really needed… Just her trying to find things to make it look like I’m lying or my dog is a demon dog… As if i wasn't devastated enough already losing the pup i'd grown to love over the months...

All in all it was the most distressing experience I’ve had and I couldn’t figure out why she had done this to me… Why she would lie about me and my dog… As it turn’s out, she changed her mind about selling him and wanted to keep him. Instead of just saying that, it would look better for her if it was some how my fault no?

I got told she then went on to post lies in the breeder section where I couldn’t defend me or my dog…

Based on my experience, I would not recommend this breeder to my worst enemy, never mind friends... But at least she refunded my deposit with no problems...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

stitch92
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by stitch92 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:06 am

I had really high hopes about getting a beautiful dog from this breeder but instead myself and my family ended up in heartbreak.

We first saw a 7 month old tamaskan advertised on preloved. He looked absolutely gorgeous and the description enticed us to go and view him. First impressions of the breeders home wasn't so great but she explained she had recently moved in so the mess was sort of acceptable. We (myself and my family) had never been to a 'proper' breeders before as our previous dogs had been rescues but we were all quite shocked at the dog to space ratio in the kennels. So after a brief intro about the breed the breeder brought the dog out to meet us and he was as handsome as in the picture. We fell in love with him and asked some questions about history ect and apparently his first owner brought him back through 'no fault of his own'. We took that reason at face value and asked what he would be like alone in the house. The breeder informed us a few hours should be the limit which was fine by us. After returning home and considering the pros and cons we decided to call the breeder and ask if she would be happy with us taking on the dog and she said she was on the condition that if we ever needed to return him he'd go back to her as she didn't want him going in the wrong hands. This seemed fair enough and we were confident he wouldn't leave our family.
We couldn't be more wrong as we had hell with this poor lad. He had a sweet nature and was fantastic on a lead and great with other dogs but he unfortunately had major separation anxiety. We couldn't leave him alone for 2 minutes never mind 2 hours! The breeder also told us he was crate trained which was absolute rubbish. We spent a fortune on a huge crate which he wouldn't go in and when he would and we closed the door he'd go absolutely insane. As we couldn't afford to give up work we contacted the breeder in desperation who just kept saying to give him time. He always had plenty of exercise (sometimes 3/4 hours of walking a day) around a country park meeting other dogs and having a run in an enclosed space off a lead but when we returned home he was still unsettled and would pace around the house. Even if just one of my family would leave he cry and howl and become distressed. We never encouraged this by paying him attention and would try and praise him when he finally setlled but it was so upsetting to see that we really needed to help him for his welfare. So we tried calling the breeder again but the same advice 'just keep trying with him'. So we began a whole process of possible solutions starting with calming pills from the vet which of course didn't work. We then thought it might of been dog companionship he was missing so our family friends were amazing enough to let him live in their house with their dog who we regularly walk with. But still, if our friend left he'd howl and become destructive. Our next plan was to build an outdoor kennel outside as it seemed to be what he was used to but then our vet suggested we see a dog pychologist that they knew. After consulting with the psychologist she advised that unless we were going to consider getting a big pack of dogs he probably would never be content. This was obviously devastating news for us as realistically we would not be able to do that. So we called the breeder to explain the situation but instead of taking him back like she requested she refused. This shocked and further upset our family as we weren't willing to sell him to just anyone as we wanted him to go to a good home. After endless research we found a reputable husky rescue centre who were happy to take him on and we could get regular updates of his progress and could even visit him. We thought the heartache was over until we had angry calls from the breeder saying how she couldn't believe that we gave him up. The rescue centre then had people sending emails and calls regarding him and further harassing the rescue centre spreading lies and rumours. We later discovered that we were not the second owner of him but the fourth!! We got him for £750 (which was never refunded to us) so I hate to imagine how much money this woman made out of the poor boy.

In conclusion I wouldn't recommend this breeder as all we had was harassment and deceit and it was the poor boy and our family that suffered. Since buying from this breeder we haven't had a dog since as we don't want to deal with the emotional pain again.
Though I'm happy to say the boy we purchased has now been rehomed and lives with a lovely family with two dogs of their own and he seems very happy. Also the reason I have not disclosed his name is because of the obvious issues we had with him, but his name has also been changed from the name the breeder gave him so I'm hoping that part of his past will never return to haunt him again!

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:25 am

Everyone here should know who you are talking about. I followed him on the rescue page and was very pleased with the progress he made. Thanks for telling your side, I always wondered how it came about that he ended up in rescue.
Image Image

stitch92
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by stitch92 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:04 am

That doesn't surprise me, from the calls the rescue centre were getting when they first got him he proved quite popular and a lot of shady people were wanting to get their hands on him. I just hope he stays with the family he's with now I can't believe he's had so many homes in such a short space of his life.
I read all the comments from the rescue centre about owners giving up too easily and not willing to train their dog ect ect and I just didn't want people to think we got him and just gave up. I like to think we tried so hard to keep him but seeking a professionals advice just confirmed that we had to stop being selfish and consider that someone will be able to make him an extremely happy dog and I think that's been achieved. Even though its been just under a year I find tears coming to my eyes when I see his picture because we all miss him so very much. He truly is a special boy and his new owners are very lucky to have him.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:05 am

Wow. What an awful story, sounds like you went the full nine yard with this boy. I truly feel by reading this that you did the absolute best you could but he needed a home with lots of dogs and more attention than could have possibly been provided. Kudos for going as far as you did with him :)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:57 am

I'm glad to read your side of the story, I too wondered how he ended up in husky rescue center. It's so sad what happened, but glad he finally have seemed to find his forever home. I have a litter brother myself, and he's a really difficult dog (fear aggression). Such a shame the breeder didn't spend the effort to socialize these pups, I'm sure they would have been much better to handle if they were :(

stitch92
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by stitch92 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:55 am

I also had no idea that he was previously called Bear? This shocked me after I found the 'Bear (Goldenfleece-blustag)' thread. I genuinely don't know Bear/Jets past but from the sounds of it Lynn was just never truthful with owners which is really disappointing. As a family seeking the 'right dog' you put all your trust in the breeder and when this is broken it makes you question the breeders sincerity and professionalism. I just want to assure the members of this forum that were following Bear/Jets story that if we had known we were the millionth owner and he had been passed from pillar to post we would had never of considered him. Also to the members that were upset about our decision to take him to a husky rescue, as explained in my first post Lynn refused to take him back and we felt lost on where to take him. We did not want to sell him and we were not bothered about getting any money for him we just wanted him to go to a home where people knew the breed and could provide the tools and effort to make him flourish into a superb dog. From the few comments responding to my story it sounds like people wondered why we did this and I hope this clarifies why. If anyone has any other questions I'd be happy to answer but I think I've told everything that happened whilst Bear/Jet was in our care.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:34 am

I think you did the right thing by him. You didn't send him to a pound or give him away to just anyone. Husky rescue did wonders with him and he is now a happy dog.
I think people were wondering if lynn herself had given him to the rescue (at least I did).
Image Image

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:24 pm

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. It's terrible that you had to go through all of that, and that you are only just now finding out the whole story - luckily Bear/Jet now seems to be doing OK and hopefully he'll have a good life. Please rest assured that not all Tamaskan breeders are like that! Maybe one day there'll come a time when you feel ready to welcome another Tamaskan into your life. Until then, enjoy your visits here on the forum. :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm

I have long prayed for a happy ending to this heart-breaking drama with this male but I am glad that he is finally in a forever home with someone capable of living up to his needs. It also means a lot to all of his former owners who have been following his story of which I have spoken with one of them before.